Dundee Utd -V- Inverness CT (playoff leg 2)

Scotty

3 minutes ago, EdinburghCaley said:

Don’t know if anyone is watching the st Mirren game, interesting to note that united appear to be benefiting from refereeing decisions once again.

United should have been down to 9 men before the St Mirren red card. 

• Agree 1

I, for one, am not a bit bothered about the two Dundee sides, they will be so busy trying to do each other the dirty that they will lose sight of the other teams.

What we now have to concentrate on is our finishing and taking the chances we create,  we failed to do this quite miserably last season and I expect Robbo will be concentrating on this aspect of our game in the new pre-season and beyond.

I look forward to watching a much more accomplished and confident side performing at home and away which will ultimately put more bums on seats at the stadium.

• Agree 5

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories,  but watching ICT's two games against United and their games against St Mirren, I may have to change my view. It looked like they were getting a helping hand to win with some very questionable decisions, by getting penalties, opposition players sent off and the united players not picking up second yellows. I thought that St Mirren would survive and I'm glad that moaning faced Neilsen hasn't delivered for his American masters, he will be under enormous pressure next season,  not only to deliver the title,  but to win the Dundee derby. I for one can't wait for next season.

4 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories,  but watching ICT's two games against United and their games against St Mirren, I may have to change my view. It looked like they were getting a helping hand to win with some very questionable decisions, by getting penalties, opposition players sent off and the united players not picking up second yellows. I thought that St Mirren would survive and I'm glad that moaning faced Neilsen hasn't delivered for his American masters, he will be under enormous pressure next season,  not only to deliver the title,  but to win the Dundee derby. I for one can't wait for next season.

I didn't watch the game today but you are right about the pressure being on Neilsen, I hope he screws up big time next season with all the money being ploughed in to United he failed miserably!

16 hours ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

United should have been down to 9 men before the St Mirren red card. 

16 hours ago, Satan said:

The commentary team have noted this also...seems United have a guardian Angel looking after them in all 4 play off games.

15 hours ago, GoliathGrunt said:

What the helhl kind of refereeing was that! So obviously biased towards Dundee Utd getting the helping hand. Two awful teams what a joke of a play off finale !

10 hours ago, IBM said:

I didn't watch the game today but you are right about the pressure being on Neilsen, I hope he screws up big time next season with all the money being ploughed in to United he failed miserably!

Yikes, looks like my conspiracy theory is gaining traction am in no doubt the SPFL wanted Utd in the prem and the money that goes with them glad to see it didn't happen.

Conspiracy theories. Jesus. Its like message boards for west coast clubs on here these days.

Decisions go both ways but most folks only remember the poor ones. Simply this year had we played better in some games and had less draws or better concentration in latter stages of the games we wouldn't have been in the play-offs. There may be the odd contentious decision but over the course of 42 games we failed to be good enough to gain promotion to the Premiership.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Conspiracy theories. Jesus. Its like message boards for west coast clubs on here these days.

Decisions go both ways but most folks only remember the poor ones. Simply this year had we played better in some games and had less draws or better concentration in latter stages of the games we wouldn't have been in the play-offs. There may be the odd contentious decision but over the course of 42 games we failed to be good enough to gain promotion to the Premiership.

Spot on

12 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Robertson banned for 1 match for his post-match comments. I think he has got off very lightly there.

On the face of it as he was pretty outspoken.  It perhaps suggests the powers that be think he was justified in being very annoyed.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic