What we need in transfer market to improve.

CaleyTennis

Don't think we need any of the Scots team lassies mun,   They have done an ICT type collapse in the second half and drawn 3-3 as a result are now off home.. :sad:    The VAR  decided that Alexanders feet were not both on the ground as the pen was take FFS!!! give me strength.

17 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Don't think we need any of the Scots team lassies mun,   They have done an ICT type collapse in the second half and drawn 3-3 as a result are now off home.. :sad:    The VAR  decided that Alexanders feet were not both on the ground as the pen was take FFS!!! give me strength.

Well, we've got the Falklands so who are the real winners here? ?

I read a Tweet not long after the signing was announced that, tomorrow we can expect another signing but I can't find it now lol. 

So, I wonder who it will be, Anthony MacDonald perhaps or maybe another defender :ictscarf:  feel free to speculate lol (oh and it won't be Nicky Cadden as he's signed for Morton). 

3 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

I read a Tweet not long after the signing was announced that, tomorrow we can expect another signing but I can't find it now lol. 

So, I wonder who it will be, Anthony MacDonald perhaps or maybe another defender :ictscarf: feel free to speculate lol (oh and it won't be Nicky Cadden as he's signed for Morton). 

Wondering if it'll be James Vincent (if he's willing to be on a lower wage), he's been released by Dundee...

On 6/19/2019 at 12:24 AM, ymip said:

I understand we will announce a new signing on Wednesday. No idea who it is but comes from a reliable source that a deal has been done for someone or other.  

Yer Man In Stoney nailing it again with the exclusives. Never mind the fact I didn't have a scooby who it was we were signing. Available for a weekly Courier column at the right price..... ?

• Funny 1

14 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Who the hell is that an extra from Chernobyl some of the posters on here are unreal slate miles Storey and yet hail this unknown as some kinda neymar like coup that Robbos has somehow on his budget of 2 buttons and an apple core pull of! Where's Gregor when u need goal scoring and shot ratio stats??

image.png.ef6448226c73b941e0dc75a85dce4ae9.png

Fill your boots sir

Stats from Soccerway

I have also added Miles Storey just to see how he fares against our 4 signed  players .Just to clarify the goal ratio is I goal per the number of starts or appearances so obviously the lower the ratio the better performance from the individual player.

Sometimes we go with our gut feelings about  a player but ultimately its the stats, especially with strikers, that should decide who we sign and play in the team.

We certainly have good experience in White and Keatings and back up with Todorov and young Daniel so looking decent for the start of the season.

Looking forward to even more signings and first game of the season.

Edited by Gregor

Always a worry when players held in high regard make a return as they seldom live up to the inflated hype.

Hope Vincent bucks the trend.

22 minutes ago, Buster said:

Always a worry when players held in high regard make a return as they seldom live up to the inflated hype.

I agree Buster never been keen on players returning, although he has not signed yet!

37 minutes ago, Buster said:

I thought Vincent was rather under-rated when he was here.  I'm surprised that he hasn't done better since he left but it is maybe all about the style teams play and how an individual fits in with the team.  Robbo seems to be good at getting the best out of people as part of a team so I am hoping this will be a good move all round.  Iain Vigurs was a player who returned successfully, so perhaps another player whose name begins with Vi can do the same.

• Agree 1

I think James Vincent has unfinished business at ICT. If I recall correctly,  wasn't he signed as a replacement after Andrew Shinnie left, and got injured quite early on after a promising start? I have no problem with players returning, as Vigures and Tansey both contributed a lot to the team on their return, so let's hope that James can kick on in his second spell with us, and if I remember, wasn't he a decent penalty taker?

Bughtmaster, I fully agree with your sentiments:

In life we all have that seed of ambition within us. Rarely , however, do things turn out exactly as you had hoped or planned! It's then you have to adjust your thinking to the realities of life and in so doing you can forge ahead by the making of what you feel are the changes that are necessary for you to again start the process of your successful advancement. And as IHE is wont to say."Put your head to the grindstone , keep yer powder dry and your eye on the ball, work hard and  be nice to the boss's wife". and you never know what will transpire.:tongue:

The same with players. For them to return they must have a lingering respect and affection for ICT !!  So I say. every time ....."Heh, Mister tambourine, if you wanna return, God bless you. But don't forget to contact IHE first for a wee chat from a veteran  who will besiege you with lots of advice which, of course, you will have to wade  through to find the right sparkling nuggets that fit into your own scenario. Then sell-off the others on the black market.

The return of Anthony MacDonald would be fantastic, if it were to come to fruition.  If that did indeed happen then I'd be very happy with the squad that we have and would not make more signings afterwards, unless other play leave. 

I said that I trusted John Robertson in the transfer market and he has delivered :ictscarf:

Edited by CaleyTennis

13 hours ago, Gregor said:

image.png.ef6448226c73b941e0dc75a85dce4ae9.png

Fill your boots sir

Stats from Soccerway

I have also added Miles Storey just to see how he fares against our 4 signed  players .Just to clarify the goal ratio is I goal per the number of starts or appearances so obviously the lower the ratio the better performance from the individual player.

Sometimes we go with our gut feelings about  a player but ultimately its the stats, especially with strikers, that should decide who we sign and play in the team.

We certainly have good experience in White and Keatings and back up with Todorov and young Daniel so looking decent for the start of the season.

Looking forward to even more signings and first game of the season.

Jordan White scoring 107 goals???   FECK ME!   that must include training games?  

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1