What we need in transfer market to improve.

CaleyTennis

Most might not like this but given our financial plight and not being able to speculate to accumulate possibly to bolster the squad we need to dip into the loan market a bit more successfully than previous seasons.

2 or 3 players who can offer a genuine difference, there must be some players from the top flight who'd jump at the chance of first team football and some clubs who'd jump at the opportunity of their players developing.

Yes we want our youngsters to develop first but if the backroom team don't feel they are ready then we need to explore every available avenue.

Got a text from a mate in Preston who states that one of his mates - James Craigen - is considering an offer from ICT - strangely also reported to have been encouraged by Gary Warren. I have googled and noted that he has just left the Pars - is this another potential midfielder for next season ?

I see Hibs have released a lot of players, one of which includes Ross Laidlaw so, if Ridgers were to leave (hopefully unlikely) I'd consider him as a replacement. He could even come in as number 2 behind Ridgers and ahead of Cameron Mackay but I don't think he'd want to be number 2 choice. 

Others released by Hibs that I'd consider are Thomas Agyepong and Lewis Allan. 

As you peeps know, I'm not good at this so I'll leave it to IHE lol. 

Edited by CaleyTennis
Adding to post.

51 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

I see Hibs have released a lot of players, one of which includes Ross Laidlaw so, if Ridgers were to leave (hopefully unlikely) I'd consider him as a replacement. He could even come in as number 2 behind Ridgers and ahead of Cameron Mackay but I don't think he'd want to be number 2 choice. 

We still have Daniel Hobban who was out on loan.

Maybe not a popular choice but Harry Paton from Ross County could be a great signing. Did well at Stenhousemuir and was good for County towards the end of the season. Probably wont get a look in next season with them with all the midfielders they have. Could be a perfect replacement for Polworth.

22 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I see that Danny Williams, who left ICT at the same time as Vincent, has been released by Accrington Stanley, after spending the season on loan at Fylde. They certainly never over achieved after leaving the Highlands. 

Danny Williams be a great signing if we could get him back

• Disagree 1

20 hours ago, SteveA said:

Maybe not a popular choice but Harry Paton from Ross County could be a great signing. Did well at Stenhousemuir and was good for County towards the end of the season. Probably wont get a look in next season with them with all the midfielders they have. Could be a perfect replacement for Polworth.

Spent a good number of Saturday afternoons last season watching Harry at Ochilview. He is an extremely talented footballer and I would have thought would relish the opportunity. Not sure what his current contractual arrangements are though!

Tony Andreu - a player who has in the past shown he can score goals but seems to have jobbed about and stumbled the last few years. The sort of guy and career we have history of rebuilding. I recall when we signed Anier and I at the time thought we should have been after Andreu.

Hamilton are releasing quite a few players, so Rice will be looking to fill his squad.

Accies have been avoiding the drop for years now, that's their only ambition - to finish 10th. They are pretty good at it though.

Maybe next year...

3 hours ago, Satan said:

Hamilton are releasing quite a few players, so Rice will be looking to fill his squad.

Accies have been avoiding the drop for years now, that's their only ambition - to finish 10th. They are pretty good at it though.

Maybe next year...

They are good at staying up and tbf take thro a fair few young players tiny budget they do ok ! They're defo nobody's 2nd favourite team tho! 

Is it true that we are in for James Craigen, Stellios, Michael Tidser because these are ones I've seen mentioned on Twitter this past week :ohmy:?

Also, what is happening regarding the Anthon Dowds rumours because that's gone quiet of late? 

By the way, I am not worried about if either of these players above sign or not, I am trusting Robbo to work his magic in the transfer market and, also, retaining our current players is more important than signing new ones imho. 

13 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Is it true that we are in for James Craigen, Stellios, Michael Tidser because these are ones I've seen mentioned on Twitter this past week :ohmy:?

Also, what is happening regarding the Anthon Dowds rumours because that's gone quiet of late? 

By the way, I am not worried about if either of these players above sign or not, I am trusting Robbo to work his magic in the transfer market and, also, retaining our current players is more important than signing new ones imho. 

No chance Tidser signed for Falkirk Stellios ex Dumbarton surely not lazier than moi! Fcuk nos bout Craigan would rather Higginbotham ! No way bud squad defo needs freshened up specially up front fell short again hopefully be a few outgoings and incomings keeps it interesting 

On 5/23/2019 at 1:13 PM, Alan Simpson said:

See Brian Rice linked with a few decent names must have a bit of money to play with what a job he's done so far Accies gotta be the most over achieving club in scotland

They have been for years. Not entirely sure, as yet, how much credit Brian Rice can take for that.

What they do have is an excellent record of developing their own players and cashing in on them which we would do well to try to emulate.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

Just now, Kingsmills said:

What they do have is an excellent record of developing their own players and cashing in on them which we would do well to try to emulate.

That's the best we can do until Mr. Rich comes along and  invests  donates some serious money.

We've got an impressive youth squad at the moment - I'd like to get  2 or 3 years out of the ones that make the grade before flogging them on though.

Early last season we had Mackay and MacGregor getting the odd game and initially impressing. I hope we'll see a bit more of that this season, and that Brazilian fellow who's name currently escapes me!

Here is some "names" that I seen on some transfer thread on pie and bovril (yeah, yeah, I know, they could be lying lol). 

So far we’ve been linked with Kallum Higginbotham, Anton Dowds, Nicky Cadden, James Vincent and James Craigan apparently- (the exact quote on p and b).

Higginbotham is a no from me. The rest I would not say no to nor would I be disappointed if they did not sign probably with the exception of Cadden and Craigen. 

Fwiw, it was a member from here (Highland Capital) that posted it hence why I have my doubts over the truth lol.