Inverness CT -V- Dundee Utd (Playoff leg 1)

Scotty

It's not the first time that we have fallen under the ref's decision in similar cases but apparently he was not a good referee anyway. But if high heels were the reason for the sending off then our team has to keep that in mind and come our wearing plimsoles.

Either way, it is what it is and we will have to get over it but deffo no appeal should be made since I don't think for a minute that the Beaks care a hoot about such an appeal from ICT.  And let's not forget that they favour bad refs …..so...…?

To me it looked absolutely blatant that the Dundee United player stooped his head while polworth raised his leg. How that can be seen as a “high boot” is astonishing beyond words, and a clearly incorrect decision. While I can see that the referee at the time may believe it was a high boot, surely there can be no mistaking that the decision was wrong and therefore it should be overturned ahead of the second leg? Then again I doubt we will receive such benefit 

Edited by EdinburghCaley

As much as it potentially a red, I'm actually excited now at the prospect of Robbo now having no choice but to start Macdonald on Friday. I know polworth has had his moments over the years, but the jury's still very much out as to his effectiveness pace passing and reading of the game. The short spells we've seen of Macdonald I think hes been superb and creates movements and injects a bit of pace into an otherwise static mf at times. This is our last chance and as much as we were very unlucky not to get a goal or 2 before DU on Tuesday we still don't have no route to goal on the ground and the only time we seem to threaten is with a set piece or a shot to nothing coming off. It's so unfortunate that as it stands we've lost what I have considered to be our best mf pairing over the season, Welsh and Walsh and still have no real goal threat. White as much as he got the 2 headers was very slow to react to movement from Doran but perhaps that's just his character not sure u can teach that, its a killer instinct. I'm really excited for tomorrow night and really think after Tuesday that we can steal something from this but it's going to mean more than our strikers getting on the end of the ball. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

As much as it potentially a red, I'm actually excited now at the prospect of Robbo now having no choice but to start Macdonald on Friday. I know polworth has had his moments over the years, but the jury's still very much out as to his effectiveness pace passing and reading of the game. The short spells we've seen of Macdonald I think hes been superb and creates movements and injects a bit of pace into an otherwise static mf at times. This is our last chance and as much as we were very unlucky not to get a goal or 2 before DU on Tuesday we still don't have no route to goal on the ground and the only time we seem to threaten is with a set piece or a shot to nothing coming off. It's so unfortunate that as it stands we've lost what I have considered to be our best mf pairing over the season, Welsh and Walsh and still have no real goal threat. White as much as he got the 2 headers was very slow to react to movement from Doran but perhaps that's just his character not sure u can teach that, its a killer instinct. I'm really excited for tomorrow night and really think after Tuesday that we can steal something from this but it's going to mean more than our strikers getting on the end of the ball. 

Your view of a footballer certainly differs from mine

Polworth and White are very good footballers and the fact that teams like Motherwell are signing Polly is evidence to this.

White has been top scorer with us and also been top scorer with other clubs he has been with, he also can link up play on the deck as well as be good in the air.

i certainly would much rather Polworth was in the team than out of it.

Can’t understand the criticism that Liam takes at times when he has been very good for the club. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

26 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Polworth and White are very good footballers and the fact that teams like Motherwell are signing Polly is evidence to this.

White has been top scorer with us and also been top scorer with other clubs he has been with, he also can link up play on the deck as well as be good in the air.

Can’t understand the criticism that Liam takes at times when he has been very good for the club. 

I couldn't agree more.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 2

Any thoughts on starting team, formation, who for subs... whatever the line up I think they should go out and enjoy the game and have a right go. The team are capable and have enough skill, resilience and determination to produce a result.  Calls for cool heads and strong hearts. ?✊?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, CableGuy said:

I agree with you regarding Macdonald and I've been encouraged by the bits I've seen of him, I do believe he brings a bit more directness to the team however that's where my agreement ends.

