ICT Youth in Highland League.

Cue Charlie B again SP - But the 1994 had a "forever" effect on Inverness based football. Many refuseniks went to their favoured SPL teams, Many went over the bridge as the hatred was always directed at Hellgin NOT County, Clachers felt deserted and went against ICT too. That "rift" has NEVER been resolved - in fact it was deepened by the success of ICT. Inverness is more of a divided city now as it ever has been. Our success has kept us afloat

• Agree 1

Let's hope we see alot more involvement with them in the first team next season. 

As for putting a colts team In the highland league. We need more info on where games would be played etc....If they played at Caledonian stadium can the pitch take it with a game every week? What are the ground standards you need to play in highland League as I don't think we could use a the likes of highland football academy.

5 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

What are the ground standards you need to play in highland League as I don't think we could use a the likes of highland football academy.

I had a look at the rules yesterday.   http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/History/Item/SHFLConstitutionRules2018-19.pdf   The ones concerning the ground are:

2.3.1 All clubs must confirm in writing that their ground is available to them on every Saturday of the season and also that the ground is available for midweek fixtures throughout the season.

7.1.2 All matches must be played on a ground where a gate can be taken. ...

7.6.1 Each Club shall ensure that the field of play at its Registered Ground and at any other ground at which it is the Home Club for a League Match or Play-Off Match is:
smooth and in good condition and repair;
and equipped with an efficient and effective drainage system so as to minimize the chance of the pitch becoming unplayable due to flooding.

There are also rules about when pitch inspections must take place, and on protecting the pitch before and after a game and at half-time, when it may be used for warm-ups, warm-downs, etc.

But nothing about facilities, either for spectators or for players. I am surprised that there is no mention of health and safety requirements, or of licensing of the ground.  Edit: club licensing, including H&S and ground facilities, is the responsibility of the SFA.  https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/club-licensing/    And I had missed the floodlight requirement in rule 2.1: All Clubs must be full members of the Scottish F A with floodlights to a lux level determined by the League Management Committee of the [Highland] League.

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
info about club licensing and floodlights

2 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

2.3.1 All clubs must confirm in writing that their ground is available to them on every Saturday of the season ...

It's just occurred to me that this surely rules out a Highland League team having Caledonian Stadium as their Registered Ground, since it certainly won't be available to them on every Saturday.

There is another rule which says that Saturday games must start at 3pm, unless the two sides agree otherwise and it is approved by the HL secretary.  Nairn, for example, traditionally have a late kick-off on the day of the Nairn Games.   But I am sure that no team would be allowed to do that regularly.  I guess it also implicitly requires the ground to have floodlights.

Similarly, there is another rule which says that a club can play home games at another ground if they are "temporarily dispossessed".  But again I can't see a club being allowed to do that regularly.

However, rules are made to be broken - or at least to be the starting point for discussions.

1 hour ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

It’s funny how people are for this but as soon as Rangers and Celtic want to have colt teams everyone has a meltdown. 

I just want to better the youth players and if we can do that by having a colt team in the highland league then lets do it.

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

I just want to better the youth players and if we can do that by having a colt team in the highland league then lets do it.

At least let's make the effort and try. Cultivating our own players has to be the future and this would certainly help.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

It’s funny how people are for this but as soon as Rangers and Celtic want to have colt teams everyone has a meltdown. 

Might have something to do with the fact that they're majorly financially backed and would dominate every single season. Our Colt side would be relatively fair opposition...

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Cue Charlie B again SP - But the 1994 had a "forever" effect on Inverness based football. 

Not a chance. I've already made this year's contribution, so am content to leave IHE to his Senior Citizen's Inverness football fantasy, apparently inspired by some bizarre Faustian relationship with flares, male perms, dodgy stamps and gallons of Scotsmac in the Howden End. The world has moved on a long way since an argument that was settled before the turn of the millennium. Over, and well and truly out.

4 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

If the Gruesome Twosome want to enter colt teams in the Lowland League, they can knock themselves out. It’s the expansion of the league to allow them entry I object to. 

• Agree 2

Haven’t checked this, but I think this is probably just paper talk as any ‘Colts’ entry in the HL would require a vote and a rule change at SFA level. I think at the moment, clubs are barred from having two teams as part of the Professional Game Board, which includes the HL. Spartans of the LL had a reserve side in the EOSL, while the EOSL was outside the pyramid, but they don’t now.

2 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

If the Gruesome Twosome want to enter colt teams in the Lowland League, they can knock themselves out. It’s the expansion of the league to allow them entry I object to. 

Lowland league isn’t even the bottom tier. 

For what it’s worth if they have an odd number of teams, or don’t promote a team such as Banks O’Dee then I don’t see a problem with us playing the team who has a spare weekend in a friendly. Joining the league is just the same as the old firm wanting their colts in and I disagree with that too. 

23 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

For what it’s worth if they have an odd number of teams, or don’t promote a team such as Banks O’Dee then I don’t see a problem with us playing the team who has a spare weekend in a friendly. Joining the league is just the same as the old firm wanting their colts in and I disagree with that too. 

this was done many many years ago

1 hour ago, Satan said:

A friendly against HL will be just that - no player wants an injury on their weekend off from league business.

Need competitive matches to prep the youngsters.

A colt team in the highland league would never be taken seriously. They are a joke. Why the sudden change of heart? We’ve all hated the colt teams in the challenge cup but now it benefits us you want to introduce it. 

16 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

A colt team in the highland league would never be taken seriously. They are a joke. Why the sudden change of heart? We’ve all hated the colt teams in the challenge cup but now it benefits us you want to introduce it. 

It really is all about DEVELOPMENT, getting capable youth players competing against MEN in a COMPETITIVE environment. If we can't afford to do our own thing In the SFL reserve league then the only option is to tie in with Clach and use them as our Development squad.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, IBM said:

It will definitely not happen so the club will have to think of something else. 

that being the case, we are wasting our money on youth development as we have no pathway for these youngsters to progress.

Why do we not try and do a deal with Fort William. They are in Inverness shire, and are always looking for good players. Our youngsters could be just the shot in the arm that they are looking for, and give our boys a good introduction into the mens game.

• Like 1

Just now, Jaggernaut said:

Why do we not try and do a deal with Fort William. They are in Inverness shire, and are always looking for good players. Our youngsters could be just the shot in the arm that they are looking for, and give our boys a good introduction into the mens game.

good point

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

The difference is there would be a vacancy which we would apply for under the rules. The SPFL seem hellbent on parachutting OF teams whatever. I dont see any vacancies in the championship? 

Im not totally sold on the idea but we need to find some pathway for the young players.