ICT Youth in Highland League.

37 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Why do we not try and do a deal with Fort William. They are in Inverness shire, and are always looking for good players. Our youngsters could be just the shot in the arm that they are looking for, and give our boys a good introduction into the mens game.

Agree with your sentiment about them needed a playing boost however they are well and truly in the middle of lochaber and not Inverness shire.

48 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Agree with your sentiment about them needed a playing boost however they are well and truly in the middle of lochaber and not Inverness shire.

As far as I know, Fort William still play at Claggan Park, which Is In Fort William, which I

I think you may have to swot up on your geography.  Fort William is the second largest settlement in inverness shire after Inverness, followed by Fort Augustus and Portree. I have been to Claggan Park on many an occasion, to watch inverness Thistle play,   and I can confirm that it is definitely in Fort William, which is in Inverness shire. If you google it, I think you will find that I am correct.

20 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I think you may have to swot up on your geography.  Fort William is the second largest settlement in inverness shire after Inverness, followed by Fort Augustus and Portree. I have been to Claggan Park on many an occasion, to watch inverness Thistle play,   and I can confirm that it is definitely in Fort William, which is in Inverness shire. If you google it, I think you will find that I am correct.

Yes but using similar logic Harris, the Uists and Barra used to be part of Inverness shire. Link up with Tarbert AFC??

8 minutes ago, Tree said:

Yes but using similar logic Harris, the Uists and Barra used to be part of Inverness shire. Link up with Tarbert AFC??

That might be a bit more difficult logistically, and expensive for the players and the club to get there, Instead of just going down the A82.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

By your Google search the website you've chosen to base your brilliant knowledge of geography on also had moray as part of Inverness shire. However ordnance survey maps the aa road maps and Wikipedia (not 100%) accurate all place it bang slap in the middle of lochaber. Inverness shire stops just south of fort Augustus. Please don't use goggle to study for any geography exams you may be waiting to sit.

• Facepalm 1

I didn't google it, I know my Scottish geography,  and I will leave you with your delusion. My studies have been over for more than 40 years, and geography was one of the subjects that I excelled in, especially in Scotlands shires. There were 33 shires in Scotland, so by your logic, if Fort William wasn't in inverness shire, what shire do you think it was in?. The regions have now changed names, Highland for instance, but Inverness shire was the second biggest shire in Britain,  after Yorkshire and stretched from inverness to fort william. But a person convinced against their will is of the same opinion still.

6 hours ago, caleyboy said:

that being the case, we are wasting our money on youth development as we have no pathway for these youngsters to progress.

6 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Why not?

I agree we need a pathway for youngsters to progress but I am certain that the Highland League will not accept a colt ICT team.

• Agree 1

I was brought up in Fort William and my postal address before postcodes came in was Fort William, Invernessshire.

When Highland Region was formed, Lochaber District Council came into being, but Lochaber was never a "shire" so Invernessshire it was and is.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

It would certainly be news to the people of Fort William if Fort William turned out not to be in Inverness-shire...

On entering a colt side into the highland league, I think it could be good for club. However like others have said, I’m not too sure I’m entirely comfortable with the idea of colt sides competing against senior clubs. Mind you should the highland league clubs be happy with such a move then it might be a bit of a no brainer.

In any case, there really needs to be some recognised mechanism for us to develop young players that are older than 18

• Agree 4

38 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What about an Americanisation with a deep misaning - Kingsmill Inferno ?

What a wonderful magnanimous suggestion from you, to keep the Jaggies name alive. That Is truly splendid of you sir, well played. It's a yes from me.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:32 AM, Jaggernaut said:

What a wonderful magnanimous suggestion from you, to keep the Jaggies name alive. That Is truly splendid of you sir, well played. It's a yes from me.

We could enter the park to the music - Burn baby Burn Kingsmill Inferno ?

On 5/13/2019 at 1:44 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Why do we not try and do a deal with Fort William. They are in Inverness shire, and are always looking for good players. Our youngsters could be just the shot in the arm that they are looking for, and give our boys a good introduction into the mens game.

The issue with taking over a team is that we then are subject to SFA player registration and then if we want to move players between the colts and the first we can only do it twice in a season. Having a colts would allow the club to move players freely between the first team and the colts 

2 hours ago, Intheness said:

The issue with taking over a team is that we then are subject to SFA player registration and then if we want to move players between the colts and the first we can only do it twice in a season. Having a colts would allow the club to move players freely between the first team and the colts 

Unfortunately It is highly unlikely that ICT will gain entry to SHFL.