Player Sponsorship 2019/2020

Scotty

Over the years we have sponsored someone or something every year either through the site coffers, our users, or both. We sponsored Grant Munro through his entire ICT career and have now done the same thing with Liam Polworth who will leave for Motherwell at the end of the season. We have also sponsored various 'lesser' items like goalie gloves or Ross Tokely's boots etc !

Over the years we have taken pride in picking a young up and coming local players who might not otherwise get sponsored at that stage of their career and it paid off for us with our sponsorship of both Grant and Liam. My open question to the site users now is whether we continue to sponsor a player now that Liam is leaving, and if so, who that should be. 

I have to be transparent here and say my initial thoughts were to say an absolute no to sponsorship for next season. I do not take kindly - in business as a service provider, or on a personal level - to being ignored, slandered, bad-mouthed and lied to, all of which have taken place in the last year by senior club employees. Given there have been some positive changes in personnel at the stadium, and I have had a few months to let the initial annoyances, frustration and financial impacts subside, I am prepared to continue running our scheme on here if enough users want to continue.

If the scheme is to continue then I would be up for sponsoring someone like : Daniel Mackay, Roddy MacGregor, Cammy Mackay, Daniel Hoban ... etc basically one of the younger up and coming guys. Current sponsors have priority over renewing so although someone suggested switching to Ridgers, he is fully sponsored and if his current sponsors renew it would not be an option. Emma will no doubt send us a list of players in the coming weeks with details of who/what is available. 

With the club strapped for cash, I reckon we should look to sponsor another player who will come through the ranks. Maybe Roddy MacGregor, Daniel Mackay or similar, guys who have a future here for a few seasons.

I know Scotty has had his share of issues with the club over the last season or two but this is for the overall good of the club and young players, not some of the those that have been bleeding the club for a while.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Agree with Don.

I agree with all three who have posted so far.

The main and worst culprit has departed the club and will not be missed.

Time for a fresh start and to back one of our home grown players who, in the circumstances, have to represent the future.

• Like 1

Can't argue with the replies above and fully understand, also, why Scotty would want to sever the sponsorship links. Defo go with a home grown youngster and not a journeyman.

Edited by Gringo

I agree with the suggestion of sponsoring one of the up and coming players and I’d be interested in taking part this year.

The best thing may be to wait until we know who is available and put it to a vote. If there’s enough raised by all means, punt it on an unknown, you never know, he may turn out to be another Coll Donaldson, I remember United fans not being very complimentary about him and look how that turned out! Again, should probably go to a vote as I considered sponsoring C*lder this year so my opinion on these matters may not be worth much. 

14 hours ago, Graham Mcneil said:

Not easy to see how these young guys will perform on the bigger stage if they are just sitting on the bench . They need some game time ,shouldn’t be a problem now in the last few games 

Yes in the next few games before the Play offs. We need our best team for the play off games

• Agree 1

last year it was £350 plus VAT (total £420) to be the main sponsor for Liam (Home Top). Other items are cheaper but we didnt get enough sponsors to cover off anything else. The money raised all goes to the club and where it goes from there is anyone's guess ..... 

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

last year it was £350 plus VAT (total £420) to be the main sponsor for Liam (Home Top). Other items are cheaper but we didnt get enough sponsors to cover off anything else. The money raised all goes to the club and where it goes from there is anyone's guess ..... 

I guess it would get you a week at the Kingsmills Hotel for our CEO (if true). 

6 hours ago, Fraz said:

I guess it would get you a week at the Kingsmills Hotel for our CEO (if true). 

At Inverness Hotel prices you would be lucky to get more than a couple of days for that .... that's why we do AirBnB when we visit. 

• Like 1

• Scotty unfeatured, unpinned and pinned this topic
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, Scotty said:

yea I was that for Daniel Hoban's home top.but think hel have no one next season as ive cancelled doing sponsorship next season 

• 2 weeks later...

a few people have renewed after getting email or reminders from the site. Sorry I have not updated things to show who has paid and who we might get as sponsored player etc .... I am not in Toronto right now .... I am currently running around in Inverness visiting friends and family so literally have zero computer time. Hope to get the sponsorship for this year rolling and the draw for last year's sponsorship prize winners done soon (while I am here). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheCaleyOne said:

Hi, I've not had a reminder or email but want to sponsor again this season.  Where is the link to do it, thanks. 

The link in my email is only for myself to renew so I can't share it.  I am sure when Scotty gets the time he will put the link on here.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:06 PM, TheCaleyOne said:

Hi, I've not had a reminder or email but want to sponsor again this season.  Where is the link to do it, thanks. 

If you were in the group last year then you should be able to renew in your profile here : https://caleythistleonline.com/clients/purchases/

If there is an issue then dont worry about it. I'll be back in Canada in 10 days and have more time to get all this sorted. We've got until Friday in Inverness then a 4 day detour in Dublin !  Hoping to get down to the stadium in the next few days to chat with Emma and buy the little guy some new gear and a new backpack for school, then probably offline while we are in Dublin ! 

I did the draw for this year's goodies and it can be seen here

@finmack and @Badly_Drawn are the winners of the shirt and signed caricature of Liam Polworth. I have sent both a message to co-ordinate prize pickup/delivery. Well done/. 

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I did the draw for this year's goodies and it can be seen here

@finmack and @Badly_Drawn are the winners of the shirt and signed caricature of Liam Polworth. I have sent both a message to co-ordinate prize pickup/delivery. Well done/. 

Well done to the winners and thanks to Scotty. 

• Scotty locked this topic
  • Scotty unpinned this topic