Dundee Utd Team

WYNESS101

Ridgers

Rooney McCart Donaldson McHattie

Trafford Chalmers

Doran Polworth Walsh

White

Looking at the Dundee Utd squad they have pace on both wings which will cause us issues. I would start with Rooney at RB instead of Mckay. I would also say Robbo needs to use all three subs on Tuesday to keep legs fresh and not leave it till the last 10 mins

Any news on Tremarco?

I see the club offer print at home match tickets now. Great for those fans who have been put off by a 50 yard walk to the main stand to buy a ticket before going to the turnstiles. Buy online, print at home and head on in. Easy!

I see the price has been bumped up too, wonder what cost for the final matches, should we get there?

I'd say the spfl should know this will affect reported attendances, but I'm sure they are aware and couldn't give a toss anyway.

4 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Ridgers

Rooney McCart Donaldson McHattie

Trafford Chalmers

Doran Polworth Walsh

White

Looking at the Dundee Utd squad they have pace on both wings which will cause us issues. I would start with Rooney at RB instead of Mckay. I would also say Robbo needs to use all three subs on Tuesday to keep legs fresh and not leave it till the last 10 mins

Any news on Tremarco?

I met Walsh at the TCS this morning off to see the physio, not hamstring he thinks but unlikely to start tomorrow if play at all. Tremarco was only other player there which tells me he's not ready and off to see physio too

On that basis and after what I saw at the weekend I'm going for 

Ridgers 

Rooney McCart Donaldson Mchattie 

Trafford Chalmers polworth  Macdonald

Doran 

Austin 

Edited by CableGuy

13 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Not unexpected to put the price up. It's only £3 extra, and for the next level of game, no big deal really. 

Plus £8 per child under 12so a family of three would pay an extra £19. Family friendly club? Why scrap the under 12's free just pricing games out of family budgest. Ludicrous. Especially as the spfl takes a sizeable chunk of the cash to fund the parachute payment for the premier league side.

Edited by MorayJaggie
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Plus £8 per child under 12so a family of three would pay an extra £19. Family friendly club? Why scrap the under 12's free just pricing games out of family budgest. Ludicrous. Especially as the spfl takes a sizeable chunk of the cash to fund the parachute payment for the premier league side.

I think its minimum pricing set by spfl 

Whilst not too bothered at prices personally I do conceed this has caught a lot of folk out. Families thinking they had paid for season for instance. As above a family of mum, dad and 2 kids would be an extra £46 tomorrow night. 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I think its minimum pricing set by spfl 

Whilst not too bothered at prices personally I do conceed this has caught a lot of folk out. Families thinking they had paid for season for instance. As above a family of mum, dad and 2 kids would be an extra £46 tomorrow night. 

I believe the pricing for this one under spfl rules is the same as the quarter final. But could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

I believe the pricing for this one under spfl rules is the same as the quarter final. But could be wrong. 

I suspect you're correct, I did a quick online search and couldn't find anything concrete but Dundee Utd are advertising the second leg at the same prices - I'd say this backs up your theory.

Also keeps it in line with the final ticket prices as a consistent rise in price which to be honest I'd say is expected.

32 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I suspect you're correct, I did a quick online search and couldn't find anything concrete but Dundee Utd are advertising the second leg at the same prices - I'd say this backs up your theory.

Also keeps it in line with the final ticket prices as a consistent rise in price which to be honest I'd say is expected.

https://spfl.co.uk/cms-content/images/shares/pdfs/Rules and Regulations SPFL 8_10_2018.pdf

C26A Except with the consent of the Board which may, in exceptional circumstances and on cause shown, permit, in the case of an individual Premiership/Championship Play-Off Match or Matches, that alternative minimum price or prices to be charged by the relevant Home Club, the minimum prices for ground admission that must be charged by a Home Club for tickets to and/or admission of spectators to a Premiership/Championship Play-Off Match at its Home Ground shall be:

(i) other than for ties in the final round of such Play-Off Matches in any Season -adults: £12.00 per person;

(ii) for ties in the final round of such Play-Off Matches in any Season -adults: £18.00 per person;

(iii) other than for ties in the final round of such Play-Off Matches in any Season - juveniles, senior citizens and all other concessionary ticket admissions: £6.00 per person; and

(iv) for ties in the final round of such Play-Off Matches in any Season - juveniles, senior citizens and all other concessionary ticket admissions: £12.00 per person.

