What we need in transfer market to improve.

CaleyTennis

8 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Storey?  The first chapter was OK but he’s lost the plot since. I don’t think signing him would lead to a happy ending. 

Surely he'd be better than what wev got the now tbf not many players leave us and set the heather on fire ! Defo worth a punt if the wages are payable! Would rather quality this season than quantity of players not even heard of in there own house!

• Disagree 4

17 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Alan Simpson, Storey certainly has pace and he did well for us when he was here, but I think he would have to take a drop in wages.

There is an Exit Trial at Forthbank today, so I hope ICT have someone down there to see who is available, maybe we could pick up a surprise gem.

We were not one of the clubs mentioned as being there on the PFA Scotland twitter

14 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Miles Storey had one good season and has been distinctly mediocre since. If we have money to bolster the squad, I would not be inclined to risk any on him returning.

Spot on! 

I dont like looking back so would rather see some new blood in. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

I never rated Storey as highly as other ICT fans he did a decent job for us don't get me wrong & he was 10x better then Dani Lopez but that was about it. I thought he would of been better suited as a winger/inside forward.

He scored a belter against County so he'll always be remembered for that in my books. 

The move to Aberdeen was obviously a bad move for his career & he hasn't really recovered since. 

We`re likely to pick up a couple of good quality loan players. But as in the last year or so the identity of these guys won`t be known until

nearer the end of the transfer window when the bigger teams allow them to go. Scott Wright anyone?

Plenty names and rumours I`m sure between now and then. 

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Poor Miles what'd he do to be so unpopular a far better striker than any of our current 1s grab him ict be the difference between another middle of the road season and an actual go at the title Storeys the Xfactor wer missing 

I could do with a couple of pints of what your on Alan :drinking06:

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Poor Miles what'd he do to be so unpopular a far better striker than any of our current 1s grab him ict be the difference between another middle of the road season and an actual go at the title Storeys the Xfactor wer missing 

Think he'd do better on X factor, or maybe BGT!

• Like 1

We'll find out next season how the new guys get on, but I expected more from Storey after he moved on - I guess he did well with good players around him here,  but then that doesn't explain his dire spell at Aberdeen with good players. Poor with Partick in both leagues as well.

I liked the guy when he was with us, but he's no legend, seems to have been idolized purely for his derby performances.

There is a very small bunch of players I would take back - he's just not in it.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Satan said:

We'll find out next season how the new guys get on, but I expected more from Storey after he moved on - I guess he did well with good players around him here,  but then that doesn't explain his dire spell at Aberdeen with good players. Poor with Partick in both leagues as well.

I liked the guy when he was with us, but he's no legend, seems to have been idolized purely for his derby performances.

Same with Tansey when he moved to Aberdeen.

Only one performance stands out for me and that was his goal in dungwall.

• Sad 1

I think Storey might be a decent option if he’s available for nothing. He showed real promise when he first came up here with us and clearly his moves after have not been good ones. 

I think he’s the type of player that needs to play , since he left us he’s pretty much been benched and never kicked on from there. 

Surely there are other decent forward options out there........

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, Satan said:

Never seen Storey play a bad game tbh I can mind 1 away game at Partick the man was like Ronaldo unstoppable style icon both of and on the pitch my man defo make our calendar a bit more marketable for the chics! Loads of former players I'd take back wev had some top players over the years 

• Disagree 1

10 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Same with Tansey when he moved to Aberdeen.

Only one performance stands out for me and that was his goal in dungwall.

Tansey was a great player with us injuries caught up with him! Scored a few valuable goals during Forans "management"!

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Andy Grant said:

I think Storey might be a decent option if he’s available for nothing. He showed real promise when he first came up here with us and clearly his moves after have not been good ones. 

I think he’s the type of player that needs to play , since he left us he’s pretty much been benched and never kicked on from there. 

Surely there are other decent forward options out there........

Robbos been looking for decent forwards he's no managed a keeper yet mad considering he's 1 of the top strikers Scotlands ever produced! Storeys the man Iv probs cursed him in the unlikely event he comes back be gash now

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

That's what usually happens when you sign unknowns from the lower leagues might see Proctor joining him heard it here first#getinmiles!

Except Derry are probably a bigger club than us...

Hardly "Lower League" when they've played in the Champions League 3 times and Europa League 5 times compared to our record of 0 and 1...

• Agree 1

Wasn't Darren studying for a degree?  He's maybe wanting to continue studying or to use his degree for a more secure long term future. Perhaps he didn't quite have the motivation required to succeed as a full time professional footballer and will be happier going part time.  If he can enjoy his football whilst not having to rely on it to earn a crust, then good luck to the lad.

• Like 1