David Carson Signs For ICT

WYNESS101

3 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I'd be happy to win promotion.

Same gotta be done nxt season can't afford to stagnate in the division or we'll be back playing derbys with clach! We make plenty of chances if keatings has anything about him to convert them no reason we shouldn't be going for the title nxt season 

6 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Would like to think we at least try and attract players of that caliber tho! Where do we hear of these players like Proctor who might be good but no many clubs fish that deep for players! Would like to see a few players people have heard of coming might get some new fans thro the turnstiles!

have you not heard we have no effin money !!!!!!!

• Like 1

I fear Robbo is going to have another rebuilding job to do for next season if all the rumours are correct,  so it's good to see new players coming in already, it gives them a good pre season when it starts. There will be plenty of players out of contract from other clubs now the season is coming to an end, and it will remain to be seen who can be persuaded to come north and play for us, knowing our financial constraints on wages. 

24 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Course wev got money still 1 of the best financed clubs in the championship our budgets bigger than livis still

Craig Whyte school of economics where teetering on the edge of administration is sold as being flush with cash!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, Tree said:

Craig Whyte school of economics where teetering on the edge of administration is sold as being flush with cash!

It's 1 of these ain't it can't afford to stay another few seasons here with fans falling like snow of a dyke either sure likes of Telfer wasn't on a packet at Morton speculate a little to accumulate a lot or do a Gretna and implode I don't have a clue bout our finances same as the rest of us the board should maybe tell us just how skint we are then people would understand why wer signing guys from likes of Morpeth Town

11 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

... it will remain to be seen who can be persuaded to come north and play for us, knowing our financial constraints on wages. 

But also, given the last two seasons, knowing that there is a reasonable chance of promotion in a year's time.  That has to be the carrot - "Come to us, and help us make it happen!".

And if promotion doesn't happen but the club has done well and you have contributed strongly, then you have put yourself in the spotlight and should be well-placed to move on.

10 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

It's 1 of these ain't it can't afford to stay another few seasons here with fans falling like snow of a dyke either sure likes of Telfer wasn't on a packet at Morton speculate a little to accumulate a lot or do a Gretna and implode I don't have a clue bout our finances same as the rest of us the board should maybe tell us just how skint we are then people would understand why wer signing guys from likes of Morpeth Town

The Board has told us how skint we are.  CaleyD posted the following section from the annual report at the time of the last AGM.

20190226_111351.jpg

I think most posters on here understand the seriousness of this.  It means we simply do not have the money to attract players who are proven to be quality at the level we are playing.  Slowly but surely, the club is freeing up money from some of the irresponsible contracts of the past but that serves mainly to minimise the debt rather than free up money for more lucrative contracts.

And don't be too dismissive of Robbo going into the English non league in search of talent .  Remember, England has 10 times the population of Scotland and teams like Morpeth will be Scottish league 2 standard at the very least.  Given that David Carson was not only their player of the season but also the division's player of the season, I expect he will be a very able addition to our squad.

Finally, Dean Brill was playing at Wembley today for Orient in the final of the non league FA Trophy.  The crowd was just short of 43,000 which was nearly 6,000 more than watched ICT when we won the Scottish Cup.  The standard of non league football is way, way higher  than non league football in Scotland and it will remain an important hunting ground for us.  Our club has a fantastic record of identifying players with the potential to play at a higher level and we need to continue to do that if we are to continue to operate in the top two tiers of the Scottish leagues.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

Spot on DD - English non-league sides are of a far better quality than most folk realise, with budgets and grounds most Scottish clubs can only dream about - so choose wisely and we could pick up some gems just waiting for a break...

• Like 1

Just shows how much I know. I thought Morpeth were still in the Northern League. But they’re at level 8 and have just finished second. I’m optimistic about Carson’s signing.

A bit of perspective though - in pre-season, Whitehill Welfare, who have just finished rock bottom of the Lowland, with a mere 12 points, travelled to Heaton Stannington and won 5-1. The Stan have just finished 4th out of 20 in Northern League div 2 which is level 10.

Edited by TheMantis

10 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Just shows how much I know. I thought Morpeth were still in the Northern League. But they’re at level 8 and have just finished second.

A bit of perspective though - in pre-season, Whitehill Welfare, who have just finished rock bottom of the Lowland, travelled to Heaton Stannington and won 5-1. The Stan have just finished 4th out of 20 in Northern League div 2 which is level 10.

Have they not just won the Northern League East division (level 8) by a healthy 12 points? This promotes them to the Premier division at level 7.

52 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Have they not just won the Northern League East division (level ? by a healthy 12 points? This promotes them to the Premier division at level 7.

Aye, rite enaff. Misread the Wiki table, they should make it clearer, or have a “Seniors Only” version ?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

A ready made replacement for Joe Chalmers - It makes more sense now.

and if what's been reported about how he plays is true he'll bring about more directness than Joe possibly ever offered.

Merge with Clachnacuddin,  hand-off the criticism, and use all of the town's junior players' resources to bring on these youngsters  for ICT exclusively.

Old loyalties are like old soldiers--they fade away. And ICT are, frankly, at the crossroads as I see it.

Innovation is imperative for this club's survival.

Not only that, but surely the citizens of Inverness should then support the team on every alternate Saturday. If not, why not?

35 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Merge with Clachnacuddin,  hand-off the criticism, and use all of the town's junior players' resources to bring on these youngsters  for ICT exclusively.

Old loyalties are like old soldiers--they fade away. And ICT are, frankly, at the crossroads as I see it.

Not only that, but surely the citizens of Inverness should then support the team on every alternate Saturday. If not, why not?

They couldn't cope with the name, Inverness ClachnaCaley Thistle. Give me an I give me a N ....

11 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

If Clach pulled out of the initial merger talks back in 1994, I doubt they'd want to join us now...