Scotty

Just now, Weekend Hacker said:

WTAF was Austin shouting at Anthony for?  He’s not exactly ingratiated himself with the North Stand today - think the body language showed he knew he’d fecked up.  But echo all on here, poor today, poorest for a while. Fatigue maybe.  

He thought MacDonald should of passed it to him instead of taking the shot himself fair enough. But MacDonald is only a teenager & he shouldn't of been treated like that i'm pretty sure he even apologised to Austin afterwards.

If anything he should be getting a pat on the back for actually creating a chance cause we were struggling to create chances all game! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, Fraz said:

No guile, ponderous, and pedestrian. United were no great shakes but until the last 4 minutes we offered absolutely nothing going forward. Lump it up the park, give away possession, rinse and repeat. 

Austin needs to shut his mouth and not blame another hungrier looking young player for his laziness. 

I struggle to understand why Robbo persist's with Austin he clearly has a terrible attitude all around me screaming for Robbo to take young Roddy on instead but he just wont give him a chance

Edited by Polo Chick
  • Agree 1

Dundee United had three shots on target and scored with two of them. We could scarcely manage one decent attempt until the last few minutes. Why will Robertson not introduce some of the youngsters? They surely cannot be any worse than some of those players masquerading as footballers who he plays every week!

• Agree 1

Missed a few players today. First half was pretty even apart from their goal.  Dundee Utd caught us napping again at the start of the second half. Having just been done by Hearts the same way thought we would have been wise to that. Dundee Utd defended well when they needed to and we didn't. Their goalkeeper had a good performance. Sanfranko goal was well taken. 

Too little effort. Only turned up in last ten minutes. And Nathan Austin should take a long hard look at himself ranting at Anthony McDonald the way he did. Gone down in my estimation. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Gregor said:

We are top of the away league but unfotunately we are 6th of the home league which has cost us the title.

Maybe if the home fans got behind the team in the same manner of the away fans then we would maybe produce more points.

In reality its the same team so I dont think they decide not to turn up for home games.

Same team different atmosphere so maybe Robbo was correct few months ago 

Gregor, if the team gave us something to shout about at home they would get ' vocal support'.  However we have been witness to some shockers at home this season.   I couldn't manage the game today so I can't comment on the performance, but getting beat again at home is not good.

• Agree 2

Not the best of games, especially the second half.

However, we are now secure in the play offs and I, for one, would have settled for that at the start of the season.

Hopefully, we can overcome Ayr and take revenge on the Arabs after that.

54 minutes ago, Hearach said:

Too little effort. Only turned up in last ten minutes. And Nathan Austin should take a long hard look at himself ranting at Anthony McDonald the way he did. Gone down in my estimation. 

Totally agree with this. Anthony Mcdonald had his head down just beaten 3 or 4 men then took the shot. Austin should have been applauding him not shouting at him. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

What the hell has happened to Nathan Austin? he was brilliant this time last year nothing seems to be going right for him this season. That 3-2 win against Ayr Utd has been his only highlight so far.

Well I must have missed that one as I have never seen Nathan Austin do anything brilliant!  He comes on runs about falls over gets hurt and creates nothing, today he missed a sitter and started shouting at Macdonald?

• Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Not the best of games, especially the second half.

However, we are now secure in the play offs and I, for one, would have settled for that at the start of the season.

Hopefully, we can overcome Ayr and take revenge on the Arabs after that.

We all hope we  can beat Ayr,it  will be a challenge as they are playing well, but I can't see us beating United - certainly not if today is an indication. 

That was rubbish. Why on earth we did sign all those youngsters last summer on full time contracts and then spend all season not playing any of them. Apart from Mckay and MacGregor's cameo appearances non have played. Come on Robbo you have two 'nothing' games to show why you signed the boys.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Satan said:

We all hope we  can beat Ayr,it  will be a challenge as they are playing well, but I can't see us beating United - certainly not if today is an indication. 

Of course we can beat United. We have done so very recently.

However, we will have to play much more clinically, defend better and be more committed than we were today.

Any one of the four teams taking part in the play offs are capable of winning through and that, on our day, includes us.

If we go in to them with a defeatest attitude we will, without doubt, be defeated.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

We didn't really deserve anything from the game in fairness. A long range Walsh effort, a White header and another effort from Walsh probably should have seen us on the score sheet by half time but Safrankos well taken goal and another header off the bar could well have had United two goals to the good before United's second. If McMullan has handled it for the second then that's a bit shit as that'll be twice he's cheated to get a goal against us in the last couple of games. That said it was seriously naive of us not to play to the whistle and basically allow the guy to scamper across the penalty area before scoring.

When Robbo took off Doran, Walsh and Polworth it was clear we had given up today. A really bizarre moment when MacDonald skipped clear of the United defence and cut a shot / cross across the face of goal which Austin watched go wide without really making any effort to get on the end of it. He then raced over to berate MacDonald for not passing it to him which was bang out of order given his lack of effort in trying to get to the ball in the first place and led to a loud chorus of boos from the North Stand directed his way although the constant abuse which followed was over the top. 

Time to rest a few players I think now that we have the playoffs secured. Chalmers and Trafford were really poor today and the attacking three who were subbed off were nowhere near as good as they have been this season. McCart did really well though and was probably my MotM for ICT.

Again I think some of the comments on here are a bit on the harsh side.  This was always going to be a tough game.  Utd needed to get something out of the game to secure 2nd spot and a place on the playoff semi-final, and they were obviously really up for the game.  We had a significantly weakened side missing Ridgers, Tremarco, Donaldson and Welsh from our defence, plus it looked as though Doran was carrying an injury and he duly got subbed on the hour mark.  

I thought that we did pretty well.  For the most part we showed some real desire although Chalmers was not at his best today.  I thought Cammy Mackay did well in goal.  I don't think he could have done much with either goal but generally he looked pretty assured and his kicking and distribution was good.  McCart was excellent and my MOTM whilst McHattie looked pretty solid at left back.  

Generally we kept possession well and worked hard to get the ball back when Utd had possession.  As often this season, we tended to be a bit slow getting forward but nevertheless we created a lot of chances.  We had 15 attempts on goal which was more than any other team in the division this weekend apart from Partick. What we lacked was that bit of composure at both ends when it really mattered.  For their first we failed to pick up Safranko although to be fair to the lad, it was a very well taken goal.  And we just stood around appealing for handball for the second rather than playing to the whistle.

We then took Doran, Walsh and Polworth off and played the last 25 minutes of the game with only 4 of our preferred starting 11 on the pitch.  We ended with just 3  after Brad Mackay got sent off for slipping on the wet grass. (or did I miss something?)  Austin will want to forget today, but both McDonald and McCauley were excellent when they came on.  So all in all, I thought there was quite a lot to be positive about.

Despite the loss we have confirmed a play off place with two games to go.  That is an improvement on last season and given the financial position of the club, that is an achievement for which Robbo and the players deserve great credit.  We now have the opportunity to rest any players who are carrying slight niggles and ensure they are fit for what could be a strenuous play-off campaign.  Hopefully this will be an opportunity to see a little more of our home grown talent which is so important to the future of this club.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hearach said:

Did the same at Edinburgh City to Walsh. Seems its never his fault? 

• Like 1

Handball... dry your eyes. 

Weren't nearly good enough.

Could've played 'next goals' the winner' and still would have lost.

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Of course we can beat United. We have done so very recently.

However, we will have to play much more clinically, defend better and be more committed than we were today.

Any one of the four teams taking part in the play offs are capable of winning through and that, on our day, includes us.

If we go in to them with a defeatest attitude we will, without doubt, be defeated.

If's and but's . Our season has been punctuated by them. 

Do you really think we are capable?...Not just hoping...hope gets you only so far, but really think so??

Too often we have come up short when we 'expected ' more.

I think some will be let down, again.

58 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Neilson and McMullen both admitted to the press it was handball. 

It was right in front of my nose, and not once did Brad even lay a finger tip on the ball. His hands were either side of the ball, to stop himself getting a facefull of dirt.

Was the most BS booking I've seen in a loooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time. And then getting booked again for talking back, protesting his innocence. Even worse...

55 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

It was right in front of my nose, and not once did Brad even lay a finger tip on the ball. His hands were either side of the ball, to stop himself getting a facefull of dirt.

Was the most BS booking I've seen in a loooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time. And then getting booked again for talking back, protesting his innocence. Even worse...

For utd second goal? They admitted it was handball.

58 minutes ago, Satan said:

Handball... dry your eyes. 

Weren't nearly good enough.

Could've played 'next goals' the winner' and still would have lost.

If's and but's . Our season has been punctuated by them. 

Do you really think we are capable?...Not just hoping...hope gets you only so far, but really think so??

Too often we have come up short when we 'expected ' more.

I think some will be let down, again.

Yes we are capable end of. This we aren't good enough crap is pish.  I'd rather focus on the positives in the team at the moment. SC semi-final  top four finish, chance at promotion all on a shoe string budget with a small largely inexperienced squad. At the start of the season most folk would have been happy with 5th again. But we are guaranteed 4th at least. Keep the faith. 

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic