What we need in transfer market to improve.

CaleyTennis

After an appalling start where he made the ball look like a slippery bar of slope, Ridgers has developed into the best and most reliable goalkeeper we've had since Jimmy Calder.

He has the ability to play at a higher level than the Championship and would be a great loss.

• Agree 1

I should clarify I am not saying he is leaving more that if we are giving credence to players leaving based on homes going up for sale then we're going to have a lot of rumours going on!

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

After an appalling start where he made the ball look like a slippery bar of slope, Ridgers has developed into the best and most reliable goalkeeper we've had since Jimmy Calder.

He has the ability to play at a higher level than the Championship and would be a great loss.

Dean Brill our best ever keeper !!!!

7 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Absolutely agree, RiG.  Putting your house up for sale may indicate you're looking for a new house in the area more suitable for a long term commitment to the area.

Putting your house up for sale just before your contract is up? 
The writing is on the wall. Right beside the For Sale sign ?

Out of contract at the end of the season

Owain Fon Williams

Kevin McHattie

Liam Polworth

Joe Chalmers

Nathan Austin

Out of contact in 2020

Mark Ridgers

Cammy McKay

Brad McKay

Coll Donaldson

Carl Tremarco

Jamie McCart

Charlie Trafford

Aaron Doran

Tom Walsh

Jordan White

Out of contact in 2021

Darren Macaulay

Out of contract in 2022

Daniel Mckay

Can't find details on how long Sean Welsh or Shaun Rooney have on their deals.

9 hours ago, ictchris said:

Owain Fon Williams

Kevin McHattie

Liam Polworth

Joe Chalmers

Nathan Austin

Out of contact in 2020

Mark Ridgers

Cammy McKay

Brad McKay

Coll Donaldson

Carl Tremarco

Jamie McCart

Charlie Trafford

Aaron Doran

Tom Walsh

Jordan White

Out of contact in 2021

Darren Macaulay

Out of contract in 2022

Daniel Mckay

I thought Doran was out of contract this summer so that is goo as long as we can hang on to him.  Of the ones that are out of contract this summer with Polworth going I would like to see Chalmers and Mchattie stay.

14 hours ago, Satan said:

No one seems go have mentioned our u18's, quite a few will be too old for that team next year and as there is no reserves what will happen to them? 

Normally they all get released apart from one or two. Robbo has always said that we have great talent in the youth/reserves but seldom seems willing to test them out.

I see Dundee have released Cedwyn Scott who was scoring for fun in the reserve leagues. Youngsters hungry to prove they can be a success with us could be a route to go down like McCart. 

Our problem with u18's is they are playing other u18 teams whose best players have been moved up to reserve teams. We don't have that progression, so basically our u18's are basically beating up younger teams and not experiencing the senior game.

On 4/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, ictchris said:

Owain Fon Williams

Kevin McHattie

Liam Polworth

Joe Chalmers

Nathan Austin

Out of contact in 2020

Mark Ridgers

Cammy McKay

Brad McKay

Coll Donaldson

Carl Tremarco

Jamie McCart

Charlie Trafford

Aaron Doran

Tom Walsh

Jordan White

Out of contact in 2021

Darren Macaulay

Out of contract in 2022

Daniel Mckay

I think Welsh's contract is up at the end of this season. Shaun Rooney contract ends in 2020 not 100% certain though 

22 hours ago, Satan said:

No one seems go have mentioned our u18's, quite a few will be too old for that team next year and as there is no reserves what will happen to them? 

Depends how it goes. I doubt Robbo will do the mass call up move again, but will pick and choose with the available players.

I would be more than happy to give youngsters a chance or try and recruit youngsters released by other clubs, especially if we hold on to the majority of the experience we have currently :). 

One thing I have never doubted Robbo on is his recruitment of players. 

On 4/15/2019 at 9:38 AM, RiG said:

So has Ridgers (allegedly). I don't think we can read anything into house moves as definitive signs that players are coming or going.

Ridgers house is not on market, I know this as I live 50 meters from him, well at least there's no sign outside his house anyway

Edited by ferben1994

On 4/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, ictchris said:

Owain Fon Williams- Released as he won't play games, even when Ridgers is injured he ends up a sub

Kevin McHattie- I'd be inclined to keep him. 

Liam Polworth- unfortunately off :(. 

Joe Chalmers- I'm undecided 

Nathan Austin- definitely off as he is inconsistent plus I see from my thread, he was a **** today. 

Out of contact in 2020

Mark Ridgers

Cammy McKay

Brad McKay

Coll Donaldson

Carl Tremarco

Jamie McCart

Charlie Trafford

Aaron Doran

Tom Walsh

Jordan White

Out of contact in 2021

Darren Macaulay

Out of contract in 2022

Daniel Mckay

Updated with what I would do if I was managing ICT ;). 

So on that, I would sign 2 Strikers, one to replace Austin and possibly one from OFW wages. We need to replace Polworth too but I would like to see some of the youngsters get a chance, McGregor, Harper etc have been on the bench this past few games yet don't get on which is a shame.  

On signings, I'd be looking at players from the leagues below or possibly even loans from Premier League teams youngsters that aren't playing much, for example, the boy Kane at St J. 

I would let Austin go.  He has scored 2 or 3 very nice goals with some composed finishes but that is the exception rather than the rule.  He has had a lot of game time and in general he has failed to impress.  He gets himself into decent positions and has had some decent service but all to often he doesn''t seem to be committed enough or have enough belief in his own abilities and ends up turning a half chance into a no chance.  His strike rate is not bad but he doesn't offer a lot else apart from the occasional goal. He's better in the air than Jordan White but Jordan has other attributes which put him well ahead of Nathan in my book.  At 25, I 'm not sure he's really going to get much better.

Kevin McHattie is also 25 but shows a good bit more maturity than Nathan.  He's had less game time than Austin but done well when called upon.  He had a pretty decent game today as part of a makeshift defence.  He was obviously highly regarded as a youngster with Scottish Caps at both under 17 and 21 levels.  His career has been dogged by injury, but if he can remain largely injury free then I feel he could be a real asset to us both at Championship and Premier division level.  Carl will be 34 later this year and sadly will be approaching the end of his career soon.  If he can be retained, it would not surprise me if he had established himself as first choice left back by this time next year.

• Agree 4