Do or die - Dundee Utd (A), Fri 17th May

MrCaleyjag

1 hour ago, ictbob said:

Liam polworth in the three witches.take it he's no going down to support the boys?

just goes to show what he thinks of his team mates! hope he enjoys his time in weejieland - but where after that - Dingerwell?

2 hours ago, ictbob said:

Liam polworth in the three witches.take it he's no going down to support the boys?

Not going to lie, I'd do the same if I were in that situation. If the result turned out against us, he'd be blaming himself for it, got sent off and is sitting in the stands, watching the team suffer, helplessly. In that situation you just want to block out and ignore everything.

I actually hope his his 8 year spell with the club doesn't come to a close with a red card, and that the boys will actually overturn the deficit.

not going to get fazed by this. I would have thought it is a routine thing that players who are injured or suspended don't travel with the team? Probably some daft rule from SPFL/SFA about staff who are not on matchday duties not allowed on the team bus or something equally ridiculous. I remember when I was suspended for being sent off from the touchline during my time running an amateur team in the IDAFA that I wasnt allowed to go anywhere near the changing rooms or even on the opposite sidelines for the next game.  I know it happens over here every week but the distances involved and the costs are perhaps make that a different story ....  If we do get through tonight then a wee rest for Polly ahead of yet another game in midweek might be just whats needed. who needs to sit in a car or on a bus for a few hours when he could be resting ! (and yes, having a pint is resting in my book !)