What we need in transfer market to improve.

CaleyTennis

It isn't that easy, surely, to just get rid of the "poorer" players and replace them with better ones at the drop of a hat?

The former need to still be paid their full contractual dues if the deal was for another season or more unless  their contracts are about to expire. And if you bring in a better player is it not likely that he will be asking for a higher wage than what has been paid to the "non-performer" just released?

Especially when it seems that ICT doesn't have  the resources at their disposal to just run wild signing better players. If the club is able to get promoted this season then the pressure on it financially will surely ease but how long will take  to accumulate extra finance to ease that pressure?

ICT may get better crowds initially in the Premier League but if they don't get on a winning streak right out of the gate then how long will it likely be before the crowds start to disappear?

Vincent will always be remembered for his cup winning goal, but apart from that never really set the heather on fire. He was, however, quietly effective and I am surprised he hasn’t done a bit better since he left us. I’d rather Chalmers wasn’t going, but if he is, I’d be happy to see Vincent return. 

Vincent didn't quite fill Shinnies boots, albeit he was a different sort of midfielder.

Not quite sure about players returning after a time away anyway. 

We can build or resurrect careers for players once but twice may be pushing it.

The problem we will have is keeping some of the current players if offers come in for them .

If we get promoted then that will help in two ways , club will get more income and players will want to ply their trade in the top league.

However if we stay in the Championship club will be open to decent offers and may cash in on some other players, we already know Polly is away and some think it’s a done deal that Chalmers is away as both are out of contract.

Its the contracted players that’s the problem or the answer in terms of potential income into the club.

Im sure the club would consider offers for some of our players who maybe attracting interest from other clubs and decide to get some much needed money into the coffers.

So in reality we could be looking at maybe 5/6 players from our starting 11 against Ayr Utd leaving no matter whether they are contracted to the club or not if offers come in for them.

Look at the fact of Oakley moving as we cashed in before we didn’t get anything for him. This looks like our model at present as Robbo has indicated that he is trying to get some of players who are here for next season to extend their contracts. That doesn’t mean they will stay it just means we can ask for more transfer fee. We have extended Ridgers contract already.

As Kingsmills said previously we really need promotion this season or I feel we will cash in on offers cut our cloth accordingly and promote the youngsters next season.

We could be in for a choppy ride over next few seasons buckle up folks.

Lets just win the playoffs and get promoted ??

Sorted.

3 hours ago, Gregor said:

The problem we will have is keeping some of the current players if offers come in for them .

If we get promoted then that will help in two ways , club will get more income and players will want to ply their trade in the top league.

However if we stay in the Championship club will be open to decent offers and may cash in on some other players, we already know Polly is away and some think it’s a done deal that Chalmers is away as both are out of contract.

Its the contracted players that’s the problem or the answer in terms of potential income into the club.

Im sure the club would consider offers for some of our players who maybe attracting interest from other clubs and decide to get some much needed money into the coffers.

So in reality we could be looking at maybe 5/6 players from our starting 11 against Ayr Utd leaving no matter whether they are contracted to the club or not if offers come in for them.

Look at the fact of Oakley moving as we cashed in before we didn’t get anything for him. This looks like our model at present as Robbo has indicated that he is trying to get some of players who are here for next season to extend their contracts. That doesn’t mean they will stay it just means we can ask for more transfer fee. We have extended Ridgers contract already.

As Kingsmills said previously we really need promotion this season or I feel we will cash in on offers cut our cloth accordingly and promote the youngsters next season.

We could be in for a choppy ride over next few seasons buckle up folks.

Lets just win the playoffs and get promoted ??

Sorted.

Fckin hell hope wer not depending on selling some of our contracted players be lucky to sell them at the car boot sale!

20 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Fckin hell hope wer not depending on selling some of our contracted players be lucky to sell them at the car boot sale!

I think you may well be surprised mate 

Some of our players will be attracting interest from other clubs.

Edited by Gregor

2 hours ago, Gregor said:

I think you may well be surprised mate 

Some of our players will be attracting interest from other clubs.

You never no I guess eh tbf we have had a pretty decent season and other clubs will no they'll get any of our players pretty cheap

So we have to fill a joe chalmers sized hole in midfield, allegedly, as well as Polworths slot. Things getting interesting.

Not sure if he's the player the gudgies need to kick on in the premier...Ferguson & kettlewell taking easy option already...oh dear.

It's quite ironic that Celtic and Motherwell didn't want Chalmers and he had to leave, and we want him to stay, and allegedly, he wants to go. I know it's the way football is now,  there is no loyalty,  but he has resurrected his career here, plays most games and has become an important member of the team, I feel his style won't suit OTB and he will just become a squad player. I'm sure Robbo has a few irons in the fire already for next season, the majority of his player recruitment has been good.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Chalmers only came on 2 a game at the end of the season no be hard to replace him plenty decent midfielders looking for clubs Polly be a hard man to replace tho would try for Telfer he's leaving Morton sure he'd come up here or even push the boat out try for Fraser Fyfie!

19 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Chalmers only came on 2 a game at the end of the season no be hard to replace him plenty decent midfielders looking for clubs Polly be a hard man to replace tho would try for Telfer he's leaving Morton sure he'd come up here or even push the boat out try for Fraser Fyfie!

Have you the faintest idea of the state of our finances, the thought that we could tempt Fraser Fyvie  to the club is just nonsense 

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Have you the faintest idea of the state of our finances, the thought that we could tempt Fraser Fyvie  to the club is just nonsense 

Course we could these guys aren't exactly top drawer what u think wer paying the current players in lemonade bottles! Besides that a squad full of dross like McCauley etc is more likely to put the club to the wall need promotion if not this season defo nxt

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

What business non football activities would fyvie have u trying to say he's a drug dealer lol

I understand he has property and his family own several other successful businesses in the Aberdeen area. Remember this is a guy who left Aberdeen as a teenager to go down to Wigan on very good money for several years so is pretty much set for life if he invests wisely ?

Should we be worried for McCart and Donaldson , clearly the best 2 centre halfs in the Championship. See RC have released the defender Boyle ,not extending his contract. Would be absolutely gutted if either left on the cheap and both 2 good for a season long relegation battle with RC.

• Agree 1