Hearts -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

8 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

if Chalmers free kick goes in and McCart's 'goal' is allowed, it could've been a whole different story?

(Pedant alert!)

I'll grant you either of those, but you can't have both! If the first had happened then nothing that happened in the rest of the game would have happened.:teacher:

• Like 1

Disappointed rather than upset with our performance yesterday. Hearts looked like they wanted to win yesterday and we didn't. The lack of change in the game plan for the second half was what did us in my opinion as we never really had a good go at hearts. Might have been a different story of the free kick had of went in but we can't complain about the result hearts fully deserved the win. Still had a cracking day out though and I'd have ripped your arm off at the start of the season for another trip to hampden. So I'm pleased we got as far as we did. All eyes on securing the play off spot now and getting back to where we belong 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Tuesday is the big one now we can secure a playoff spot and if we do that what a season we will have had. Semi final in Scottish cup and the possibility of promotion back to the premiership. Robbo has done an amazing job with the group of players and resources available to him This year. All round a good season.

• Agree 9

Ref Carl, I think a victim of it seizing up at half time but let’s hope nothing serious.  Disappointed? Yes, but another day at Hampden for ICT and my boy was one of the kids on the pitch with our team flag so great memories.  For me Hearts weren’t that great but we were off the pace.  But with Dunfermline losing we are in the pound seats for play offs.  Watched some back this morning, Liam Macleod and Dodds should be chemically castrated for the faeces they talk about ICT.  And Jamie’s goal surely should have been allowed as it was Mulraney who played it in?  Ach well, see you Saturday for normal service....  ICTTID

Gave Hearts far to much respect yesterday first half was terrible never ventured over the half way line. Only picked up when they scored and started to try and play the football we know we can. Maybe if we had showed some intent from the start it would have be different outcome .This was a Hearts team low in confidence and a manager who allegedly was one game from the sack. Missed opportunity to at least give them a game.

34 minutes ago, Weekend Hacker said:

Liam Macleod and Dodds should be chemically castrated for the faeces they talk about ICT

Macleod is the worst commentator on the planet. His “style” of shouting (or more accurately screeching) at the wrong time is chronic. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Weekend Hacker said:

And Jamie’s goal surely should have been allowed as it was Mulraney who played it in

Thought that at the time. That linesman got loads wrong throughout the game though. Nice to see them upping their game for the big occasions. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Weekend Hacker said:

And Jamie’s goal surely should have been allowed as it was Mulraney who played it in?  

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it, on TV.  Was too angry at it being disallowed to take in any replay at the time - was there one? - and haven't gone looking for it since.

However, I don't remember many complaints from ICT about the decision, though the red mist might have obscured them.

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
  • Agree 1

Didn't notice the Mulraney touch at the game, but it was certainly suggested on the radio afterwards.

DIsappointing. Fourth cup semi at Hampden we've been at and we've only won the one when we've been a top-tier team. Even first half, didn't respond to Hearts being up a gear after the break but even so it needed the second goal to kill it off. Players like DOran and White just not quite at their best yesterday. Main lack is someone to stash it away. I bet George Oakley wished he was playing at Hampden rather than preparing for Accies' next defeat in front of 2000 people at New Douglas...

In short, better team won but they weren't that good. Good show from the ICT support, and the game was proof that the ony real problem with Hampden is the West and East ends. Even with just the north and south part-filled the stadium channels the noise. Atmosphere I thought was good.

Oh, one passing thought - did Nathan Austin get a touch of the ball after he came on?

Edited by KirkieRobRoy
Rubbish keyboarding

No complaints with the result, we just never seemed to get going. Whilst not having Donaldson and Welsh obviously hampered us I don't think it would have made much of a difference. We created almost nothing of note bar the Chalmers free kick which was close as we got really. Losing goals from set pieces is always disappointing. Hearts must have taken about 23 corners short in the first half so I was annoyed that we still were caught out when they did it again in the second half leading to the opener. Trafford flicking the ball on for an assist for the second goal was poor as well. Looked to be at least one of our players in a better position behind him to clear it. And fuck knows what Ridgers was doing when he clattered Ikpeazu though it was probably our best challenge of the day on him.

Well done the lads for getting to the semi- final.

