The biggest game of the season so far.

CaleyTennis

49 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

So wouldn't that make him ineligible for this game then?

Due to the stage we entered at, you need 3 cautions to be suspended. As far as I can see, that’s his only booking in the competition to date. According to the SFA website, the only outstanding suspension for the Cup is Coll Donaldson, which will be served on Saturday. All other cautions for our players have now been wiped, so they start with a clean slate on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Due to the stage we entered at, you need 3 cautions to be suspended. As far as I can see, that’s his only booking in the competition to date. According to the SFA website, the only outstanding suspension for the Cup is Coll Donaldson, which will be served on Saturday. All other cautions for our players have now been wiped, so they start with a clean slate on Saturday. 

Does the SFA website indicate whether our special dispensation to have an outfield player make one save in the course of a Scottish Cup semi final  is still in force ?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

On 4/10/2019 at 8:31 AM, ictchris said:

As much as I'd love to beat Hearts, I don't think we will.  We have a pretty decent first XI but take a couple of players out of it and we are pretty thin.  Hearts are an uninspiring team but they are solid, they will be properly organised and I think they'll probably be able to hurt us with Izpeazu especially.  Also, going forward I'm not sure we have enough to hurt Hearts.

Basically, if Hearts play as they usually do I'd expect them to win.  For us to win we'll need season-best performance from quite a few of our players, we'll need guys coming into the back four to have outstanding games, we'll need our attackers to play better than they have against anyone this season.  It's a tall order.

^^^^^^^^

wasn’t at Tannadice ?

5 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

United were dreadful on that day, nearly all of their shots and passes went well off target. He has a point, we need to improve significantly if we even want to stand a chance...

^^^^^^

Never met Chris or me ?

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Does the SFA website indicate whether our special dispensation to have an outfield player make one save in the course of a Scottish Cup semi final  is still in force ?

Only applies against Celtic, I’m afraid. 

Anyway, we won’t need it ?

• Like 2

One day, 16hours and 55 minutes if you must know. You better start reading the preview now, there's a lot in it and it's still no complete..............

• Like 1

That was off-topic. And your Avatar, also named Erse seems to be attached to you all the time . Not sporadically like mine ---only when I allow him to emote.

Pity, because otherwise with your  high quality brain power you could be a great read.  Oops! He seems to be about to traf  backwards. Is this allowed on this site. Let's ask IHE:whistle:

2 minutes ago, cif73 said:

Anyone know how many tickets we've sold for the semi?

According to an unconfirmed source, just over 2.5k. Pretty sure there was a statement saying that Hampden won't even be half full and that Hearts have only sold around 15k of their allocation.

And to be fair, it shows the results of the SFA's stupidity of arranging Kick Off times just to drag in a few pretty pennies from the telly...

I've heard we've sold around 3,000 tickets.  It's disappointing it's not more, but it would appear to be a good few more than come to watch home games in the league.  Hopefully a good performance will persuade a few folk to come along and support the lads in the bread and butter games as well.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

According to an unconfirmed source, just over 2.5k. Pretty sure there was a statement saying that Hampden won't even be half full and that Hearts have only sold around 15k of their allocation.

And to be fair, it shows the results of the SFA's stupidity of arranging Kick Off times just to drag in a few pretty pennies from the telly...

I doubt that the kick off time has stopped many who are committed and determined to go.

Time to stop carping about things we can't change and enjoy the experience of being in our sixth major semi final.

Remember both Thistle and Caley competed in the Scottish Cup for over a hundred years with neither progressing beyond the last sixteen in all that time.

We may not be where we were four years ago but these are still heady occasions and we should relish them.

We've always punched well above our weight in this tournament, and perhaps the most remarkable thing is that 3 of our 4 SC semis came when we were in the second flight - 3 semis from only 8 seasons in this league, compared to 1 from 11 in the premier!