Best ict goals

Bronson

One of my most favourite ICT goals was by Richard Hastings at Telford Street, a 35 yard free kick against Cowdenbeath. Memorable mostly for my Dad saying it's too far out he'll never score from there, before it went flying into the top corner! Funny how time changes your memories though, in my head it was a last minute winner, when I looked it up it was in the 35th minute (although we did get a last minute Stewart winner for 3-2).

On 9/14/2019 at 10:02 PM, Caley Stan said:

Memories are confusing. I've got this Hastings free-kick down as a first-half goal in a 6-1 win against Albion Rovers. He admitted afterwards that he was aiming for the opposite corner and never scored from long range again. 

He definitely scored a free kick in that game, I believe we were 6-0 up at half time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 11:46 AM, ictchris said:

He definitely scored a free kick in that game, I believe we were 6-0 up at half time.

It looks like the Hastings free kick was either against Cowdenbeath (14th Oct 95) or against Arbroath (4th Nov 95) as they were the only goals he scored that season. 

The goalscorers in the 6-1 win against Albion Rovers were Iain Stewart (x3), Colin Mitchell (x2) and Dave Ross (x1).

20190929_102706.thumb.jpg.47d7c70da7bcc49d05037193a0836f05.jpg

20190929_102736.thumb.jpg.c8ee20b1ec33a586a2c6275f0df592e6.jpg

20190929_102803.thumb.jpg.fec77b977b0e3f621fe1afd2501cf6ab.jpg

I always remember a quote from Steve Paterson about the players after the 6-1 win against Albion Rovers which appeared in one of the national football magazines:

"They let the club down"

20190929_102823.thumb.jpg.49a1fe15da5eee8396bac583c7ff91ad.jpg

And here is Richard Hastings in action from that game against Arbroath. 

The run of results from September and October 1995 were phenomenal.  Wins of 5-0, 5-0, 6-1 & 5-1 all recorded within a 6 week period.  Must have been great to watch and a huge tonic after the Baltacha era.

By the way, I'm needing the following programmes from that 1995-96 season if anybody is able to help:

H v Brechin City (26th August 95)

H v Queens Park (9th September 95)

H v Ross County (30th September 95)

H v Albion Rovers (21st October 95)

H v Arbroath (4th November 95)

As a real golden oldie (as announced by tannoy last Sat)(thanks ICT for 3 points on my birthday) I have loads of memories but my best memory ever  has to be “The David Raven” v Celtic in Scottish Cup Semi Final.   Nothing tops that for me, ICT such underdogs, Celtic going for another treble, teams level, AND then that goal.  What euphoria!   Made this old bird soooo happy!  

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

The reference to Miller I presume means the guy who also played for Vancouver in British Columbia.

That Miller got the ball in his own half  on that particular day,  waltzed down to the opponent's goal at speed and scored handily. Unbelievable piece of footwork I must admit. It was like he was going through soft butter with  a hot knife. "The MIller of old from Rangers as I remember.....?

On 9/29/2019 at 10:49 AM, bmills said:

And here is Richard Hastings in action from that game against Arbroath. 

The run of results from September and October 1995 were phenomenal.  Wins of 5-0, 5-0, 6-1 & 5-1 all recorded within a 6 week period.  Must have been great to watch and a huge tonic after the Baltacha era.

By the way, I'm needing the following programmes from that 1995-96 season if anybody is able to help:

H v Brechin City (26th August 95)

H v Queens Park (9th September 95)

H v Ross County (30th September 95)

H v Albion Rovers (21st October 95)

H v Arbroath (4th November 95)

Try Bryan Munro who edited them. I've pm'd you the contact details I have, but I haven't spoken to Bryan in years. Maybe others can help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Bryan is my uncle. DM me and I will give you his email bmills. 

Well well well? 

Is he keeping well? Thought I heard he had a few problems, must be a decent age now. I used to send him photos from the away games back in the lower leagues when the stewards didn’t bother you. He even interviewed me for the programme one week. Back in the days when I stood with Ken MacDonald on the west terracing and Lewis was still only about 6ft 5”.

Edited by TheMantis

On 3/23/2019 at 10:09 PM, TheMantis said:

Ian Stewart lobbing Hutchison at Viccy Park in 96-97.

Denzil v Hearts in 2002

Raven’s winner v Celtic.

I'm currently in the process of uploading footage to YouTube from the old days. 

Added the Hearts game today featuring that Dennis Wyness goal. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ictchris said:

You are a top man for uploading these clips.  The 2002/03 season is my favourite ever, we played some amazing stuff, particularly in the run of games up until Paterson left.

Just watched the 7 clips from 02/03. Think I'm going to cry when Pele leaves (again). 

13 minutes ago, Caley Stan said:

Just watched the 7 clips from 02/03. Think I'm going to cry when Pele leaves (again). 

The period between our first win, against County in the fourth game of the season, and Paterson leaving we played 17 games, won 14, lost 2 and drew 1.  One of the losses was away to Celtic, the draw was at Ayr when we came from 3-0 down.  We socred 48 goals - Wyness scored 18 goals, Ritchie 11 goals and Robson 7 goals.

That is my favourite ever Caley XI.  Not saying the best but my favourite - Brown, Tokely, Golabek, Mann, Munro, Duncan, McBain, Hart, Wyness, Ritchie,  Robson.

• Agree 1

On 10/12/2019 at 8:16 AM, bmills said:

As far as best ICT goals go, check out this Paul Ritchie strike at Alloa Athletic in 2002 - 1 minute 44 seconds in to make it 4-0.

I believe this is what you are referring to ?

PA190014.JPG

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

I believe this is what you are referring to ?

PA190014.JPG

By chance, I stumbled upon that photo this morning whilst searching for pictures of Recreation Park.

Excellent shot especially given that you were just trying out your new camera!  You must have been confident it was going in or it'd have smashed the camera for sure. 

18 hours ago, bmills said:

By chance, I stumbled upon that photo this morning whilst searching for pictures of Recreation Park.

Excellent shot especially given that you were just trying out your new camera!  You must have been confident it was going in or it'd have smashed the camera for sure. 

Nowadays with burst mode you’d get a choice of shots as the ball made its way into the net. Back then you only got one go and there was a fair bit of shutter lag so you had to try and predict what would happen.

I used to get shots for Bryan Munro to use in the programme from the away matches as nobody else did that. That came to an end once we made the big time and Peter Paul has long represented the club on the other side of the fence but I’ve been toying with the idea of taking a camera along to Alloa and Arbroath this season just for kicks and to see if I can get away with it.