What we need in transfer market to improve.

CaleyTennis

13 hours ago, Charles Bannerman said:

I'm making just my second contribution here in a year of self-imposed purdah because I feel strongly enough about this to want to back up Scotty's effort to put the record straight about David Sutherland. Sutherland's, and hence Tulloch's involvement with the club began right at the start of 2000 and their contributions have AT LEAST amounted to the following:-

* When the club's debt hit around 2.3M late in 1999 DS, as Tulloch Chairman, arranged for the company to spirit that debt away; otherwise Administration or worse would have been inevitable. That happened in conjunction with the stadium and lease transferring by a complex route to Tulloch. These have recently been largely gifted back  to the club  to the its great additional benefit. Coincidentally the book value of that gift is also quoted as 2.3M so that huge debt has gone at the expense only of Tulloch retaining much of the car park.

* In order to ensure working capital to enable progress to the SPL in 2004, Tulloch/Sutherland also initially put in 0.5M, and other supplements made them the owners of these 729,500 shares which were more recently donated back to the ICT Trust. Tulloch has therefore voluntarily relinquished its former position as largest shareholder.

* In order to ensure an escape from an unsustainable lease at Pittodrie in 2004/05, Tulloch/Sutherland ensured that funding was put in place for the North and South stands and built these themselves, within the required very tight 7 week timescale. These stands are also part of that gift back to the club. Surely even the hungriest of supporters could not expect a totally free lunch from this, so there was indeed a rent involved.

* There also were various other day to day assistances such as the free secondment of Tulloch staff to work at the club which constitute a further benefit.

* In recent years the club's need for its expenditure vastly to exceed its earnings has been largely sustained by loans and donations from wealthy individuals with its best interests at heart - including David Sutherland.

It is estimated that Tulloch's investment, instigated and implemented by David Sutherland has, over the years, come to approaching 6 million, before you include his recent personal donations. It's all very well for Inverness fans to point to Roy MacGregor as a major benefactor of Ross County but it always seems to be forgotten that ICT has also benefited in a major way from handouts from interested parties, principally Tulloch. Without these the club would at best have been playing part time football for years with never a sniff of the SPL, Europe or the Scottish Cup... or at worst gone into liquidation at some point during 2000 or 2001.

The biggest irony of all, however, is that on the one hand there seems to be this expectation within football that wealthy individuals will bankroll the game's economics of the madhouse... but on the other, the far too frequent vilification of these individuals for their contributions is likely to act as a major disincentive to others to follow suit.

Talking about kicking a gift horse in the mouth.....                            Over and out.

THIS POST WAS SPONSORED BY TULLOCHS - and the content rhymes with the sponsor. Yet another fairy tale from Charlie Grimm.

• Disagree 1

Nows a good time for Robbo to see who's worth poaching from gash teams who's going down like Falkirk (who I like) and Dundee (who I hate) like the end of season check the freebies like a low budget champs manager been an ict fan here's hoping get some1 wev heard of this season

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Nows a good time for Robbo to see who's worth poaching from gash teams who's going down like Falkirk (who I like) and Dundee (who I hate) like the end of season check the freebies like a low budget champs manager been an ict fan here's hoping get some1 wev heard of this season

This is undoubtedly a prime opportunity for John Robertson to secure the signings of teams facing relegation and an unsure future. It is a case of being of looking at the "Sales" due to budgetary constraints, as long it is a player who has attracted our attention recently.

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

This is undoubtedly a prime opportunity for John Robertson to secure the signings of teams facing relegation and an unsure future. It is a case of being of looking at the "Sales" due to budgetary constraints, as long it is a player who has attracted our attention recently.

........... and has the approval of DFS

• Funny 1

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:05 AM, Alan Simpson said:

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:40 AM, tm4tj said:

Think I got the gist of it at the fourth time of reading. :shrug:

Only the fourth!!!!!!!!!!, you're lucky.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Need a striker.  Priority.  And a replacement for Polworth, Oh!  and a right back.        White is a donkey,  Rooney is useless at Right back.  

Rooney could be useful in right mid, if his passing /crossing can improve. He's definitely a bit Tokely-esqe when he's on the charge. Also needs to work on stamina, takes an age to get back on position. 

• Agree 1

On Saturday a Dunfermline fan who claimed he was best mates with Kallum Higginbotham claimed that we (ICT) were after him.

Today Dunfermline have confirmed that Higginbotham has been released...

5 hours ago, RiG said:

On Saturday a Dunfermline fan who claimed he was best mates with Kallum Higginbotham claimed that we (ICT) were after him.

Today Dunfermline have confirmed that Higginbotham has been released...

I always wanted higginbotham at ict a class player few good freebies out there if we can offload our own dead weights!

22 hours ago, caley100 said:

Need a striker.  Priority.  And a replacement for Polworth, Oh!  and a right back.        White is a donkey,  Rooney is useless at Right back.  

How longs likes of White contracted for tho be a hard man to move on like Trafford and McCauley stuck with them don't get handing out long contracts at the level of players wer looking at end up with a team full of cloggers a season at best option for another if they're half decent ! Plenty freebies out there bin our gash and roll the dice again