Kingsmills

Seven league games, four of them at home and a possible three home play off matches to come.

With our current form, promotion is a real possibility. That possibility could be enhanced with larger and more vocal home support, the away support is fantastic and has never been an issue.

It's clear folk have stayed away for a variety of reasons from issues with the board to our poor home form and results earlier in the season but it's time for those folk to return and play their part.

An extra thousand or so fans loudly backing the team would inspire the players and be the difference between another season in the Championship and a possible end to full time football  and a much brighter prospect in the Premiership.

Whatever your reasons for staying away, come back and let's rediscover TOGETHERNESS.

• Like 4
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Seven league games, four of them at home and a possible three home play off matches to come.

With our current form, promotion is a real possibility. That possibility could be enhanced with larger and more vocal home support, the away support is fantastic and has never been an issue.

It's clear folk have stayed away for a variety of reasons from issues with the board to our poor home form and results earlier in the season but it's time for those folk to return and play their part.

An extra thousand or so fans loudly backing the team would inspire the players and be the difference between another season in the Championship and a possible end to full time football  and a much brighter prospect in the Premiership.

Whatever your reasons for staying away, come back and let's rediscover TOGETHERNESS.

Couldn’t agree more the very fact we are top of the league in away games would back out what you say.

Which in reality is what the manager said weeks ago but was slaughtered for it as folks took it the wrong way.

Replicate Caleyaway fans at home would make so much difference as we really can be the 12th man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satan said:

May be a moot point but a fans forum is usually read by fans who already go to the games...need alternative means of reaching out to those elusive fans.

Maybe more read it who don’t go to games actually

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Satan said:

May be a moot point but a fans forum is usually read by fans who already go to the games...need alternative means of reaching out to those elusive fans.

Each of us trying to enrhuse and persuade at least one person who would not otherwise attend would be a good start.

• Like 1

I am a long time fan and season ticket holder.   I support the team through good times and not so good.  I go with the Travel Club to away games and, if for any reason I can’t go on the bus I pay my fare plus extra for first to score etc so the Travel Club doesn’t miss out for my absence as empty seats still have a cost.   However if a fan can’t go to a game, for any reason, that doesn’t make them any less of a fan.   Each to their own, but, please one day will Invernessians appreciate ICT and support them any way they can, please.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Beating Hearts will certainly haul in a fair amount through the turnstiles.

The cup run is the icing on the cake. Promotion still has to be the priority. Saturday's game against Falkirk is every bit as important as the semi final and every bit as deserving of backing.

No rocket science the price keeps the will I won't i fan from coming an expensive day out specially with kids even vie cinema noticed this and dropped the prices! Be a good gesture if the board could maybe do a 1 adult 2 kids go free deal for the run in might bag a few new punters for the Spl return

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

No rocket science the price keeps the will I won't i fan from coming an expensive day out specially with kids even vie cinema noticed this and dropped the prices! Be a good gesture if the board could maybe do a 1 adult 2 kids go free deal for the run in might bag a few new punters for the Spl return

Get a season ticket and u can get 2 kids season tickets free. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

The prices have reduced (slightly) since our time in the top tier. Maybe they should be lower but plenty of folk were happy to stump up to watch us in the top flight but are less willing to do so now. I guess the fixtures are less attractive but it's hard to shake the likely notion that people aren't going along as much simply because the team hasn't been anywhere near the peaks of 2013 - 2015. Even then our crowds weren't outstanding. Sadly any ticket promos haven't really added much to the gate IIRC.

4 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

We have tried lowering prices to attract more fans in the past and it doesn't work.

The prices we charge at the moment are not enough to remotely come close to breaking even. The stark commercial reality is that we can't afford to charge less.

On 3/27/2019 at 3:59 PM, Satan said:

. . . .  but I wouldn't call myself a fan if I could but didn't attend.

Spot on my evil friend!

"Fan" is short for fanatic and any fanatic worth his or her salt would go to EVERY game and indeed every event involving ICT or ICT players.

I don't, and am happy to admit I'm not a fanatic.

However, I am a supporter and even although I live over a hundred miles from Inverness, I try to get to every home game I can, and possibly the odd Hampden outing!

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Fraz said:

Get a season ticket and u can get 2 kids season tickets free. 

That's for us die hard core tho I buy a season ticket no matter how gash or what league wer in ! I'm talking your will I go cinema or footy with the kids type of fan might sway them worth a bash plenty empty seats eh

21 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

We have tried lowering prices to attract more fans in the past and it doesn't work.

The prices we charge at the moment are not enough to remotely come close to breaking even. The stark commercial reality is that we can't afford to charge less.

True story might be a hit worth taking in the short term tho for the run in newcomers be there for nxt season in the Spl when we win the play offs!

Good for you Alan Simpson. True fan  you are. 

Once the team gets into your blood it's game over and you just can't resist having a look on game day can you?

It's like me with the  Vancouver Canucks ice hockey team. Looks like a sure win on paper and they blow it in extra time. But I just can't resist checking in at 7p.m for the start of the next game and the highly skilled "Newbie" scores in his first team outing in the first period (of 3 X 20 minutes each period) displaying why the Canucks Management has been raving about his performances in a Junior league. They look great  after that until the third period and they get beaten 5-2.  Go figure. Now DISASTER -  they have missed being selected for the PLAYOFFS at the end of that season. The winner takes the Stanley Cup --a thing of beauty.

And also why I am on here every day if I possibly can. Daily FIX-that's what it is …. eh IHE?      Be nice now!:tongue:

I pop in here every day to see what gobbledegook the Canadian moosehead is proferring. :canada: It is also amusing to see how many threads quickly divert from one topic to another. As for the run in I suspect that it would be preferable to have more away games than home ones. 4th place is evidently the "goal". Morton and the Doonhamers are still in the race although the Pars look like the biggest danger but their form as fallen away recently. So at least a point on Tuesday would be a great start. It is also a massive week for Tinkerville and their season could have fallen apart by late Friday night. After that we are AWAY to Hair, Morton and Alloa - HOME to the Arabs and the Pars. That is a pretty hard run in although other teams playing each other will evidently help. It could go down to the wire as they say. Our Hampden journey may well not be of assistance but who gives a feck about that. Cellic and Europe could await us. As far as I am concerned I would again have to state that we are in a better position than I would ever have expected at the beginning of the season.

• Like 1