Partick Th -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

11 hours ago, IBM said:

Great team performance tonight although I was hoping for a third goal instead of trying to keep the ball in the corners but we hang on.  Looking forward to Tuesday night v Alloa, Falkirk on Saturday and County the following Tuesday, can we get a run going? 

A big week and a bit ahead. No reason why, on current form, we can't win all three.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, IBM said:

Great team performance tonight although I was hoping for a third goal instead of trying to keep the ball in the corners but we hang on. 

On the contrary, this for me was one of the more pleasing aspects towards the end.

All too often we've squandered a lead or not seen a game out so it was good to see us play sensible at a time when we had them rattled. It's good to see some game management for a change and shows we're learning.

Imagine this thread had we gone for a third and they break and score.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

Forget Dunfermline (hopefully), next stop leap frogging Ayr.

Agree that we have the potential to overtake Ayr but, at the same time, it would be highly dangerous to forget Dunfermline. Effectively three teams playing for the remaining two play off places assuming that Dundee United do not implode.

Strange game. I thought it was pretty rank for the most part whilst others around me thought it was great. I thought White played pretty rotten apart from his dummy for the goal others thought he was outstanding. Can't really recall much of note for us in the first half. Decent effort from Chalmers perhaps being the closest we came to opening the scoring. Decent save from the Partick keeper. Doran found himself with a bit of space in the box and fired a low drive just wide but I don't think either team deserved to be ahead at the break. 

Excellent opener for us with a lovely dummy from White as mentioned above. Nice finish by Doran from close range. Sneddon then produced a stunning one handed save to dent us a second. I couldn't see exactly what happened but I think it was a header possibly from McCart which Sneddon somehow managed to claw away from goal. It looks incredible. What was also incredible was the Partick equaliser. Wonderfully struck curling shot from just outside the box by Bannigan, one of those that you could tell was in as soon as it left his foot. Partick were in the ascendancy at this point and Storey was causing us a few problems with his pace and Partick seemed to get some decent half chances with a simple ball over the top of our defence but fortunately we were able to keep them at bay until we bagged a late winner.

This time it was our own ball over the top that led to the second, Polworth chipped the ball forward, Doran backheeled it into the direction of Walsh, who turned the tide when he came on, and he blasted an unstoppable volley through Sneddon to bag the win. After this Partick seemed to give up (as mentioned above) and we quite easily held out for a precious three points.

I thought Doran was our MotM with strong performances from Polworth (when he wanted to), Walsh and Welsh. We played better and lost to very happy to get the win.

• Like 1

Was a very intriguing game, conditions were difficult in the first half but we seemed to deal with it much better and were more confident on the ball. Whilst we were the better team we were too slow moving the ball. We made two decent chances in the last 5 mins of the half.

Second half the conditions calmed and McDonald starting dropping deep more and more, when they brought on storey his running caused us a bit of danger and opened the game up. All three goals were excellent. The final goal killed Partick and they visibly gave up after it. Think we deserved to win but it was a hard fought one.

Thought everyone played their part. Playing Chalmers wide means his natural instinct in the check back or run into the middle and not go beyond the opposition defence like Doran does. Whilst Chalmers did well it harms out forward opportunities. It's harsh to drop Chalmers or Trafford but think it's for the greater good to get Walsh back into the starting 11. Special mentions to Doran, Welsh and White.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic