ICT v Falkirk - audio commentary

Just thought I'd spread the word that - all being well - the club will be providing live audio commentary from tomorrow afternoon's game against Falkirk.

The plan is to put it up on the club's Twitter feed during the match via the Periscope streaming app - which means hopefully that it should easily be found either on Twitter or by checking down the twitter feed displayed on the matchday topic. You should just have to open the tweet and press play.

It won't be much good for people at the game as the broadcast will be about 20 seconds or so behind real time, but hopefully it'll work well for those of you who can't make the game.

We're still getting the hang of this, so constructive feedback would be appreciated.

• Agree 1

Yes they do.

Unless things have changed recently .... All clubs have the right to broadcast audio commentary of their own league games worldwide (not sure about cup but I am assuming it would be similar). The BBC has a non-exclusive right to broadcast league and cup games within the UK. Not sure if anyone has the non-exclusive worldwide audio rights - which is why we struggle to hear anything without VPN - but that would not affect the club rights.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yes they do.

Unless things have changed recently .... All clubs have the right to broadcast audio commentary of their own league games worldwide (not sure about cup but I am assuming it would be similar). The BBC has a non-exclusive right to broadcast league and cup games within the UK. Not sure if anyone has the non-exclusive worldwide audio rights - which is why we struggle to hear anything without VPN - but that would not affect the club rights.  

Thanks for the clarification Scotty.

38 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Does that work even if dont have a twitter account

I think (hope) it should work just by clicking on the link in the tweet. You should be able to access the tweet without a Twitter account, but perhaps one of the mods can keep an eye out and post the link on the matchday thread if I'm wrong about that?