Big occasion nerves at times and slightly overawed throughout the game but what the hell we had an impressive start but could not capitalise, then we let Hearts come on to us and we never really regained sustained attack after that. Flashes of greatness with the free kick so well saved and the fabulously executed McCart goal that should have been allowed. The game really needed a goal from us for us to start believing but as what has happened to us many times this season an important decision went against us. 

Now it is onwards and upwards for the rest of the season, the team will have learned from the semi-final experience and will stand them in good stead for the rest of the run in. Fingers crossed and good luck is all I can say.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

Well done the lads for getting to the semi- final.

Big occasion nerves at times and slightly overawed throughout the game but what the hell we had an impressive start but could not capitalise, then we let Hearts come on to us and we never really regained sustained attack after that. Flashes of greatness with the free kick so well saved and the fabulously executed McCart goal that should have been allowed. The game really needed a goal from us for us to start believing but as what has happened to us many times this season an important decision went against us. 

Now it is onwards and upwards for the rest of the season, the team will have learned from the semi-final experience and will stand them in good stead for the rest of the run in. Fingers crossed and good luck is all I can say.

To be fair to the players, I saw little sign of nerves. Just lost to a team that were more physical, more clinical and who made fewer mistakes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GoliathGrunt said:

We still have the opportunity to get to the final - the play off final- the day after the Scottish cup final - which one would you rather be in?

Both. But Play-off final is more important in my opinion  considering our position right now don't think the club can afford another couple of seasons in the Championship. 

Thought we were not too bad in the first half felt that was our chance to get into them & score a goal or two. 

Whatever Levien said at HT obviously worked as Hearts were much better & actually started to pass the ball instead of trying to play long ball all the time. Shooting on sight pushing more men up forward etc adding more pressure on us. 

Felt we played too deep especially in the first half the opening ten minutes was probably our best period of the whole game. Then we just sat back & tried to counter attack it didn't seem to have any effect & if anything it made Hearts come into the game much more. 

Was a brilliant through ball by Tom Walsh in the 2nd half which led to our free kick & best chance of the entire game it was a brilliant strike by Chalmers he was really unlucky to not score . 

We had momentum after that but after Tom Walsh got a wee knock & we made the subistuition getting Tremarco off for Mchattie we lost all the momentum we had. Hearts seemed to take control again & the rest is history.... 

Proud of my team for getting this far considering now we are a mid table Championship side it's a brilliant achievement for us.

Part of me is kind of glad we got knocked out cause Celtic winning 3-0 today meant it would of been us facing them in the final with virtually no chance of winning.  We would of been more then likely witnessing the day that Celtic  won the Treble Treble Jesus Christ that would of been depressing... Fingers crossed Hearts will win in the final wishing them all the best.

Time to focus on securing the Play offs & try to get back into the Premiership where we rightfully belong!  

Edited by Super Caley Man 94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

Both. But Play-off final is more important in my opinion  considering our position right now don't think the club can afford another couple of seasons in the Championship. 

I am not entirely convinced that we can afford another one.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kingsmills said:

I am not entirely convinced that we can afford another one.

If someone of those who attended yesterday were able to do so on a regular basis that would go some way to helping out financially. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

If someone of those who attended yesterday were able to do so on a regular basis that would go some way to helping out financially. 

If a third of those who made the journey to Glasgow four years ago made, for most, the much shorter journey to the Longman there would be no financial concerns at all.

Never mind, it could be worse, we could be Aberdeen fans !

• Agree 1

I have no grumbles about the performance

Just wish after the injury when we passed to their goalkeeper, which set up their  first goal, We had just booted the ball out of play. The guy next to me, actually said

at the time, it should have been played for a throw in.

Small things change games

Just watched highlights tonight, and im afraid the defending, or lack of for the first two goals was the type of switching off we have been guilty of all season...ballwatching & not tracking runners is pretty amateurish. 

Not a game Rooney will look back on fondly.

1 hour ago, Laurence said:

I have no grumbles about the performance

Just wish after the injury when we passed to their goalkeeper, which set up their  first goal, We had just booted the ball out of play. The guy next to me, actually said

at the time, it should have been played for a throw in.

Small things change games

Billy Dodds commentating live said the hearts striker over played the ball and it went out.  So inverness shouldn't have given it back and that the Inverness players were too honest. 

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic