What we need in transfer market to improve.

CaleyTennis

On 6/21/2019 at 10:19 AM, Caley Stan said:

We've based the shape around getting the best out of Polly for the last 2 years so I wouldn't be surprised to see the 4-2-3-1 dropped. Robbo has often been inclined towards a narrow 4-4-2 - could see Keatings playing off White with Vincent and Welsh in the middle and Doran and Walsh starting from deeper, narrower positions. 

The squad looks to have good balance overall, though it would obviously be nice to add a right-back and a creative midfielder/wide player. 

Given we now seem to be chasing a 4th striker it seems quite likely that a switch in formation might be forthcoming. I can't imagine Robbo will be able to keep four forwards happy playing a system that only makes use of one striker.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1781852/robertson-remains-on-hunt-for-wide-player/. 

Another wide player then I would expect that is us for this transfer window :ictscarf:.  Is Anthony MacDonald a wide player or will we be looking at someone else from Hearts possibly, Sam Nicholson perhaps ? 

The promising part of the above article is that the gaffer plans on using some of the youngsters next season :-). 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Signing confirmed by the club. Says he's a winger. Could be our last signing of the window. 

I'd be miffed if it's the last one before the window even actually opens.

Also, we still have players to potentially depart and be replaced...

Just now, Jack Waddington said:

I'd be miffed if it's the last one before the window even actually opens.

Also, we still have players to potentially depart and be replaced...

Yep, agreed. Need another central defender as I have heard at least one is off.

I wish people would stop posting crap about players leaving (supposedly) because, until they do leave, it just causes unrest between fans!! I don't mind rumours about signings as most know what ones are true and what ones are false but, that doesn't always happen regarding departures. 

I for one get p**d off when I see these rumours yet, nothing is in the papers regarding the same news as fans "supposedly" know. 

Rant over ?

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Wouldn't be so bad if they were posted in the rumour mill, easier to ignore them ?

10 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

I wish people would stop posting crap about players leaving (supposedly) because, until they do leave, it just causes unrest between fans!! I don't mind rumours about signings as most know what ones are true and what ones are false but, that doesn't always happen regarding departures. 

I for one get p**d off when I see these rumours yet, nothing is in the papers regarding the same news as fans "supposedly" know. 

Rant over ?

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, bughtmaster said:

Wouldn't be so bad if they were posted in the rumour mill, easier to ignore them ?

I agree. I have no time for that either. 

My nephew is a coach at Blackpool and was in touch with Boro counterparts when I told him about this. He probably is another of our signing who has had worries about injuries but he is reported to be enthusiastic, "lighting fast" if not over-exuberant. Lets hope that we can stifle the adrenaline and help this young man to achieve the potential that Boro appear to feel that he shows. What a promising away day - Spicy Curry during the game and post-match. Now all we need to do is sign some fecker called Vodka.

16 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Looks like we will miss out on Lawrence Shankland.......................Dundee United will now start as firm favorites to win the Championship............again.

We missed out on him last year. We never had a chance this time around.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:03 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

My nephew is a coach at Blackpool and was in touch with Boro counterparts when I told him about this. He probably is another of our signing who has had worries about injuries but he is reported to be enthusiastic, "lighting fast" if not over-exuberant. 

Better than Matty Elsdon then.

• Funny 1

Down in the Dumps I am wondering whether or not you really appreciated what you wrote?  :tongue:

If you did, then you have a mysterious but very funny personality ..very clever m'lad….. and so you are promoted to first mate  having demonstrated hidden humour, and don't forget to sound the bell at dawn. We might run aground if asleep at the wheel.

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Down in the Dumps I am wondering whether or not you really appreciated what you wrote?  :tongue:

If you did, then you have a mysterious but very funny personality ..very clever m'lad….. and so you are promoted to first mate  having demonstrated hidden humour, and don't forget to sound the bell at dawn. We might run aground if asleep at the wheel.

Always happy to raise a ?

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:33 PM, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Looks like we will miss out on Lawrence Shankland.......................Dundee United will now start as firm favorites to win the Championship............again.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:09 AM, RiG said:

We missed out on him last year. We never had a chance this time around.

I honestly don't think we have missed out with this. Surely a player of his supposed ability would want to try and better/improve his game which he will not do at Utd. Looks like he seriously lacks ambition which is a big failing in my opinion.

• Agree 2