Scotty

That's a good point. Almost guaraentess our play off place. Will have to be some turn around in goal difference to deny us it. Delighted for Darren Macauley to get a goal, after a full pre-season he could be a great signing for us. 

5 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Dunfermline are closer to bottom of the league than they are to us (7 points away v 9)

True. Quite remarkable. With only three games left to play, we are one of only four teams in the division arethetically safe from relegation.

8 hours ago, SteveA said:

That's a good point. Almost guaraentess our play off place. Will have to be some turn around in goal difference to deny us it. Delighted for Darren Macauley to get a goal, after a full pre-season he could be a great signing for us. 

Robbo said on his interview last night that he had being finishing of a degree he started before joining us and now that's done he can now focus on the club full time. So fingers crossed

In all honesty, we could be in with a chance of bottling it.

The Pars have 3 games left, against QoTS, Morton and us. We have United, Alloa and Dunfermline. It could potentially go right down to the wire, as Dunfermline have a considerably easier road to securing Play Offs.

Here's hoping they screw up on Saturday.

• Disagree 3
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

In all honesty, we could be in with a chance of bottling it.

The Pars have 3 games left, against QoTS, Morton and us. We have United, Alloa and Dunfermline. It could potentially go right down to the wire, as Dunfermline have a considerably easier road to securing Play Offs.

Here's hoping they screw up on Saturday.

That's an impressive level of pessimism even for this site !

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Row S said:

Bombskares the two of them, McKay and Rooney that is.

They may well be, but they are our "Bombskares"

Rooney cleared one off the line last night, Brad scores the winner at Ayr.

Can't be bombthingys all the time.............

• Like 1

All but guaranteed to be in the play offs .

Hope Robbo has the guys at peak fitness levels for potentially six matches over a short period. With the proviso we can last the pace, no reason we can't beat any of our rivals and get back to the top league.

3 minutes ago, DWH said:

All but guaranteed to be in the play offs .

Hope Robbo has the guys at peak fitness levels for potentially six matches over a short period. With the proviso we can last the pace, no reason we can't beat any of our rivals and get back to the top league.

Let's also hope we are practicing penalties both for taking advantage of any we are awarded and also any potential shoot outs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

True. Quite remarkable. With only three games left to play, we are one of only four teams in the division arethetically safe from relegation.

And with only 3 games left there is still no club that can’t either win promotion or get relegated 

With the current state of our squad I'd rather not make dodgy predictions about how many points and against who we'll get them.

Each 90 minutes saps already tired legs and leaves us wondering who will make the next game.

Every team is playing for something still.

22 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I'll take the point happily, yes three would have been much better but I don't expect Dunfermline to win all their games and think we'll take at least 4 from the remaining games.

We only need to take one and the Pars only need to slip up once. I know which position I would far far rather be in.

If the pars draw or lose on Saturday our result is irrelevant. 9 points to play for 9 points clear. If they draw we are potentially 8 point clear and 6 to play for. If they lose we are 9 points clear with 6 to play for. It will be decided on Saturday. The only way we can be caught is if we lose (I don't think we will) all three matches and the pars win (I don't think they will) all three matches and there is a huge shift in goal difference. Pressure is on Dunfermline to perform which they haven't all season consistently on a far superior budget to ours. I'm hoping we beat Ayr in the play off quarter final and watch the boys at tannadice again in the semi. It's also worth noting we could hand Cunty the title on Saturday by beating Utd.

22 hours ago, Satan said:

It's in our own hands.

No one else to blame now.

Time for a performance on Saturday.

Correct 

even if what Jack says and we bottle it and lose our next two games we go into final game of season against Dunfermline 3 points ahead.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic