Dundee Utd -V- Inverness CT (playoff leg 2)

Scotty

1 minute ago, Huisdean said:

Tell you what Alan, as I don't think you have ever had anything positive to say about the team, why don't you find another team to bitch and moan about as you bring nothing positive or constructive to this debate.

Just telling it the way it is my Man U obvs don't go to many games if your saying it was a great season ! Don't see the point in empty praise lying everything's rosy pal wer playing gash got major problems on and of the park obvs I don't no the rules your only allowed to say nice things bout the team is it?

• Agree 2

Think that 'penalty' just sucked the life out of them - all that effort undone yet again by a crap ref decision. Put it down to experience, we'll be in a far better position at the start of next season than we were at the last. We have made progress and next season we'll make more.

• Agree 4

Ignoring the horrendous refereeing decisions against us in both ties the fact is we failed to score in 180 minutes so fair dues to Utd, I thought their keeper was excellent tonight. That said I think Utd better pray they get Hamilton in the play off because I don't see them beating St Mirren.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, wynthank15 said:

Ignoring the horrendous refereeing decisions against us in both ties the fact is we failed to score in 180 minutes so fair dues to Utd, I thought their keeper was excellent tonight. That said I think Utd better pray they get Hamilton in the play off because I don't see them beating St Mirren.

Exactly.  

1 minute ago, wynthank15 said:

Yeah, we need to convert more of our chances next season.

• Agree 2

The tie turned on two poor refereeing decisions. In the first leg, we were in control and certainly not heading for defeat until a very harsh straight red left us with ten players for virtually half of that match and without one of our most influential players for tonight.

Tonight we were again more than holding our own until the harshest hand ball penalty I've seen in years. I do not generally believe in conspiracies but the football authorities have got the play off finalist from the Championship they wanted. Neither of those decisions would have gone our way had the boot been on the other foot.

That said, it was never a level playing field and it's no coincidence that the two teams who have bettered us in the division both have wealthy backers which enabled them to make wholesale improvements to their squads in January.

Our position  off the field is not good from a financial perspective but there is scope for optimism on it. We improved on last season with a smaller budget and, assuming Robbo gets a budget that is not further trimmed too much next season I believe we have a very good chance of going one better.

We finished best of the teams in the Championship playing on a financially level playing field and should be proud of the manager, coaches and players. Our under eighteens have had a great season and hopefully two or three can step up.

Great disappointment tonight but tempered with pride in the team and our loyal fans and genuine optimism for the future.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

4-0 over two legs tells its own story! Nothing to do with refereeing decisions or bad luck.......it's the story of our season, missed chances have cost us big time. Until we change that we will be stuck in this division.

Good luck in the playoff final, Arabs.

Expecting a bit of an exodus of players over the next few days now. ?

• Agree 4
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Mate wtf is it with you and Polworth and least you won't be around next season now that he is f****ing off. 

Quite simply over the years he became the token scapegoat. His "stupidity" was not, by it appears everyones account, a sending off. Yet after 180 mins of football, we didn't score, how about some of the blame going to the other 11 players?
Have you decided who to scapegoat for next season yet or are you holding off?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

That said, it was never a level playing field and it's no coincidence that the two teams who have bettered us in the division both have wealthy backers which enabled them to make wholesale improvements to their squads in January.

It was said in commentary that used 43 players this season, have we used 43 players total over the last 2 seasons?

3 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The tie turned on two poor refereeing decisions. In the first leg, we were in control and certainly not heading for defeat until a very harsh straight red left us with ten players for virtually half of that match and without one of our most influential players for tonight.

Tonight we were again more than holding our own until the harshest hand ball penalty I've seen in years. I do not generally believe in conspiracies but the football authorities have got the play off finalist from the Championship they wanted. Neither of those decisions would have gone our way had the boot been on the other foot.

Kingsmills are you turning into a conspiracy theorist? then join my club. I agree with your comment re the harshness of the penalty decision, had it been the other way it would never have been given. Fact is we failed to score and we created plenty of chances in the first half, so end of.

So that'll be Robbo in the stand for the first few games next season. Sent to the stand for flicking a bottle that grazed the fourth official's leg, then he is being reported for being on the pitch congratulating the United players and fans. Calling them out on it in the interview won't go down well, either. At least the presenting team backed him that being reported for being on the pitch was a nonsense, well all except Chris "I hate the ICT" Sutton.

Editing to add that he doesn't deserve any ban, he was quite right, just guessing the way the SFA will work.

Edited by Rasczak
Adding more thoughts.

Robbo will be in trouble for his radio interview.  Called the 4th official a liar and said he was no longer going to stand for the the attitude and incompetence of officials.  Earlier on the commentators were saying he was a class act by the way that despite the disappointment, he took the time to congratulate all the Utd players and applauded their supporters.  Well done Robbo!  Needs to be said.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

We're ******... Part time football beckons... Goodbye all u happy clappy fucky wankers I've had it..... The clubs ****** and u all are too.... Bye bye 

If that is your attitude maybe it's just as well that you do go.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Robbo will be in trouble for his radio interview.  Called the 4th official a liar and said he was no longer going to stand for the the attitude and incompetence of officials.  Earlier on the commentators were saying he was a class act by the way that despite the disappointment, he took the time to congratulate all the Utd players and applauded their supporters.  Well done Robbo!  Needs to be said.

TV interview was much the same. Going to fight it all the way if they do bring him up for it.

5 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Robbo will be in trouble for his radio interview.  Called the 4th official a liar and said he was no longer going to stand for the the attitude and incompetence of officials.

Scottish officials are rank. Clancy misses a clear red card in the old firm game, and instead of any kind of sanction, he gets sent to our game. It’s the same garbage, regardless of the officials. I don’t think there’s a conspiracy, I just don’t think they’re very good. 

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic