What we need in transfer market to improve.

CaleyTennis

Some of the comments here are mental. The league has yet to start so using form and capability on some half hearted pre-season games is foolish and reality is the league cup equally offers limited insight as teams take time to gel and not all clubs are equally serious about progressing rather than just more warm up game time.

Anyone can see that DUtd have recruited well and added real quality with proven backgrounds, Dundee too have experience and a team with strong top flight experience. It's clear they are the 2 favourites which although may not come to much any suggestion that either club, squad or manager is weak would be foolish as both have the financial backing to still strengthen both this summer and in Jan.

Ict have to go into this thinking there is a chance based on previous campaigns but we need to gel quickly and work out the best way to play moving on from Polly going. We can't afford the number of draws in previous years and need to hit the ground running rather than chasing if not realistically it'll be play-offs again.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 4

I think we have as realistic chance to win the Championship as anyone else. I don't think Utd have strengthened hugely, apart from Shankland and he will not win the Championship for Utd on his own. Dundee are a bit of an unknown quality but again haven't seen anything to hugely worry about in terms of signings. Rookie manager as well.Again, it is similar with Patrick, I haven't seen any significant signings. The only thing that would concern me is that the Dundee clubs have significant financial backing to change things as could Partick if they get taken over.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

On 7/10/2019 at 9:31 AM, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Firstly, Todorov has been on the books of Nottingham Forest (2014-15), Hearts (2016-18) and Falkirk (2019) and had loan spells at Livingston and Queen of the South. Anyone who watches lower league Scottish football will at least have heard of him.

Secondly, "unknown goat herder from Bulgaria" has racist overtones and should be called out as such. I'll judge our players on their performances and attitudes, not their nationalities.

Iv heard of him pal he's failed at every 1 of these clubs! Oh no u got me I'm racist as they come no see me at the games I'm the guy with the Hitler youth outfit on can't miss me pop over I'll lend u Mein Kampf!

• Facepalm 1

On 7/9/2019 at 6:59 PM, CaleyTennis said:

Alan, do you actually support ICT because your post makes me think you don't!? So what if Shankland signed for Utd, one man does not win a title as Ayr found out last season plus, how many times have Utd bottled it in big games, what makes you think that will change this season!? 

I am quite happy with our squad and am optimistic about the upcoming season due to the 2 draws this past few days plus, Utd lost 3-2 to Dumbarton and drew 1-1 with East Fife with fairly strong starting teams. 

Stick to the tennis son leave the footy to guys like myself who no what they're talking about! Goals win games my man and Shanklands the Messi of this division I'm afraid! Don't read to much in 2 pre season look at Accrington beating Marseille

• Funny 1

44 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Stick to the tennis son leave the footy to guys like myself who no what they're talking about! Goals win games my man and Shanklands the Messi of this division I'm afraid! Don't read to much in 2 pre season look at Accrington beating Marseille

Please please tell us where you got all this football knowledge Alan?

5 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Many years of playing at a gash level and coaching kids my man and obvs an encyclopaedic knowledge of football

Deluded. You really do believe the general nonsense you spout 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 2

On 7/14/2019 at 7:03 PM, Alan Simpson said:

“Footy” - automatic fail ?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jed5697 said:

We could do with Polly back just watching him run the game for Motherwell against Morton. 

Sounds familiar 

Goal! Motherwell 2, Morton 0. James Scott (Motherwell) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the high centre of the goal. Assisted by Liam Polworth.

• Like 1

The boo boys will surely find out that Polly was a real credit to ICT.   Too late now.   I do wish he was still here.  

1 hour ago, IBM said:

Sounds familiar 

Goal! Motherwell 2, Morton 0. James Scott (Motherwell) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the high centre of the goal. Assisted by Liam Polworth.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, IBM said:

Sounds familiar 

I really wish him well there. Who knows, and I’ve had a few beers, could we see a Scotland midfield one day comprising Polly alongside Ryan Christie and Graeme Shinnie?

May sound far fetched, but after recent results they would do a better job!

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 2

On 7/19/2019 at 8:44 PM, jed5697 said:

We could do with Polly back just watching him run the game for Motherwell against Morton. 

Motherwell fan on P+B
"Looking back on the game on Friday night it's actually wild just how involved Polworth was in creating chances yet no one's really talking about him"

Kinda odd given his poor attitude. I must go back and read the Polworth thread to remind me why he got so much abuse.......  

Liam doesn’t play for us anymore. Abuse or no abuse he still wouldn’t be at us this season. He was a good player that contributed a lot even if he did throw his arms about now and then. Let’s move on from it and talk about the promising squad we have now.

• Agree 1

Getting us back on topic....

Given our injury position, a versatile defender could be useful. With Rooney, Mckay and McHattie all out, we only have three fit experienced defenders.

Carson did very well at right back yesterday, and Todorov can play at the back, but we could be vulnerable if we pick up any more injuries. Tremarco took a heavy one yesterday but is hopefully over it. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

Another defender would be a decent addition

Would prefer him to be able to play right back as Todorov can be played at centre back.

That would allow Carson to be used in midfield where he will be most suited imo from what Ive seen so far. Looked good in St Johnstone game

Edited by Gregor

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know who the trialist was who was right back in the 2-1 defeat to the junior team in Nairn? Machado scored our goal. McHattie, MacGregor and Mackay all played. 

Edited by Robert