C26B Clubs shall not include or provide for admission to a Premiership/Championship Play-Off Match within any ‘season ticket’, ‘season book’ or like or equivalent arrangement sold or otherwise issued by any Club in relation to any Season, part of any Season or other series of matches. All spectator admissions to a Premiership/Championship Play-Off Match, whether ticketed or not, must be individually charged for at least at the minimum prices specified above or, as the case may be, alternative minimum permitted price or prices consented to by the Board

5 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

image.png

Why put it up?

Can't see it being a big attendance anyway with it being a Tuesday night.

It really should be a big attendance irrespective of the night given the importance of the game but I somehow doubt it. In my opinion, it will not be because of the price but the apathy the people of Inverness show towards ICT. Too many of our supporters also seem to want to pay as little as possible to watch us, dropping the price hasn't worked in the past and no reason why it should on this occasion.

Being in the play-offs at all means that we have finished in a higher league position than we did last year and benefit from a not inconsiderable extra amount of prize money as a result.  Any income from the play-offs is therefore a bonus.  The priority IMHO should be to get as many people into the ground as possible to provide the support for the team, and that means charging minimum prices.

Some of us are fortunate that the price is not a consideration, but for the large number of fans whose finances are pretty tight and  who want to bring the family along, buying tickets at the minimum price even, represents a significant outlay which they were not expecting.  Upping the price to midway between the minimum and the minimum for the final round is a further £10  on top of Saturday's £36 for 2 adults and 2 children.  That will be enough to discourage some.   Good marketing on social media and other channels could have emphasised the need for a good support and to state that the club has priced the game at the minimum allowed in order to help as many people as possible get to the game might have encouraged a significant number of folk to make the effort.  It would have been good PR..

I expect the higher price being charged will result in a smaller crowd but will still bring in more money than had the price been kept to the minimum.  But that is not the point.  As I say, any profit from the game is a bonus, what really matters is to get the fans in to cheer the team on in what is the most important game of the season so far.

• Like 1

The club themselves admitted they would be operating at a loss putting on the ayr game due to the amount of money the spfl take from the revenue generated from ticket sales. The club unless we win promotion will have eaten into that extra 75000 we got for finishing 3rd over 4th. Not having gone through the system before it's annoying and shocking how the spfl can actually male clubs run at a loss to host a match just to fund their parachute payments. 

Don's tactic board is better than watching Neville and Carragher on Monday Night football. Oh and if you want to pay bargain basement prices then expect bargain basement fare. I don't really want to see "nosey parkers" jut committed fans. Could have been worse - we could have been travelling to Baku.

3 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

I'm hoping we start with Austin leave the big fella as the late impact player gotta go on the front foot Utd are no great shakes a draw here and beat them in front of the tangerine army Friday night

Good thinking, let’s drop our top scorer for a guy who has done nothing. Any other pearls of wisdom to share just in case Robbo reads the forum ? 

• Funny 4

5 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Cheers Johndo, you made the preview this week. :banana:

What I recall Bob Hite saying was "Johndo, Every time you do your thing, Do your thing outlaw, Sic 'em pigs on you; Feelin' good have some fun. Go down town but don't you. Don't you wonder round. Sic 'em pigs on you."

• Agree 1

"Caley Thistle will be without winger Tom Walsh through a hamstring injury picked up in Saturday’s game against Ayr, while skipper Carl Tremarco remains sidelined with a calf problem. Brad Mckay will be assessed following an ankle injury."

From the P & J