This is not a game we want Robbo's hand twisted in to have no alternatives and we need our best players available especially given who we have out. We need the likes of Walsh, Welsh and Polly available and the use of the bench and effectiveness this season highlights this need. For me Polly is one of these players that you truly don't know what he brings to the team until he isn't there and my fear on Friday is exactly that. He doesn't get the plaudits he deserves and is an easy target for people to point the finger at. I really hope I am proved wrong and hopefully in a good way we don't miss him.   

I'm not sure what more White has to do either to prove his worth and a lot of ICT fans are very fickle in their outlook, he's our top scorer and brings a lot to the team. He's struggled not having an effective partner up front who can run off him which will hopefully change next season but don't forget he's still young, learning and has drastically improved this season and imo will get better. I'd rather him as an improving player already scoring goals than Austin who's not improving and not scoring goals.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I agree with you regarding Macdonald and I've been encouraged by the bits I've seen of him, I do believe he brings a bit more directness to the team however that's where my agreement ends.

This is not a game we want Robbo's hand twisted in to have no alternatives and we need our best players available especially given who we have out. We need the likes of Walsh, Welsh and Polly available and the use of the bench and effectiveness this season highlights this need. For me Polly is one of these players that you truly don't know what he brings to the team until he isn't there and my fear on Friday is exactly that. He doesn't get the plaudits he deserves and is an easy target for people to point the finger at. I really hope I am proved wrong and hopefully in a good way we don't miss him.   

I'm not sure what more White has to do either to prove his worth and a lot of ICT fans are very fickle in their outlook, he's our top scorer and brings a lot to the team. He's struggled not having an effective partner up front who can run off him which will hopefully change next season but don't forget he's still young, learning and has drastically improved this season and imo will get better. I'd rather him as an improving player already scoring goals than Austin who's not improving and not scoring goals.

I agree with all you say there MrCaleyjag. 

7 hours ago, Gregor said:

If you truly believe polworth and white are very good footballers I despair really 

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, IBM said:

Don't be like that ? I hope to see you next week ?

How you doing? I’m still MiA. Hoping next time I see you will be in the Premier league Even next week still won’t be able unfortunately ?

Edited by jagster

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

If you truly believe polworth and white are very good footballers I despair really 

I don’t think I’m the only one mate ,so please don’t despair on my behalf I’m ok thanks ?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Gregor said:

I don’t think I’m the only one mate ,so please don’t despair on my behalf I’m ok thanks ?

Haha that's the major downfall of this forum and why so many apart from the same tired old names appear on every thread, it's just a clique for happy clappers. Disagree or have an alternative opinion and your ostracised. Gotta agree with everything and stay in with the old whingers. Kingsmills as for you I don't care how courteous u think u are, your always quick to jump on anyone that has an alternate opinion to yours as wrong, maybe for once realise that others opinions are up for debate but are not always wrong because you don't agree. 

• Facepalm 1

I am so confused at how people don't think that Liam's tackle is not a red. His studs are at 90 degrees and 3 foot off the deck and he makes contact with his head. It's not malicious and no intent but it's dangerous and therefore a straight red - we can have no complaints 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Haha that's the major downfall of this forum and why so many apart from the same tired old names appear on every thread, it's just a clique for happy clappers. Disagree or have an alternative opinion and your ostracised. Gotta agree with everything and stay in with the old whingers. Kingsmills as for you I don't care how courteous u think u are, your always quick to jump on anyone that has an alternate opinion to yours as wrong, maybe for once realise that others opinions are up for debate but are not always wrong because you don't agree. 

The irony of your post is lost on your self ? 

10 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Hilarious dickhead 

Thanks mate 

Now you are being all inclusive 

First word of your post refers to me and second refers to your good self

enjoy the game tonight ?

Edited by Gregor
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

............. but we continue to wonder why we lose users on this forum? 

Well I for one hardly post anything on here now for the pure reason unless it's to say everything is rosey at the TCS, I get slated and attacked. 

This has reiterated why I don't bother and will avoid even more so 

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic