If Pele stayed !!!!!

dumpmaster

Do you reckon Paterson would have got us to the dizzy heights where we currently sit? And if so would we be more of an attacking gungho team like in the days of the second division where 5-3 scorelines were not unheard of ?(both wins and defeats)

Obviously we'll never know the answer.

IMO, it was the signing of Bingham that gave us the edge over the other division 1 teams, and he only signed for us because he was mates with Robbo.

I don't think Pele could have attracted any equivalent signing of that calibre, and so we would not have won the league that season.

Looking at Div 1 last season or this season, who knows, Pele's team might have been good enough to win it.

I don't think that Pele would have won the First Division in 2004. His teams were fantastic to watch but would we have hauled back Clyde playing his way? It's doubtful. Having said that, the first half of the 2002/03 season was the best football I've ever seen us play - I think we won 13 out of 15 games in the league, with one defeat and a draw where we came from 3-0 down.

Apparently there will be an annoucement on the County job at noon today with Pele one of the names linked. Also in the frame, according to todays Sun is Motherwell captain Scott Leitch :shock:

Pele will not get the County job. MacGregor told the BBC last night that the new manager will come as a total surprise, young and hungry, aged 35-40, with experience North and South of the border.

BBC reckons Scott Leitch.

A real shame for Pele. Will he ever get back?

Guest kingkojak

does he even want back? i heard he was quite content with life just now and that he has a grip on his 'problems' footy management is a stressful game

Guest Reefinweed

He would have had us in the top six challenging for Europe!!! :D

Glad he didn't get the County job wouldn't want the Tinks being more than the mediocre also rans they are at the moment!!!

Pele left to go to Aberdeen when the club were top of the league.

If you look at the team now he signed most of them and he has been gone nearly four years. Pretty good signings I would say.

I think he would have continued to progress the club.

Guest Caley83

I think Pele's best bet is manager of Elgin to take them up the leagues!

They are the only underperforming ex-highland league team.

Also im sure he lives out that way too so it would be ok to take the job on a part time basis till the got them to the first division!

Brian Irvine sems to have got in there and doing well now though?

Cant really see a way back in to SFL management for Pele up north unless Stewarty goes. His chance at the county job was probably now. Mind you, if he has his life sorted at Forres and is enjoying it, why move?