Do or die - Dundee Utd (A), Fri 17th May

MrCaleyjag

So on the eve of our biggest and potentially last game of the season, who's all going and who's all watching on tv/listening on the radio?

I am travelling down to Edinburgh after work tomorrow so might just stop off for a rest in Dundee on my way down, it would be the first ICT game I've been to without Caleyjag.

It's all or nothing to be honest and I fully expect Robbo to have the boys firmly fired up and ready to go, I'm trying to temper my excitement as it often leads to disappointment but I truly believe we can take the game to Utd and come away with a result.

Would love to stick it up to everyone that doesn't believe or doesn't want us to win. 

• Like 1

I was intending on going, but I found out that there's only one coach going and it's fully booked.

All other options are out the window as Scotrail is wanting £60 for it, and Citylink haven't got any returning buses until the following morning at 6am, which I'd rather not do, as Dundee is Dundee, and experiencing a night in Dundee is at the bottom of my bucket list.

So I guess I'm keeping track through OneFootball...

One coach,  really? Sounds poor. Disappointing if it's true as I'm sure there would be been demand for more.

It'll be the motor for me , touch and go time wise as the A9 isn't much fun on Friday evening's after work.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Satan said:

One coach,  really? Sounds poor. Disappointing if it's true as I'm sure there would be been demand for more.

It'll be the motor for me , touch and go time wise as the A9 isn't much fun on Friday evening's after work.

Yeah, apparently it's all they can afford (word of mate who also tried to book, not me).

• Disagree 2
  • Confused 1

This is a thread to discuss our most important match in years not misinformation about travel arrangements. Can we stick to doing just that please.

We have won at Tannadice very recently and there's no reason why we can't do so again. All the pressure will be on United and very little expectation of us especially from the neutrals.

We can do this.

• Agree 3

Right-on, Kingsmills. We should just run them ragged--and all in the first 45 minutes.

I hate to admit it, being a stoic auld fool nowadays, but I'm really getting butteflies in my stomach. And I might have to turn to IHE offering my trembling hand  to grasp the  pick-me-up  or summat. that I just know he will offer.  :tongue:   But is he awake  yet....?

58 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

This is a thread to discuss our most important match in years not misinformation about travel arrangements. Can we stick to doing just that please.

We have won at Tannadice very recently and there's no reason why we can't do so again. All the pressure will be on United and very little expectation of us especially from the neutrals.

We can do this.

Well said. if we won the league, the Scottish Cup and the League Cup there would still be people who would find something to moan about.

CMON INVERNESS.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Hearach said:

Well said. if we won the league, the Scottish Cup and the League Cup there would still be people who would find something to moan about.

CMON INVERNESS.

I don’t think he did moan about it to be honest. He only said he couldn’t go and gave information about Inverness not being able to afford another bus, he also said it was someone else’s info.This might not be entirely accurate but I’m sure there is more than one bus company in Scotland, maybe money had a little bit to do with not getting another bus. Not really a big deal but the defensiveness of it is a bit silly. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

23 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I don’t think he did moan about it to be honest. He only said he couldn’t go and gave information about Inverness not being able to afford another bus, he also said it was someone else’s info.This might not be entirely accurate but I’m sure there is more than one bus company in Scotland, maybe money had a little bit to do with not getting another bus. Not really a big deal but the defensiveness of it is a bit silly. 

What he said was entirely inaccurate. And money or lack of it had absolutely nothing to do with it. And I don’t think it is silly to defend against a post that is incorrect. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

I'll be trying to watch on tv at work on my phone. Gutted I can't make it.

You are lucky Moray Jaggie when I was working phones were for speaking on not for watching football :smile: and I am not that old :lol: I hope you get to see the game, I will have to take over the TV from my wife for the duration of the game.

Robertson is hopeful winger Tom Walsh will return from a hamstring problem which ruled him out of Tuesday’s match, and he added: “We are not concerned, we are a fit team. We saw that towards the end, I thought our fitness even with 10 men was excellent.

“We were still going forward and causing problems. We were throwing bodies into the box and getting people in there.

“We took Aaron Doran off to save his legs, because he will be needed on Friday, as well as Jordan White.

“We have got other guys that can come in. Hopefully Walsh will be back, while Darren McCauley who will be fresher. We have bodies there.

“As far as fatigue goes, it’s not going to be a problem as they are a fit bunch of boys. They have shown it all season and they will show it again on Friday.”

From Thursday P & J.

Wonder if we will go with three at the back and have Rooney and McHattie pushing higher up again

Tricky this one. Does robbo start with young MacDonald in the hope we can get at them early or keep ourselves in it and have a go later? Either way I am sure the boys will give their best. They have showed all season they are capable and resilient. Hopefully someone can produce a bit of magic tonight and you just never know. 

33 minutes ago, ilpadrino said:

BT Sport

Gutted all the play-off games have been on BT Sport - missing the Champions League semi-finals was bad enough but thought the play-offs would be on the new BBC Scotland channel. Guess they're regarded as Premiership games not Championship - oh well radio streaming it is again, got to be grateful for that...

Another “let’s slag Polly” post.  At least it will end when he’s gone and then it’ll be “oh he was one of our own”.  Fans - fickle as ever.  I think you will miss Polly much more than he will miss the vile comments he doesn’t deserve. 

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1