Scotty

1 hour ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

It is critical that ICT has an image that is genuinely honest. McMullen has been caught out before, and he will be again. It was a blatant handball yesterday and I suspect he was as shocked as we were that the referee saw it otherwise. 

so if the boot was on the other foot and it meant promotion you would prefer "essential honesty" rather than potentially saving this club. not in my book I'm afraid.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, CableGuy said:

See I just don't understand the logic here with this argument.... The away fans usually consist of on average, say 100-200? Now a good portion of that is youngsters who see it as a day out, go for a few beforehand and are jolly and fired up. I'm all for them and think that they are brilliant at creating an atmosphere, however let's look at Sat or in fact any home game really where at least 1000-1500 people turn up and give their support even though results and performances have been lacklustre. To me that's a good backing. They may not cheer and sing throughout the game but on the whole they give the team a resounding chorus when we either score or create something that deserves a bit of accolade.... Now let's be honest there's been scant examples of either at home this season. Our style of football is what makes the fans stay largely quiet in my opinion, any other team in the league generally when given a chance surge through the middle of the park at pace and this gives their fans a sudden moment to get excited and cheer regardless of end result whereas our style of football means we watch he ball go back and forwards... sideways numerous times, passed around like a training exercise around the box until eventually its either snuffed out or someone fires it well over the stadium roof. So there's never really that sudden element of fast movement to get people excited and I think this is why we go so quiet, people almost go to sleep! They are watching and taking it in, but in a very subdued and docile manner. I've seen it numerous times when we do score after a period of this, that the celebration is somewhat delayed and quiet as if suddenly the home supporters have actually woken up. I definitely think if we played this style of quick attacking football on a regular basis the crowd would be more up for it from the start, however the biggest problem with that is as soon as we try to play that type of game we start losing goals as we switch off at the back! 

Absolutely spot on the football is boring to watch it is slow and at times mind numbing we are the only team that plays like this and other teams have us sussed as we never change our style of play depending who we are playing the only games that have been exciting this season has been the Derby's why cant we play like that all the time??

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic