In Their Shadow

buckett

You just need to look at how the two clubs have invested in themselves since either of our promotions and you can tell who are the "Big team" now. 

Besides they have a millionaire chucking cash at them and we have been mis managed for goodness knows how long which I hope will change soon 

We still have the edge on wins in the Derbies though, so, you know... silver linings and all that.

Edited by BallisticSheriff
Ive had a dram or two.
  • Like 1

I have little interest in how County do unless they are playing us.

I have no issue with them doing well and having a wealthy benefactor. I certainly wish we had the same. Roy McGregor has the interests of his club and their fans at heart and I admire him for that. They certainly have a much stronger connection between the boardroom and the stands than we have in recent seasons.

That said, whilst wishing County congratulations on almost certainly achieving promotion at the first time of asking, I now intend to ignore them and concentrate on our own efforts to get back into the Premiership.

Not to match County but entirely for our own sakes and the same of the future of our club.

• Like 7
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

For both clubs, it seems there are fans who get more enjoyment from the failures of the other than their own success

Completely agree on the above, we are in danger of becoming like the ugly sisters from Glasgow who are more interested in each other. Do we really care that much about County to constantly looking over the bridge, surely the only time we should be interested is just before we play them.

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I have little interest in how County do unless they are playing us.

I have no issue with them doing well and having a wealthy benefactor. I certainly wish we had the same. Roy McGregor has the interests of his club and their fans at heart and I admire him for that. They certainly have a much stronger connection between the boardroom and the stands than we have in recent seasons.

That said, whilst wishing County congratulations on almost certainly achieving promotion at the first time of asking, I now intend to ignore them and concentrate on our own efforts to get back into the Premiership.

Not to match County but entirely for our own sakes and the same of the future of our club.

Totally agree with Kingsmills as well, possibly we can take a leaf or two from Roy McGregor's book in terms of how he connects with his fans and portrays his club publicly. 

Let's concentrate on ourselves first and foremost, as if our only aim is to be better than County then we'll never improve or reach where we want to be again.

• Agree 2

County deserved it this season, plain and simple, they battled for everything every game and even tonight they were 2 up 3 up.... Did they give up and defend and look forward to going on the **** later no they didn't they battles further and got another goal. An example of how to win a league. If we can't follow them up via they playoffs then it's game over for our club and you can red dot me all you want happy clappers but its now or never fight for the right to participate or bury the club in next few weeks, its as clear and simple as that and you all know its true 

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

County signed 10 players in the summer and another 5 in January.

Thats why they won the league.

Most of their players aren't good enough for the premier and will be freed over the summer...that's what a ruthless and rich chairman gets you. ( also helps to 'connect' with the community ).

If it wasn't for the mediocrity of the challenge in the championship then County wouldn't have found it so easy.

Expect their co-managers to get the sack in the next 12 months. 

That's not their shadow,  it's just a passing cloud.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Satan said:

County signed 10 players in the summer and another 5 in January.

Thats why they won the league.

Most of their players aren't good enough for the premier and will be freed over the summer...that's what a ruthless and rich chairman gets you. ( also helps to 'connect' with the community ).

If it wasn't for the mediocrity of the challenge in the championship then County wouldn't have found it so easy.

Expect their co-managers to get the sack in the next 12 months. 

That's not their shadow,  it's just a passing cloud.

Simply buying players dosent win you a title, buying the RIGHT players and training them accordingly does! 

It was an easy league to win, but all the other teams are guilty of not giving county more competition not the other way around 

• Agree 1

They bought a team in the summer , had an injury scare so bought half a team in January. If we had an extra couple of players we could have matched them. If Neilson was in from August his signings would have see them give more of a challenge. Ayr were in it for a long time which given their resources was excellent.

If only we had a goalscorer, we would have seen a real difference...

• Agree 2

Let's face it the Roy McGregor era we're currently in is county's golden age! Once it's over it's unlikely they'll find another figure so willing to throw money at the club the way he's done and they'll revert to being a peripheral club similar to Elgin or Petterhead (albeit with the benefit of having a derby with their larger local rival 20minutes away ......Inverness CT). 

We, on the other hand, are at one of our lower ebbs in our short but very successful history. We will always be the bigger club, just not always the best run!

Just wait around for a while......we'll be back! 

:wink:

• Agree 1

I agree with the last two posts.  We have to forget about County unless we play them, from the games we played them this season apart from the last one they have been poor and didn't look like league winners.............but there you go.  Look to the future and we will come good again hopefully very soon!

• Like 1

We will always be in their shadow when it comes to running the club Yes they have money but with Roy Macgregor he has the best interest in the Club & community we have never had that we have been mismanaged for so long now and never anyone with a clue in charge Our chance to capitalise the club was after the Scottish Cup Win . This season the Title was there for the taking but we blew it months ago you cant win a league with a small squad that's the difference. County players never gave up in games they train hard & well and are most likely coached well where our players get 3 days off a week and post on Instagram pictures of them out drinking (not just a little bit with some ) another area where we have failed. We cant even finish the league and match last years points then we hear the rummours of the players all wanting to leave . We will always be in Their Shadow ....unfortunately !

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, Satan said:

They bought a team in the summer , had an injury scare so bought half a team in January. If we had an extra couple of players we could have matched them. If Neilson was in from August his signings would have see them give more of a challenge. Ayr were in it for a long time which given their resources was excellent.

image.png  

As for the club in Dungwall they can spend all the money they want. Buy the best players they can to get them promoted we on the other hand work on a tight budget and have done so for years and we have achieved much more than they ever will without money. 

#chequebookclub image.png

11 hours ago, Polo Chick said:

We will always be in their shadow when it comes to running the club Yes they have money but with Roy Macgregor he has the best interest in the Club & community we have never had that we have been mismanaged for so long now and never anyone with a clue in charge Our chance to capitalise the club was after the Scottish Cup Win . This season the Title was there for the taking but we blew it months ago you cant win a league with a small squad that's the difference. County players never gave up in games they train hard & well and are most likely coached well where our players get 3 days off a week and post on Instagram pictures of them out drinking (not just a little bit with some ) another area where we have failed. We cant even finish the league and match last years points then we hear the rummours of the players all wanting to leave . We will always be in Their Shadow ....unfortunately !

That's the spirit!

• Funny 4

On 4/26/2019 at 10:52 PM, Satan said:

Hit the nail on the head my man if we'd had a natural finisher we'd have ran them close need a good striker in for nxt season unless Daniel mackay steps up ! Tbf County were easily the best team in the league was surprised by that thought there managers would've bottled it! Luckily for them Roy speculated to accumulate 

Tell u 1 thing we'll be in there shadow for years now can't keep loosing players for free like Vigurs Polly more or less Drapes and replacing them with traffic cones all be it he's got better and Triffids and expect to get results they've money we don't money talks in football and unless our u18s are like class of 92 and obvs if we don't win the play offs this season could be a rough nxt few seasons ! But make no mistake we'll be back as top dogs unless obvs we go in to liquidation in between times

• Agree 1

Why do we even debate this?  With Global demerging, is it a sign that Uncle Roy may tighten the purse strings.?  Have his sons said enough?  Time will tell but meantime forget what they are doing and get behind our own club.  AS, I thought you were now a White fan and as for Trafford, watch this space my man.....??

4 hours ago, Weekend Hacker said:

Why do we even debate this?  With Global demerging, is it a sign that Uncle Roy may tighten the purse strings.?  Have his sons said enough?  Time will tell but meantime forget what they are doing and get behind our own club.  AS, I thought you were now a White fan and as for Trafford, watch this space my man.....??

Haha aye the big man white Iv defo warmed to him he's improved massively ! Trafford for me the jury's still out doesn't do enough in most games and yet was immense against dufc in the cup hoping he plays like that in the play offs

• Like 1

If ICT has only won say another 5 games (which were there for the taking), instead of drawing so many, we would have gone up. Thing is tho (and this is still relevant) can we afford the costs involved with going up? The current squad would need improved on massively, to be able to compete in the Chamionship. Is the money there if we go up?

Edited by SMEE

8 minutes ago, SMEE said:

If ICT has only won say another 5 games (which were there for the taking), instead of drawing so many, we would have gone up. Thing is tho (and this is still relevant) can we afford the costs involved with going up? The current squad would need improved on massively, to be able to compete in the Chamionship. Is the money there if we go up?

If Livingston can do it on a smaller budget than ourselves I don’t see why not.

• Agree 2