Scotty

Why do we get officials who have never refereed a game before? Or that's what it looked like with the performance from these clowns. Gave county every 5050 and should have given the county keeper a second yellow for time wasting, and draper for pushing mcCart. He was handing so many cards to us that I thought it might be Christmas! And please, if you read any of this Robbo, stop calling it the friendly derby! It's anything but. If we are going to pick up bookings for next to nothing, make them count.

Must agree with all the comments about the shocking refereeing decisions. It was so one sided that it became laughable.  How he ignored numerous fouls against us but managed to blow anytime we got near an opponent beats me and every home supporter. He ruined the game which was pretty even despite the officials. Unfortunately we gifted County both goals due to poor defending and never really looked like scoring despite plenty possession. Our midfield struggled to create much going forward and if Polworth spent more time using the ball instead of losing it and blaming everyone but himself then we might have managed to look more like scoring.

The 2nd half was always going to be difficult with 10 against 12, but I'm really proud of the way the players responded.   The unfairness of the decisions must have made it desperately frustrating for them and having picked up yellow cards they had to be very careful not to give that disgrace of a referee the opportunity to have us down to 9 men.  Yes, there were times when the frustration of nothing going our way made heads drop a bit, but in general we kept pressing and looking for the equaliser and were definitely the better side.

I don't suppose County fans will be caring how they win but they demonstrated precious little for their fans to take any pride in.  They set out to stop us playing and to kick us off the park.  No doubt Draper will get their MOTM for his 1st half hatchet job.  In the 2nd half with the lead and a numerical advantage they never tried to play proper football.  They simply kept to their nasty, disrupting, fouling game and added in a considerable amount of time wasting.   It wasn't pretty but it was perhaps a reflection of the fact that they know we are a better footballing side than them.  Ably assisted by the referee, they were able to hold out - but not without a scare or two.

As for Tom Walsh being subbed, I imagine that he is not yet considered fit enough for a full game following his injury.  I thought he played very well.  

• Agree 3

It's a disgrace when Trafford made his second tackle which tv highlights showed he got to the ball first and all the county players surround the midget ref demanding he be carded and he submitted to their demands. You know it's bad when Billy Dodds and Roy McGregor both say it wasn't a yellow/red. 

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

Really disappointing. I thought we started poor, got worse, got a lifeline, blew it, got level, fecked up and got a **** ref. Nick Walsh, you are the worst referee ever.

Disgusted,

North Kessock

Short, to the point and absolutely how I felt too. 

Really hard to watch that guff. We were awful and can't totally blame the result on Nick Walsh's borderline ridiculous decisions which ruined what could have been end to end entertaining football.

Second worst penalty after Vigurs from White and no idea why Walsh and Tremarco were taken off, I think even Carl questioned it.

County certainly had 12 on the pitch tonight and we were lucky it ended 2-1.

Naff.

• Agree 1

Well Mannie, I guess there will be no requirement to view the video of the match after all.

Sounds a bit of a shambles all round, though, including the  performance of  the Ref. How could a person that can only be described as a total Niaff by our fans on this thread be allowed to officiate in this League.

Never made the game working nightshift sounds like a gash game raging we missed a penalty hopefully White and Trafford aren't going back to the "form" they showed start of the season! Still not a disaster beat Ayr and we should get the play offs from there it's a lottery which I reckon we'll win

Great fight from the boys considering they were playing 13. One of those nights where everything was against us but we kept battling until Robbo made 2 ridiculous substitutions. Austin was ineffective as per usual - why take off arguably our most influential player on the park for our most ineffective when chasing a lead? Why take off our captain and one of the most experienced players? Sorry Robbo but you got those horribly wrong! You can't blame the players for your poor judgement and decision making! Football association have got ot be embarrassed by the ref's display and on tv too! I wouldn't let him ref an under 2's game!

We now have a lot of important games coming up. The team have continually showed resilience and skill under pressure. They would be better now to focus on these games coming as still a lot to play for. Time to focus and get some more good results. This can still be a very successful season and let's get right behind the team and help make it happen. 

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, cif73 said:

Draper is a complete thug ... wondering if he's trying to put players out of the cup semi the way he is throwing his considerable weight about ?

My thoughts exactly .Along with Draper they should All hang their heads in shame if that's how they've reached the top Our boys can hold their heads up for their effort against 12 men .That ref was the worst I've  witnessed in years .He should be stripped of his title . What a shocker . I hope the SFA look at this and act on it .

Anyway onwards and upwards we have a Semi Final to look forward to after knocking the them out ??

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, MuirtownJaggy said:

That was pish !!!!

I think you mean the Ref was P###  absolutely ruined what could have been a good Derby

He must be raced out of town if he sets foot in it again !!

• Agree 1

I only saw the last 10mins of the first half, but I though for 30mins of the 2nd half, we didn't look like we were playing with 10men, as we moved the ball pretty well, but couldn't really fashion a decent chance, eventually ran out of puff. I've seen worse penalties than White's, but really Robbo ought to show the players video's of Palace's Lukas Milivojevic taking penalties, think he's missed just two out of 20odd in two years and scored his last 9! (Mind you didn't they practise from 15yards for the Cup tie?). Trafford out for 1 game I guess, not helpful with Welsh out. Thought Chalmers looked good, and the defence largely kept County pretty quiet, bar a couple of scrabbles and long range shots

2 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

All the mentions of terrible officiating makes it sound like sour grapes...………………..It certainly was not, that Ref was the worst of the season if not in history !!!!  Completely ruined the match.

Even after a night sleep I completely agree thought I might have mellowed by the morning!

• Agree 1

That's two games now where we haven't looked as motivated as our opponents, not sure if it's an attitude thing or we are just beginning to see the issue with running a tight squad with replacements who are not up to thestandard of the guys they're replacing. Even guys like tremarco mckay & chalmers are looking a bit jaded now.

I think our first 11 is one if the best  in the league, but we were beaten by a county team missing some of their top players too. That's our weakness - squad depth is hurting us now. 

When I saw that County line up I was delighted. Absolutely rank. Then I watched in horror for the first 10 or so minutes of the game as we made that rabble look like world beaters. No arguments over the Trafford sending off, he probably should have been sent off for his first challenge to be fair but I felt that Draper was lucky to still be on the pitch before he was subbed at the break. Never a penalty in a million years so I guess justice was done with White missing it. Just such a let down given that County had so many players out and we had close to our full strength team save for Welsh. A real lost opportunity.

Probably two bookings is the right choice, albeit frustrating, but we had four players booked in a six minute spell while County got away with everything. Did Draper foul Polly, that's the big question. Penalty looked clear enough to me or am I as useless as Nick Walsh.

To be fair, we were not at our best and only have ourselves to blame for ending up chasing the game. One or two shirking tackles as well. If they all had the heart of Tommy Tremarco. We lacked commitment at the start and paid the price for sloppy play.

As you said, really disappointing given they had four or five squad players missing. None of them seemed to be as big a miss as our experienced unsung hero Sean Welsh. Agree entirely that it was an opportunity missed to cement our place in the top four. The only good thing is that any team can beat the others given the tightness of the leagues middle players.

I certainly thought that Draper fouled Polworth a few seconds before Trafford got his second yellow. No wonder County subbed him at the break.

I did enjoy that Tremarco challenge on Spence I think it was. Glorious!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic