Scotty

He was quite combative when he was with us, and not being the quickest he could end up on the late side of the tackle.

I remember in the premier league he was feeling victimised by the amount of fouls/bookings he was picking up...claiming that he was the player fouled more often than not.

I think due to previous dominance in the other derbies the kettleferg has decided that Draper will be used in the most destructive way when county don't have the ball. Polworth will be glad to see the back of him.

Ref really awful but if our players had started better and looked like they could be arsed it may well of been a different game. One thing i did notice is County exploiting our weak side The Right Brad's side knowing full well how poor he is . Still work to be done on Penalties not sure they practice them very often.

I haven't read the thread yet so apologies if I repeat some things that have been said already but I'm still raging with the result.

It's not like me and I can normally shrug it off but it might be down to the complete ineptitude of the referee, yes we played into his hands with some naive tackling at times but every foul especially towards the end resulted in a yellow card. Following his rule of thumb, Draper should have been off as well.

Unfortunately Misscaleyjag, at the tender age of 4, took it upon herself to tell me to stop shouting at the tv and put her hand over my mouth when Trafford was sent off so I might have some apologising to do when I get home from work today for giving her into trouble.

Something I can't get over with Draper is:

1. When he is dishing it out, he is a complete hammer thrower. Not only that but, on the rare occasion when the ref does spot it, he is vehement in his own defence, running away muttering to himself about how wronged he has been ... while his maimed opponent struggles back to his feet checking that both legs are still on and as they should be.

versus

2. When he is on the "receiving end", it is truly laughable how much of a limp fairy he is, falling over at a slightest touch from an opponent ... Just missing the tutu

At one point last night, when he fell over like a sack of spuds from the slightest of coming togethers with Jordan White, Jordan's smiling, incredulous, disbelieving face was an absolute picture. As if you say ... "Are you seriously buying that ref... I mean seriously? If it wasn't so utterly pathetic for a big man to keel over like that, I'd be asking your thoughts on the tariff of that dive"   

8 hours ago, izzy said:

I think you mean the Ref was P###  absolutely ruined what could have been a good Derby

He must be raced out of town if he sets foot in it again !!

The Ref was shocking, but so was our slow start allowing County to dominate and create their first goal, some slack passes and poor tackles resulting in a sending off and missing a penalty..... we’re all equally pish !!!?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Weekend Hacker said:

I've been asking myself that Satan.  I never classed Dross Raper as dirty when he was with us but that might be rose tinteds.  But in all of the derby games he has been without question, dirty.

It may be a reflection of the ethos of the 2 clubs. I may be biased of course, but I think successive managers have wanted to put honest teams out on the pitch.  Of course, there has always been an element of the street wise but there has never been a nasty element.  The same, unfortunately can't be said of County this season.  There is a nasty streak there and the way Draper played last night made it look as though he had been tasked to intimidate our midfield by fair means or foul.  Ably assisted by an abysmal referee, his job was well and truly done by half time with one of our players sent off and others having taken knocks.  Trafford's bookings may have been fair enough but I'm sure he only went in to the tackle as he did because he was incensed that the referee had not blown for the foul on Polworth.  We are a young side and a lot of these bookings are the result of a bit of inexperience. Draper showed his experience and Trafford showed his inexperience.

These games require cool heads and discipline and I don't think it helps when these young lads see fans on social media saying they aren't trying hard enough.  They were trying alright!  I heard a lot of angry shouting last night imploring players to get stuck in and challenge, take players on or shouting that they should have made an effort to cut out the pass, but more often than not, the player would have simply left space for the opposition to play the ball into if they had followed the fans' advice.  Just because you are not running around like headless chickens does not mean you are not trying.  The problem is they sometimes try too hard and end up getting out of position or losing possession by taking an unnecessarily risky option.  There is a need to maintain discipline both in how the players react to the opposition winding them up and how they go about the game plan.

Trafford will learn from last night but I thought it was a really gutsy 2nd half performance from the lads.  For me, it underlined that regardless of what position we and County end up in the league, we will have more reason to feel proud of our team that the County fans will of theirs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MuirtownJaggy said:

The Ref was shocking, but so was our slow start allowing County to dominate and create their first goal, some slack passes and poor tackles resulting in a sending off and missing a penalty..... we’re all equally pish !!!?

I may have lost track but we have squandered at least eight points this season by poor penalty taking. Shocking negligence on our part.

• Agree 2

Bit odd this one, although we had few shots on goal, I felt we were the much better side. Just failed at the finishing but we did play some good football.

In think 2nd half county were well within themselves, if we had scored then I reckon they could've upped their game again, whereas we were flat out looking to get back into it.

They were already thinking about Friday.

Game management.

Difficult to say if the penalty cost us points as we scored so soon afterwards. Would we have done so had we scored the penalty, impossible to say so I don't think we can honestly say we lost the game because of the missed penalty. We did start slowly and Chalmers lost the ball far too easily for County's first goal. Impossible for me to see what happened at the second goal but we didn't look to clever at the defending but may have missed something as Ridgers did seem aggrieved.

I think it is also fair to say we didn't play as well as we could but, in the second half that was understandable. Some players were not at their best and Polworth had one of those nights where you want to just get hold of him and give him a good shaking. In saying that, in the last three derbies, there has been a concerted attempt by county to target him and he has received little protection from the referee. 

Still not convinced about Trafford's two bookings were justified and it seemed the referee wanted to punish tackles by bookings while ignoring other obvious fouls (pushing/obstruction etc) for both sides, that were equally deserving of a booking. Couldn't see what happened between McCart and Draper in our penalty area but certainly heard McCart express his frustration (polite version) with Draper. As McCart was knocked to the ground, why was he not sent off?. Also, Fox was time wasting and was warned by the referee on several occasions about it. On one occasion, he was warned, then proceeded to pick the ball up and waste more time without any sanction. Did the referee bottle it because he knew he would have to send him off, you make your own mind up.

Some posters have been a bit harsh on Trafford. On Saturday he was ridiculously booked for a mistimed tackle yet was badly caught by Paul Paton in a tackle where we were not even awarded a foul. That tackle was every bit as bad as Draper's last night yet went unpunished. The inconsistency of the referees is astonishing as is their ability to actually determine what is a foul.

I have left it until now to comment on last nights game thinking after reflection I would feel less angry.

However Im not that refereeing performance last night was bordering on corrupt.

The worst decision was actually the one when he chose not to swcond book Draper for his foul on Polworth, then immeadiately booked Charlie for his second time. If he had done his job properly then Charlie wouldnt have made the tackle as we would have had a free kick as play would have been stopped to see Draper red carded.

It was a disgraceful performance by an inept refereee and his blind linesmen.

Too many decisions to go into but I have never heard so many fans disgusted by a refereeing performance as I heard last night,and  also on this forum.

I think we would have won the game had we kept 11 players on the pitch.

If I want to be harsh then it was two easy goals we lost and big Jordans penalty was not the best at all.However in saying that he and his team mates played the better football for long periods of the game only to be unlucky to be on the same field as a disgrace of a referee called Nick Walsh.

I honestly believe the referee cost us the game last night. I will certainly remember the name  Nick Walsh as the guy who had the worst refereeing performance that Ive witnessed in the flesh for a long time.

• Agree 1

Trafford first booking was so stupid, why slide into a challenge there. He needs to learn the game. There was nothing to gain, he may win the ball but it wasn't stopping a dangerous attack or going to give us possession. Then he runs the tightrope for the rest of the game. The second yellow was a yellow as it denied county a dangerous counter attack.  I feel aggrieved about that one because draper committed a foul which led to the break. Even the free kick we had before, McManus was never 10 yards from the ball. 

It was a shocking start, we were jogging around, you would never have known it was a derby game. Thought county finally figured out how to play us, they dropped deep without the ball, let our defenders have the ball then broke at speed when we had committed players forward. 

Draper schooled us in the middle. I would give him Mom for his first half performance alone. Really disappointing as this has been the first derby where we seemed to not be up for it. I would argue it's normally been the county fans saying that previously but not this time. Sad times. 

2 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

Trafford first booking was so stupid, why slide into a challenge there. He needs to learn the game. There was nothing to gain, he may win the ball but it wasn't stopping a dangerous attack or going to give us possession. Then he runs the tightrope for the rest of the game. The second yellow was a yellow as it denied county a dangerous counter attack.

Robbo has been quoted as saying they've been telling Trafford to stop flying in to challenges and stay on his feet. He really is his own worst enemy at times. The second challenge was ludicrous - fair enough if the County lad was bursting towards the box but on the half way line? Mental decision from Trafford.

1 hour ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Ross County are now virtually champions. We need to learn and move on or the shadow will increase in their favour. Draper is likely to struggle in the SPFL next year.

*pedant alert*

He already plays in the SPFL.

My take for what it is worth is that we started poorly and allowed County an early lead ( thought Ridgers could have done better). They are running away with the league but we have gone toe to toe with them all season........great games. They are a decent side. We never gave up and I thought it was an entertaining game of football. The penalty miss was poor.......really poor, but the sending off was the rght decision. It was uphill from then for sure. Who would be a referee? His performance did appear strangely one sided but I am loathe to criticise these put-upon individuals. As I said........would you do it?

On Drapes.............would we take him back? To my eyes he is doing what he always has and he is an asset at this level.

47 minutes ago, Naelifts said:

.....On Drapes.............would we take him back? To my eyes he is doing what he always has and he is an asset at this level....

Unless he has a very good midfield around him at premier level, he'll struggle, again.

Take him back?? Not on those wages!!

We can't afford mercenaries. 

?

Edited by Satan

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic