ICT Youth in Highland League.

5 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Would they be playing at the TCS or a groundshare with Clach?

What would it do to the pitch if two teams were playing frequently on it?  And it would require the Highland League and the SPFL to liaise over scheduling of fixtures.    :argue:

OTOH, Clach would want money for a groundshare....

But I've read the P&J article, and it all makes sense.  Keeping the lads together instead of loaning them out, and taking part in a competitive league, would be great if we could somehow pull it off.

22 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

What would it do to the pitch if two teams were playing frequently on it?  And it would require the Highland League and the SPFL to liaise over scheduling of fixtures.    :argue:

OTOH, Clach would want money for a groundshare....

But I've read the P&J article, and it all makes sense.  Keeping the lads together instead of loaning them out, and taking part in a competitive league, would be great if we could somehow pull it off.

simple. clach need players, have a ground etc etc. it's about time the inverness football community got together and build from the foundations up.

• Agree 3

Putting individual loyalties aside (smile) why don't Clach conjoin with Caley Thistle and form a really solid, successful, upwardly mobile unit?

This would increase the chances of getting into the Premier league as a permanent home, better teams would be visiting Inverness and it would do absolutely no harm to the status of the Highlands and Inverness in particular.

Serious replies welcome...no abuse please.:cool: 

9 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

it's about time the inverness football community got together and build from the foundations up.

Agreed, although I am sure that there will still be local opposition.

I don't know how far back you go, but in HL days it was like George Orwell's "1984", in which there are three superpowers, with two always allied and at war with the third.  But the allies and enemies are constantly changing.

In Sneck, whichever two teams that weren't doing so well would float the idea of a merger to go into the Scottish League. But the team which was doing best would say "No way!  We will do that on our own.". 

And so nothing happened for a long time, until 1994.

1 minute ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Putting individual loyalties aside (smile) why don't Clach conjoin with Caley Thistle and form a really solid, successful, upwardly mobile unit

I'm sure the idea of Clach as a feeder team for Caley Thistle was around back at the time that CT was created.   It could still make sense, although the question of how closely they would "conjoin" would come up.  I assume you mean that they would still compete in the HL.

Many people would want Clach to retain their own identity and ground.   Selling their ground for redevelopment might be an obvious idea, but to me it doesn't appear to be ideally located for either residential or commercial development.

I suspect that the current Board at ICT has enough to do in working out how to keep the club afloat, without spending time considering the pros and cons of a merger with Clach.  But if someone is working on long-term planning, then it should certainly be an option to be considered.

This is an opportunity to sit down with Clach and really set a pathway for ICT youth players.

*Clach have a very limited player budget but could subsidise the ICT players wage

*ICT cannot afford a reserve team so Clach continue funding the SHFL team bur save on signing on fees.

There are so many benefits here for both clubs if they just see sense and sit down round the table.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

This is an opportunity to sit down with Clach and really set a pathway for ICT youth players.

*Clach have a very limited player budget but could subsidise the ICT players wage

*ICT cannot afford a reserve team so Clach continue funding the SHFL team bur save on signing on fees.

There are so many benefits here for both clubs if they just see sense and sit down round the table.

Coach have thrown their lot in with County and the issues with Savage and Sutherland loom in the background. Having had my son involved in the Development side the spiteful view of ICT by many of their coaches is petty and I don’t see this changing in the near future.

The Highland league is becoming too Aberdeen/East coast centric.  With the loss of Thistle, Caley, Elgin and County to the Scottish league,  there needs to be more teams being involved that actually come from the Highlands, whether it be colt teams from this area or teams from North Caledonian league promoted. 

11 hours ago, Tree said:

Coach have thrown their lot in with County and the issues with Savage and Sutherland loom in the background. Having had my son involved in the Development side the spiteful view of ICT by many of their coaches is petty and I don’t see this changing in the near future.

Clach have not "thrown their lot in with County" so I don't know where you got that from.

53 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

Clach have not "thrown their lot in with County" so I don't know where you got that from.

1st hand experience and speaking with a number of their coaches 

12 minutes ago, Tree said:

1st hand experience and speaking with a number of their coaches 

maybe you should speak to the chairman and manager. they are both more qualified to give you club policy.

4 hours ago, caleyboy said:

maybe you should speak to the chairman and manager. they are both more qualified to give you club policy.

Seems more necessary for Alex to ask his Head of Development why he is pursuing an anti Caley agenda. I've sat in meetings and heard it and seen the application

1 hour ago, Tree said:

Seems more necessary for Alex to ask his Head of Development why he is pursuing an anti Caley agenda. I've sat in meetings and heard it and seen the application

interesting. i will let Alex know what Mr Mullheron is saying. i take it Alex and Brian were not at these meetings. What "application" are you referring to? there is more to clach than the youth development side of things.

Edited by caleyboy

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

interesting. i will let Alex know what Mr Mullheron is saying. i take it Alex and Brian were not at these meetings. What "application" are you referring to? there is more to clach than the youth development side of things.

Indeed not but rest assured it is not just Rab by any strech.

Blocking requests from ICT for trialling kids but setting up trials (not just allowing following a request) thereafter with County is pretty blatant favouratism.

Silimilary, sitting telling parents that ICT are the antichrist is also common.

Aware that there are many layers but I seen nothing recently to suggest that there is a desire to form a partnership. As an aside, the held view with many in the club is that Clach are looking across the bridge

38 minutes ago, Tree said:

Indeed not but rest assured it is not just Rab by any strech.

Blocking requests from ICT for trialling kids but setting up trials (not just allowing following a request) thereafter with County is pretty blatant favouratism.

Silimilary, sitting telling parents that ICT are the antichrist is also common.

Aware that there are many layers but I seen nothing recently to suggest that there is a desire to form a partnership. As an aside, the held view with many in the club is that Clach are looking across the bridge

Wow it seems the people you have met with certainly have a problem. Not the kind of setup I would put my child into so the sooner Chis knows the better!!!!!

County have a pathway for their youth and young pros - we don't  beyond 18's. If Clach tied up with county they would only get players not good enough for their teams. On the other hand if they get the full time boys at ICT they would get them all including the better players YES/NO ? simples.

Since I've lost touch with all the footie things, apart from Caley Thistle that is,  then all this cloak and dagger stuff and "he says  she says" , most of which seems non productive and even against the existence of Caley Thistle, seems mindless and counter-productive to any real thought of progress In the Capital of the Highlands relating to the major development of one really strong and impressive city team.

Financially, a merger just seems to be a no-brainer which will strengthen the hopes and progress of a merged team tremendously. I am not putting down past loyalties to one team or the other but, individually, neither Caley nor Clach can make any real impact in the Scottish Leagues without it IMHO.

If Clach had the potential resources to do this then they  would have  taken action to achieve this before now. They can now (IMHO) be only a feeder team to Caley from this point and so why not jump on the bandwagon and merge forces so that the whole of inverness is behind them? Why not?  Such a joining of loyalties and energy from both sides could make such a difference in the income of the club, support for the team and set the tone for future goals and how to achieve these goals and earn respect from the upper echelons of Scottish Footie in spades.Plain as a pikestaff!

Maybe ICT could meet up with the movers and shakers of Clachnacuddin and work out a formula to achieve this. Great Oaks from Little Acorns grow. Aye!