Morton Away 16/04/2019

WYNESS101

Until we have mathematically secured a top four place and our players are fit and available the team pretty much picks itself along with the formation.

I'm not sure the extent of Donaldson's injury from the Ayr game but I'd be surprised if he plays him with Robbo saying that the decision will be made tomorrow, be more like Rooney at right back with McKay and Mccart in cental defence.

Ridgers is out though through dislocating his finger in the semi-final.

Edited by MrCaleyjag

I know Rooney was up against the kick it and run pace of Mulraney on Saturday,  but he didn't exactly cover himself in glory with his game management or marking at set pieces.

He may have a cult following after his antics against County but he has to up his game to claim a regular slot in the team.

• Agree 1

It’s a shame that Mark has a dislocated finger (had one myself - not funny, painful and no-one gives any sympathy).  So Coll might not be fit, Carl will likely not be fit, so - bring on Morton.   Our boys are made of stern stuff and, I hope, have ICT now in their genes.   Come on ICT - bring home 3 points.  Please.  

This is now where the small squad will cost us i think we all know OFW is not still injured so if the club are series about wanting to make the play offs he should be played as sorry but Cammy looks nervous when playing and to my knowledge has not had a win while playing in place of Mark nothing personal to the lad but we need experience between the sticks. Coll was a big miss on Saturday and will be tonight if he is not fit to play. If and big if we miss out on play offs because the club chose not to play OFW well that just shows a lack of ambition and they will deserve all the flack that will come their way.

32 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

This is now where the small squad will cost us i think we all know OFW is not still injured so if the club are series about wanting to make the play offs he should be played as sorry but Cammy looks nervous when playing and to my knowledge has not had a win while playing in place of Mark nothing personal to the lad but we need experience between the sticks. 

He played in the 3-2 win at Ayr 29th January and played well.

• Like 1

That photo of Ridgers' dislocated finger is minging.

OFW clearly isn't injured but is there nothing something in his contract that triggers an extension if he plays a certain number of games or he has appearance fees etc?

46 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

But when did OFW last play a match of any description?

He's been playing in the U.S on loan for past two seasons. Just convenient every time he comes back to Scotland he is injured. Although his contract ends next month so spondoolicks back in the coffers for the playing budget.

Edited by MorayJaggie
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

He's been playing in the U.S on loan for past two seasons. Just convenient every time he comes back to Scotland he is injured. Although his contract ends next month so spondoolicks back in the coffers for the playing budget.

Sadly, unless we are promoted any spondoolicks back in the coffers will go towards the accumulated debt.

11 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Sadly, unless we are promoted any spondoolicks back in the coffers will go towards the accumulated debt.

Ah well at least it'll be helping the club get back on its feet. Safe trip down the road to all fans going to Cappilelow tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stirling Observer said:

You can't blame ofw. He was given a lucrative contract and any appearances will cost the club money they can't afford. He has played on loan and tried to help the situation. We were desperate for the appearance fees from the euros so gave him a bumper contract. Oh how it has backfired now!

Absolutely not OFW's fault. He accepted an offer which was as big a gamble as giving a rookie manager a lucrative five year contract.

Neither gamble paid of and the club continues to pay the price.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1