Scotty

Ex assistant manager for Ross County Billy Dodds says this after the ref books Chalmers "The ref shouldn't be booking every foul" ... Says it all really.

Edited by cif73

Not blaming the players or the manager too much. Almost impossible when you are playing the highest paid team in the league blatantly assisted by quite the worst referee we have seen this season.

No point on dwelling on it. We need to start concentrating on building some momentum, starting on Saturday, for the run in to the season, hopefully, including the play offs.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

The refereeing - which is not affecting the score - is now bordering on the ridiculous.

I disagree, Trafford was sent off for a second yellow which was not worthy of a booking and Draper escaped a deserved second yellow on two occasions before being hooked.

The second half played with County having ten men and us having a full compliment could have been very different. 

Disappointing.  Not often I join the ref was a w***** brigade, but where do I join up?    Apart from that, our defending at set pieces was poor.  White is not a penalty taker, but apart from that, he had a good game.  Doran not his dominant self tonight.  We had a good spell for about 20 mins in first half, but were always up against it after that. 

We really could do with getting even a point at Ayr to keep the chasers  at a safe distance.  See some of you at Hampden! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I disagree, Trafford was sent off for a second yellow which was not worthy of a booking and Draper escaped a deserved second yellow on two occasions before being hooked.

The second half played with County having ten men and us having a full compliment could have been very different. 

I was referring to the second half. We didn't really threaten but the bias of the decisions was dreadful 

Well that was disappointing. I feel we deserved a point from that game, however there was a few things to point out.

1. Whites pen was poor - you could see where he was going to place it as he started his run up and fox clearly knew it too. The build up play however was tremendous. More play like that and we will score 3/4 a game.

2. Trafford's 2 yellows were worthy of 2 yellows but how the ref missed drapers foul on polworth 5 seconds before when he was looking straight at it is beyond me.Trafford can feel a tad unfortunate. 

3. Why did Robbo take Walsh off? He was creating space and chances in the second half and if we were to get a leveller I am sure he would have been involved - Austin was as poor as poor can be, I was not impressed. 

4. Why is Robbo refusing to give the youngsters a go? The will be hungry to show what they can do and will undoubtably give 110%

Really disappointing. I thought we started poor, got worse, got a lifeline, blew it, got level, fecked up and got a shit ref. Nick Walsh, you are the worst referee ever.

Disgusted,

North Kessock

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

ref killed what was shaping up to be a great game he looked hell bent on booking any player in blue and red for any reason. Draper had as much reason to be off if not more so than Trafford, subbed at HT as the county bench knew that too! Have to give the lads credit though i thought we had a good go of it the second half and up until the 75th might have been able to snatch a draw but the tiredness and conditions just caught up with us. Massive game on Saturday, now can't be a time for a rut to start 

Edited by Belfast Brigade

I don't believe I've ever witnessed such an inept refereeing performance at any level ever before! It really was a farce. The only tiny mitigating factor might be the fact that the standside linesman was absolutely no help to the ref whatsoever ?

What had been an entertaining game up to the break fell completely flat after it because of the red card 'decision', which should never have been because of the foul that was ignored by the ref just seconds before.

Quite unbelievable !

Apart from witnessing the worst referee I can have seen for a long time, We had some players who just did not perform on the night.

We started as though on a training exercise, sluggish, slow to close the cunty b'stards down, giving the ball away far too easy.  Typical of out home form, Robbo needs to sort this out.

Brad was useless,   Polworth was ineffective and spent more time staring out his own players instead of trying to create chances.    Chalmers.... Well fecking useless is being kind.     Big Jordan has reverted to Jordan Shyte again, absolutely rubbish penalty.

Not many players getting rated as average tonight I'm afraid.

Play like that at Hampden and we will get totally gubbed. 

• Agree 2

One word for that.... Shambolic, and I don't mean the players I mean the ref. I'm not one to ever just point fingers at every ref but that was the most incompetent biased and downright laughable officiating I have ever witnessed. Anyway it is what it is nothing we can do about it now, but now with Trafford out and just about every one of the other 10 given a yellow card it's gonna be a difficult run in with our slim squad 

Edit: we were also not in the mood either, and simply allowed county to get a foothold on the game that we couldn't recover from. We've got to be the laziest, disinterested squad in the Cship at times 

Edited by CableGuy
  • Agree 1

Totally agree with this. Referee spoilt what had been an entertaining game with an astonishingly poor performance. Don't believe either of Trafford's fouls merited a yellow but if the referee is going to do that, he has to be consistent and he wasn't. On top of that he got so many decisions wrong which is simply astonishing for one of our, supposedly better, referees.

County set out to bully us in midfield and succeeded but largely because of the referee. How we missed Sean Welsh. I thought Austin did okay when he came on (Walsh did seem to be stretching quite a lot so may have been injured) as we needed some pace up front. Goals we lost were poor, especially the first one where we didn't track the county player. Was too far away to see what we were complaining about for the second goal.

Second half was always going to be a struggle but again made more difficult by the referee. County's finishing was woeful and if they want to stay up next season, uncle Roy will need to spend big as I thought they were very poor at times for all the money they have spent.

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic