Polworth to Motherwell

Dargo20

29 minutes ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

I've been hearing rumours that Hamilton are after Aaron Doran heard this story from more then one person..... I'm hoping it's just Chinese whispers 

Aaron’s under contract till the end of next season so a transfer fee would be involved. I doubt Hamilton could afford £500,000!

can we keep this thread to Polly please.

Want to talk about Doran or anyone else, please start a new one in the correct section (depending on rumour/fact/wishlist)

19 hours ago, caleyboy said:

doesnt really matter. I still think he has made a pretty big mistake as his game still needs work.

What better way to do that than move to a bigger club with more resources, playing at a higher level and a recent track record of blooding young players.

Sounds a little bitter to me especially as you can say that about most players.

Good luck to him and I hope his game comes on leaps and bounds.

21 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Liam deserves to move on up and develop as a player. He may help us move up but regardless we should all wish him well in his career.

I’ve sponsored Liam’s boots for years.  A lovely young man, always happy to chat.  He goes to pastures new with my best wishes for a superb future.   I hope he has much success.    Motherwells gain is ICTs loss - maybe now the boo boys will realise just what a contribution he made to our team.  You know who you are - I could name more than a few who blamed him for everything that went wrong, but never acknowledged his attributes.   So be it.  

• Like 2

We are happy to have sponsored him since before he was a first team regular. When we sponsored him it was a toss-up between him or Ryan Christie as both youngsters were not sponsored at the time. Here's hoping that he goes on to get the same plaudits as Ryan but not the same injury (ouch). 

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We are happy to have sponsored him since before he was a first team regular. When we sponsored him it was a toss-up between him or Ryan Christie as both youngsters were not sponsored at the time. Here's hoping that he goes on to get the same plaudits as Ryan but not the same injury (ouch). 

..and let's hope that we will be facing both in the league next season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Time for him to go.  A change of scene will probably be the making of him I reckon. I don’t hold him in the god like status some do but when on his game, he certainly made the team tick.  However no one player is bigger than the team, so we move on and wish him all the best for his move.

I hope that Liam can recreate the form he had a few seasons ago, as I think his form had stagnated recently,  and go on to better things at Motherwell. A fresh start is probably what he has needed, a new challenge,  and not to be the easy pick each game. Maybe having to fight for his first team berth will take Liam's game on to a new level. I wish him all the best for the future, and hope he finds happiness in his football career. 

47 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I hope that Liam can recreate the form he had a few seasons ago, as I think his form had stagnated recently,  and go on to better things at Motherwell. A fresh start is probably what he has needed, a new challenge,  and not to be the easy pick each game. Maybe having to fight for his first team berth will take Liam's game on to a new level. I wish him all the best for the future, and hope he finds happiness in his football career. 

I hope that he can recreate that form for the final games of this season.

Much as I appreciate his efforts over the years and wish him well, I don't really care what sort of form he will be in for Motherwell.

• Agree 1

Liam's  a great player gutted he's gone but should've tried to sell him soon as he refused to sign a new deal! Also Motherwell ffs some of the posters on here u think he was going to PSG he should've stayed here showed a bit of loyalty and became a hometown legend instead of a possible benchwarmers for a gash team!

19 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Liam's  a great player gutted he's gone but should've tried to sell him soon as he refused to sign a new deal! Also Motherwell ffs some of the posters on here u think he was going to PSG he should've stayed here showed a bit of loyalty and became a hometown legend instead of a possible benchwarmers for a gash team!

He's been with us since he was in Primary school. And been in the senior squad for 8 years, that's almost half of an average footballers career. Lad needs a change of scenery.

28 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Ah but did he refuse a new deal ?

12 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

He's been with us since he was in Primary school. And been in the senior squad for 8 years, that's almost half of an average footballers career. Lad needs a change of scenery.

Liam needs to be careful what he wishes for most players who leave us Christie aside it's a bit of benchwarming and downhill! 

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Liam needs to be careful what he wishes for most players who leave us Christie aside it's a bit of benchwarming and downhill! 

He needs to look after his family. Offered a new contract at a fraction of his current salary or move and have a pay rise. Pretty simple decision

• Agree 4

14 hours ago, Tree said:

He needs to look after his family. Offered a new contract at a fraction of his current salary or move and have a pay rise. Pretty simple decision

aye but was he offered a new contract?

52 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

aye but was he offered a new contract?

I don't believe a formal contract was ever tabled however I also understand that a broad discussion took place about the fact that any contract would have been a fraction of the current deal and in effect it became clear that this was not a starter

Football is a short career for most,  and as much as it may pain us to say so, none of our players are ever going to be able to make much of a retirement plan on our wages, especially now while we are in the Championship. Add the effect the boo-boys will have had on him (however they want to minimise it) and its a pretty easy decision for the lad. Personally, I wish him well, hope he grows as a person and as a player and is able to bank a little bit of a nest egg for himself and family. It may not be PSG as one poster has mentioned, but we're not Barcelona either, even if the colours are similar !