The Promotion Race

Kingsmills

I hope there's enough frustration and anger boiling up inside the lads to help them throw in a good performance and get the three points against Morton. Securing top four at the first possible opportunity is paramount and I'm sure that'll be the message from Robbo. 

We want the last three games of the season to be used to blood the youngsters and get them some game time and to allow other players a rest.

We also need to keep pressure on Ayr as the last thing we want is for them to gain some momentum before going into a play-off tie, we've already got the measure of them and need to keep it that way. 

1 hour ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I hope there's enough frustration and anger boiling up inside the lads to help them throw in a good performance and get the three points against Morton. Securing top four at the first possible opportunity is paramount and I'm sure that'll be the message from Robbo. 

We want the last three games of the season to be used to blood the youngsters and get them some game time and to allow other players a rest.

We also need to keep pressure on Ayr as the last thing we want is for them to gain some momentum before going into a play-off tie, we've already got the measure of them and need to keep it that way. 

Agree and Ayr and Dundee Utd will fear us in the playoffs as we have regularly over the season been the better of them. It would be great to finish third not only to get the extra finances but the home tie in second leg of the play off quarter final.

On 4/15/2019 at 1:23 PM, KirkieRobRoy said:

That's the first part of the job done in securing a play off place notwithstanding yesterday's result.

We need to negotiate the final two games of the regular season without injury or suspension.

These play off matches, potentially six of them, will be the the most important games in our twenty five year history and that includes our two major finals and two European games.

The only way we will prevail is if the team, management and fans are all fully focused and fully committed.

I understand that the matches will be televised live. Despite that, as many of us as possible need to make the effort to get to as many of the games as we can and to offer full and vocal support from first whistle to last.

We really need to avoid another financially disastrous season out of the top flight.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Two games to go of the regular season and still every single team in the league could be either promoted or relegated.

That must be entirely without precedent.

You would never get that in the SPL. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

You would never get that in the SPL. 

Were it not for the dire financial implications, I wouldn't mind being in the Championship.

Decent football, competitive games where everyone can beat every one else on their day, neither of the ugly sisters and some good away days.

Just a pity that we are a long way from breaking even there.

• Agree 4

I think some clubs did used to include them but seem to remember some issue with Hibs when they were in the play offs and the rules were changed, I think, by the SPFL. These aren't league games by the way but play off games additional to league games so I have no problem paying for these games. I would hope all right minded supporters would see it this way but somehow doubt it and we will get fans moaning about having to pay. I will be really disappointed if that does happen.

Will be interesting to see what attendance(s) we get for the games and the club really needs to get out there and sell these games. I understand these will be televised, does anyone know who by so I can watch the away legs as will only be able to attend the home legs initially.

Thanks Huisdean, I just thought they would be included in the season ticket as they are not cup games (should have read the small print) might be I was thinking back to the days when we used to get early cup games with the season ticket.  There is no point in moaning I will just have to dig deep in my pockets and find some cash :wink: I will be attending the home games.

• Like 1

Its a funny old league this...

If we win next week we will have one point less than last year, but finish clear in 4th (or 3rd if Ayr screw up ).

If county win they will finish on 74, the same as St Mirren last year.

The main difference is at the bottom.

Brechin in 10th amassed 4 points and 9th placed Dumbarton only 30 points which was ok for part timers I suppose.

Without Brechin more of the middle teams have less points making it tighter this year...I think Brechin helped our goals & points tally considerably too.

Edited by Satan
Stupidity

7 hours ago, caleyboy said:

I hope the club see the play-offs as an opportunity to fill at least 2 stands. 

and I hope the fans, especially some of the 14,000 who went to the cup final and haven't seen much or anything of the club since, take the opportunity to fill them.

Surely we can muster at least 4,000 fans for home play off legs and, should we manage to reach the play off final, closer to 6,000.

Time for the fans to rally to the cause whatever issues we have with the running of the club.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

and I hope the fans, especially some of the 14,000 who went to the cup final and haven't seen much or anything of the club since, take the opportunity to fill them.

Surely we can muster at least 4,000 fans for home play off legs and, should we manage to reach the play off final, closer to 6,000.

Time for the fans to rally to the cause whatever issues we have with the running of the club.

Time for the club to pull a finger out and start advertising the games in the P&J again...

Edited by Jack Waddington
Spelling error
  • Agree 1