Recommended Posts

Can see why McCall was cheesed off for the 2nd. Hopefully that's one we were owed, and not one we are going to pay for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result! Well done to all involved!

I see McCall griping about offside for our second and it not being a penalty. They will be fired up for Saturday so we need to stay focussed. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Robert said:

Great result! Well done to all involved!

I see McCall griping about offside for our second and it not being a penalty. They will be fired up for Saturday so we need to stay focussed. 

Agreed. Job only half done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Robert said:

Great result! Well done to all involved!

I see McCall griping about offside for our second and it not being a penalty. They will be fired up for Saturday so we need to stay focussed. 

I don't blame him to be fair. Penalty looks soft and White is probably just about offside but I'm happy to take some luck. We are owed it after incidents like the McMullan handball a few weeks back.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result and pleasing to get 3 goals and a two goal cushion to take into second leg.

Very good performances from Trafford and White who seem to get lots of critics on here, but for those of us who were there last night it would only be plaudits

Stand  out performances from both players . Ridgers also made some very good saves but it would have been an injustice if we hadn’t taken a two goal lead  back home as we were by far the better team overall.

Big White showed he can take pens in a pressure situation as he has now done it in the shoot out v Ross County and last night in another . This was as good a pen as you will see in another pressure situation and as Meatloaf would say 

‘Two out of three ain’t bad’

Trafford was superb in the middle of the pitch and scored a great header too. It was a great old fashioned cup tie atmosphere and our fans added to this by really getting behind the team.

One of the best games of the season imo. It was up there with Tannadice in the cup game and as we have proved by winning the away league ,the away games are where we seem to galvanise our best performances.as we seem to be at our best away from home, Maybe it’s becuse teams have to come out against us more away from home but sit in at home .

We will see if this is the case on Saturday as Ayr will have to give it a real go so we should win again .or maybe the backing of the fans way from home helps too.

I have a feeling it’s a bit of both and I’m so glad I can manage to get to most games County away in all games have been great performance 

Whi can forget coming back from three goals down at Palmerston , or the last gasp goal at Tannadice and last night to add to the list .

This squad for all its limitations has a grit and determination about it and as it stands to be on the cusp of a playoff semi final , finish third in league and be in Scottish Cup semi final all adds up to a very good season.

John Robertson deserves a lot of praise and if we go up he is my manager of the season.

No matters what happens in next few weeks The management and team are worthy of praise as we have over achieved  when you look at budgets as by all accounts County .Arabs. Partick,Falkirk and Dunfermline all had bigger budgets than ourselves .

Well done to the team this morning and let’s hope we all get behind them on Saturday to get us over the line to playoff semi finals.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soft Pen?  Maybe.  Offside? Maybe.  Do we deserve a break after some of the sh1t decisions we have had against us.  Of course.  No bus parking Saturday, let's go out and play our game and kill the tie off - sensibly!  Was there another game on last night.......?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gregor said:

This squad for all its limitations has a grit and determination about it and as it stands to be on the cusp of a playoff semi final , finish third in league and be in Scottish Cup semi final all adds up to a very good season.

John Robertson deserves a lot of praise and if we go up he is my manager of the season.

No matters what happens in next few weeks The management and team are worthy of praise as we have over achieved  when you look at budgets as by all accounts County .Arabs. Partick,Falkirk and Dunfermline all had bigger budgets than ourselves .

Wholeheartedly agree Gregor - the Championship is a killer league! Who would have thought last August that Falkirk and Queens would have ended up in the bottom two slots? Has to be marked as a good and successful season even if we don't end up getting over the finish line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result last night. This makes us clear favourites to go through but we must be wary about complacency. Ayr only need to score first and it gets nervy from our perspective. There can be no better example of how to turn around a tie than Liverpool’s stunning performance last night. I am sure Robbo will ensure we don’t let that happen to us. Hopefully there will be a good crowd on Saturday to witness a great game. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result. Follow this up with a professional approach Saturday for the second game. Ayr now have to go for it so getting tactics right would help. Let's get down to Saturday's game in numbers and give the boys the backing they deserve. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No 3 played Jordan on side. One issue to bear in mind if we beat Ayr could be accumulation of bookings. Not sure what the rules are but possibly another advantage for the SPFL side and Dundee United. Clear evidence from the highlights of the danger that Ayr pose. They are very good on the road and were grateful that they did not have the long mid week journey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Great result polish them of on Saturday bring on the Arabs then ! Good on the traffic cone another crucial brace!

Don’t knock the traffic cones they come in handy at times 😂

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to humbly come on here to eat my words. Jordans finish and subsequent penalty were excellent. He has come on as a player in a way I did not think he could. Trafford is another who I thought for a long time was a liability. Happy to be proved wrong by there recent contributions. As someone else said Ayr look incisive and could still be a handful. Not a done deal yet but a great first leg score

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Naelifts said:

I have to humbly come on here to eat my words. Jordans finish and subsequent penalty were excellent. He has come on as a player in a way I did not think he could. Trafford is another who I thought for a long time was a liability. Happy to be proved wrong by there recent contributions. As someone else said Ayr look incisive and could still be a handful. Not a done deal yet but a great first leg score

Well said, it's a pity that some more of his critics don't give him the credit he has deserved for some time now.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the big yins goal drought has finally ended,its been a while , also pleasing to see Trafford has 2 goals to his name as well.

Great things are expected on Saturday!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Satan said:

Can see why McCall was cheesed off for the 2nd. Hopefully that's one we were owed, and not one we are going to pay for. 

Think we are forgetting the far side linesman had a far better view than anyone and he chose not to raise his flag. Think its cloae but cant be sure its offside.regardles sublime finish.

45 minutes ago, Satan said:

Good to see the big yins goal drought has finally ended,its been a while , also pleasing to see Trafford has 2 goals to his name as well.

Great things are expected on Saturday!!

Has been a while but two cracking goals to get his 16th of season

Only 4 championship players with more goals in all competitions than our big traffic cone or donkey as some like to call him 🤣 

Decent season for Big Jordan White imo.

 

 

Edited by Gregor
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.