Play offs

crownjaggie

I'm with Kingsmills as well and given DU have been down for three seasons they'll be used to dealing with the financial aspect of the Championship a lot better than St Mirren probably will, yes they'll have to probably cut but not as drastically as St Mirren.

For me DU have a better squad and some better individuals compared to St Mirren that I'd be glad to see the back of.

53 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

St Mirren will stay up far better team than dufc tbh I'd rather see the Arabs sad to see them down here for years I can still mind there glory days i.e. Gothenberg

Poor effort this time. Nobody will bite.

43 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Care for a wager my man St Mirren will beat them they were on a decent run of form and Utd have a tendency to bottle big games

They didn't bottle the big games against us last week

13 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

They didn't bottle the big games against us last week

Was this helped by cheating at the TCS and the fact they had a goalkeeper? :tongueincheek:

32 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Was this helped by cheating at the TCS and the fact they had a goalkeeper? :tongueincheek:

It was also helped by some very dodgy officiating, where similar incidents in their game last night were dealt with conpletley differently.

• Agree 2

Just now, MorayJaggie said:

It was also helped by some very dodgy officiating, where similar incidents in their game last night were dealt with conpletley differently.

Yes, noticed that.

No a bad game though - didn't intend to watch but flicked over to check the score and I was hooked!

2nd leg on Sunday should be a cracker!

• Like 1

They got what they deserved.

Being a bit ICT biased, I was reluctant to jump on the refereeing bandwagon when they played us.

However, having watched today's game as a neutral with a very slight DUFC bias I'm convinced that all the big decisions seemed to go United's way, including the sending off (which should never have been!). Wonder why that would be?

At least the referees seem to have a bit of consistency now - they all seem to favour Dundee United!!!

So congratulations St Mirren. Down to 10 men and with the referee seemingly a DUFC supporter, they still managed to win!!

Edited by buckett
Added the St Mirren bit.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Given the stick their fans were giving Coll Donaldson on Twitter the night they beat us to get through I'm glad to see DU blow it, although it does show how difficult promotion via the play-offs is, next year they will surely be eyeing top spot, can we pip them to it?

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Given the stick their fans were giving Coll Donaldson on Twitter the night they beat us to get through I'm glad to see DU blow it, although it does show how difficult promotion via the play-offs is, next year they will surely be eyeing top spot, can we pip them to it?

No point in being defeatest. We need to start the season believing that we can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Have the Arabs established a record in failing to convert a single penalty in a shoot out?

I’m sure when we played Stirling Albion in the league cup two summers ago we won 2-0 on penalties.

54 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Of course we can, they are no better than us, apart from last Friday it has been a single goal win for them over us plus, we beat them in the cup.  And then there is the fact that Utd will be rebuilding soon (lots of players will leave or be released) so they will need time to gel.   I believe that if we can start off fast then we'll win the title with a few matches to spare. Again, a lot rests on how many players we lose too, the less, the better as that means we will have more or less the same squad as this season. 

Anything is possible with King Robbo at the helm :ictscarf:

Dundee derbies will add another dimension. If we can get ahead early in the season would be good. Utd did not deserve to win today. But then they didn't deserve to beat caley. Hopefully they don't bring in many players and keep the current ones. 

Happy for St Midden, they deserved it more, but disappointed that we'll have to face the tangerine tw@ts again next season. Would like to have seen the back of them but it does give us 4 opportunities to stick it right up 'em next year!

Edited by CaleyCanary
  • Agree 1

Whether it's fair ,or whether we like it or not, ICT will invariably be seen as the "wee-er "of the teams and always , seemingly to the beaks, playing above our place in the general scheme of things  and who should stay in the lower leagues where they belong and will always be seen, though, as a danger to their plans.

Hence, despite the wrath of J R to recent events , there simply will not be much change. He will have to counsel our team to be ultra careful not to give-away soft or stupid penalties and bad fouls,  control individual tempers and  not to do things that give refs an opportunity to come down on ICT like a ton of bricks. So, what about "heat of the moment " tantrums though--well, JR will simply have to say "play on MacDuff and don't respond to deliberate dunts.

In other sports, teams hire what they call "enforcers" ....they go after opposing players who deliberately do  bad things and make them pay a high price. Especially when it's behind the ref''s back and such players have honed their emotional skills to make it seem as if the other player started the fracas in the first place.

Also, ICT can school their players to commence a whispering campaign whereby the blue shirt whispers in the ear of the other offending player that if he does that again he will land up in hospital before the end of the game AND then get JR to hire a very large and imposing defender----er maybe Alan Simpson will be interested what with your talking skills you can bamboozle the  guy from the first sentence and sow the fear of death into him from one of your scowls accompanied by a reflex of your muscular flame. something like..    "Listen, Jimmy, wanna Go.....?

Anyway, roll on next season. Hope John Robertson stays on.

P.S. Lovely day here in La La Land...sun's out and Spring is springing. Time for me to get on the bike and limber up for a walkie in the sun..eh?

18 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Of course we can, they are no better than us, apart from last Friday it has been a single goal win for them over us plus, we beat them in the cup.  And then there is the fact that Utd will be rebuilding soon (lots of players will leave or be released) so they will need time to gel.   I believe that if we can start off fast then we'll win the title with a few matches to spare. Again, a lot rests on how many players we lose too, the less, the better as that means we will have more or less the same squad as this season. 

Anything is possible with King Robbo at the helm :ictscarf:

If we have the same squad as last season minus our best player Polly wer screwed these boys fell woefully short in the league wer needing new faces specially up front!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Facepalm 1

That's strange 2 red dots for pointing out the truth the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over so how the fcuk are players who finished 15 points of the top now minus our stand out player gonna win the league it's obvious the squad needs changing up bin a few few newbies in!

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1