CTO - Help needed

Scotty

Putting this out there to all users, not just to the editorial team ......

We are looking for more people to write articles ... be they match previews, match reports or just news and views for next season (and beyond). @tm4tj has been our stalwart on here in that role for many seasons but he is hoping to get a bit more rest and relaxation in his online life as well as his real life. His contribution to this site continues to be immense and where we have struggled to get something in place for some games he has always stepped up to the plate to either write articles himself or cajole and persuade others to do so. If you want the editorial side of things to continue in the same manner then we need more folk to ease that burden on him. It would be great if we could find someone he could mentor that could (eventually) take over in his role of "managing editor" .....   

If you are a budding journalist, like to write blogs, or just have an opinion you would like published on a regular basis and it relates to ICT then we have no issues with opening up this platform to you. We recently did just that with the blogging system and now there are a few people whose independent blogs are reproduced on the site in what we hope is a win-win for all. Provided the content will not put the site in any legal jeopardy then there are few editorial constraints outside of using appropriate language and grammar. If you can type a reply to a post on here you can easily use our editorial system. its very straightforward and pointers can be given for any bits that are not clear.   

We would also really like to encourage some of our younger members - who often say they don't get a voice - to take up the torch as the rest of us are getting a little more 'mature' and set in our ways ... but anyone is welcome to contribute. The more the merrier as they say.  I would also say that it doesn't matter if you have had any run-ins with me or the mods at any time. Anyone who knows me knows that unless your behaviour on the site was so egregious that it cant be forgiven I don't hold grudges. (you would not be reading this if you fell into that category). Life is indeed too short for that. If you currently contribute to the site positively then I don't care who you are or what history you have on the site. Its all about the here and now.  

If you dont feel up to writing articles or match reports then there are a few other areas where we will gladly accept help. The weekly match day routine involves updating tables, posting the POY voting poll, doing the prediction league updates (the other one, not Gringo's one), and entering match details in our stats program. The stats program itself could also do with someone casting an eye over it to keep profiles up to date, to adjust player info when they sign for other clubs etc. We also have a couple of seasons worth of data entry to complete from earlier seasons to get it fully up to date.  These are all fairly basic tasks and each one only takes a few minutes, but when one person is doing everything then it all adds up ..... if anyone is willing then let us know and we can provide the relevant information and access to assist.  

We are also open to new ideas ... so if there is something we don't currently do and you have an idea, or better still, want to try getting something up and running, then let us know.   We really do want to the site to continue as it is or improve with new ideas, and provided the income from ads trickles in and pays for (most of) our costs we are happy to continue running it, but we absolutely need some of those who appreciate the resources and information we have provided for the last 25 years to step up and give us a hand ...

send me a message or reply below if you are interested. thanks. 

Scotty

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the two guys that have offered assistance. 

Wyness101 has already taken on the PotY and will do so during the play-offs.

Feel free to contact us with more offers of help. Previews and reports can be time consuming and any assistance is appreciated.

This post will remain here until the new season starts,so have a think about it and let us know.

23 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I was wondering about doing a fans guide re away matches? Could include home as well. Is this something that you think would be useful? If so Im happy to work on it over the close season.

Hopefully, will be useful next season for visits to the likes of Kilmarnock, Motherwell and Aberdeen.

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I was wondering about doing a fans guide re away matches? Could include home as well. Is this something that you think would be useful? If so Im happy to work on it over the close season.

Great Idea. We have always said this site is a fans' resource so happy to feature anything that is of use or of interest to fans. it does not just have to be previews and reports. Away day info or guides would definitely fall into that category. 

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Great Idea. We have always said this site is a fans' resource so happy to feature anything that is of use or of interest to fans. it does not just have to be previews and reports. Away day info or guides would definitely fall into that category. 

A friendly gesture would be to include a section for fans of away teams visiting Inverness.   Edit: sorry, have just seen you said "could include home as well".

First thing I would do would be to look and see if other clubs have done their own guides - might save you some work, although you could add any information particularly relevant to ICT fans  (eg "IHE is banned from this pub").

Hmmm - a quick search for "fans guide to scottish football grounds" has thrown up these - don't know how good they are:

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/scottish-spl-premier-and-football-league-clubs.html

https://www.scottishgrounds.co.uk/

https://footballtripper.com/europe/scotland/

Edited by snorbens_caleyman

• Scotty unfeatured this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic