Nathan Austin

CaleyTennis

Can I ask what he has done to rile so many of our fans on Twitter, apart from be a useless footballer, who, in my humble opinion needs released or sold during the summer?? 

Another that should be ashamed of himself, and deserves as much pelters is Brad McKay but that is for another thread. 

• Agree 1

During the game today, young Anthony Macdonald went on a great run beating a few united players and his shot went just wide at which point very obviously to anyone who was at the game Austin started shouting at the boy and having a proper go at him even though Austin had done nothing today apart from stand around. 

• Like 1

Great work down the left with McDonald firing a shot in which went just wide.  Austin had got himself into a good position but the shot was a good option.  Had McDonald seen Austin and tried to play the ball to him I think it may well have been intercepted so the shot was a fair enough option.  Had Austin been a bit more aware I think he could have got onto the back post and tapped the misplaced shot in.  It was one of those agonising ones where had it been a better shot it would have gone in but had he pushed it a bit wider it might  have fallen to Austin.  Anyway, Austin was totally out of order at the way he had a go at young McDonald.  It was a shame some supporters started booing Austin though.  Whatever they do on the park they need our encouragement and this is an issue I am sure Robbo will deal with appropriately behind the scenes.

As for the Brad Mackay sending off, I may be wrong, but my impression was that having evaded one player he simply slipped and fell onto his knees which the referee interpreted as a dive.  Whether he was given a 2nd yellow card for simulation or for dissent at a foul being given for simulation I don't know, but it certainly looked like a genuine slip to me.  

Interesting that Brad gave away a penalty the other day for holding in the box.  Today White was was held in the box with the defender's arms right around him with the referee less that 2 yards away.  Nothing given.  I don't know what it is with Jordan but it is as though the SFA have give a diktat that he can be held, pushed, elbowed as much as a defender wants and a foul will not be given.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

DD, I must confess to giving Fash stick today as he was completely out of order with his shouting at Anthony.  A great run by the youngster, and had Fash been sharper he could have slipped in at the back post.  He needs to know that that type of nonsense won’t be tolerated against a young man who was trying to infect pace and vigour which we sadly lacked today.  It won’t continue from me of course but he was bang out of order and he at least knows that the fans were not happy with his attitude.  Line drawn, we move on with a clean slate for the play offs ??

Great run by the youngster, but had two chances  to shoot in front of goal before he went further wide then dragged his shot wide.

Austin went too far on this occasion,  but that is all. No getting knickers twisted folks .

Sounds as if the SFA needs to find many more very competent refs who are as impartial as they are knowledgeable. What do you think?

For heaven's sake we should ask them to bring back JRP Gordon out of retirement from Newport. At least he was entertaining  and tried very hard to discourage the offender.....

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

With possibly the most important few games in our history on the horizon, is it really helpful to open a thread only designed to criticise one of our own players?

Well if he can't own up to his mistakes and starts blaming players who have been playing better than him, then yes.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

After seeing the highlights it makes his outburst all the worse. McDonald had nowhere to pads to without it being picked off by one of the 3 utd defenders around him and Austin reaction is OTT. He was rightly reprimanded by the crowd and hopefully will teach him his attitude and reaction are not acceptable to a upcoming capable player. Time he moves on when contract is up because his performance over the time he has been here has been inconsistent and mediocre at best. 

• Agree 1

Absolutely agree, Austin should have gambled and slid on to the ball for a simple goal. Austin was similarly selfish a few minutes earlier when a cross might have been more productive instead of the weak shot he ended up doing from the angle. 

Inclined to agree with others sentiments. Having watched the highlights Austin made himself look like a dick. Anthony made a cracking run and didn't have much in the way of options until Austin arrived 20 minutes after the ball had gone. It says a lot about him. He gets odd goals but he is hardly a goal machine. He can be lazy, fails to read the game at times, and also seems to be a couple of seconds off the pace with his decision making. For me young Anthony is a way better player who is sharper, quicker, and offers much more than Austim - just wish we could keep him. I would happily say goodbye to Austin to give the lad Austin's wages.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

A great pity but the boy isn't consistent enough at this level.

He should, nevertheless, be given a start for  at least one of the final two regular league games to give those you are more effective and consistent a rest and to protect them from the chance of injury or suspension. A few of the youngsters should get a run out for the same reason.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Who?   Austin or Macdonald ?    I think there’s more in Macdonald than we have ever seen in Austin.  

16 minutes ago, caleyboy said: