Post-Season Summary/Rant(?)

On 5/18/2019 at 8:07 PM, bigman said:

Probably  the worsed season apart from  our relegation as far as football is concernd no leader on the park it appeared to be a team of strangers. We did have good spells but far and few between. 

We were ultimately disappointed but, with a third place finish, play off semi final and Scottish Cup semi final all on a shoestring budget, I think that's very harsh.

• Agree 1

TBH its been my first season down and I enjoyed quite a number of games. Watched a few duff ones but overall there was generally an intention to attack even if the execution wasn't quite up to it in every game. The games against County were pretty barnstorming - particularly the Dingwall scrap around Christmas.

-tive  The atmosphere isn't magic but the difference in watching a game at Highland RFC,  where everyone gets behind and is very positive towards the team, and some of the abuse hurled at home players at ICTFC, was a bit of an eye opener. Yes you pay money and theoretically you can then yell what you want, but offering pearls of wisdom such as "You're sh*te" isn't exactly helpful or funny. Seems like a few grumpy folk winding themselves up even further! Cant be good for the blood pressure. 

+tive Enjoyed a lot of the U18 games. Shame they didn't get more of a run about in 1st team, but if they stick together there's a core who I'm sure can do something good for Inverness.  Don't want to keep harking on about HRFC but out of their team thats just gone to Div 1 18 out of the squad 23 have come through their youth system. Its the way to go. 

On 5/20/2019 at 7:31 PM, Huisdean said:

Glad to see it's not just me who thinks that referees (and all the officials) act in a much more arrogant manner than previously. Sights of referees/fourth officials wagging their fingers at players/managers as if they were naughty schoolboys, is just embarrassing and you rarely see foreign officials do this. Refereeing standards do seem t be declining globally but the refereeing in Scotland this season has been really really poor and affected most teams (with the possible exception of Rangers). Surely someone sees the glaring mistakes made by the referees and takes them aside to discuss, if they do it doesn't work as they seem to continue making the same mistakes (Andrew Dallas and poor penalty decisions anyone). Part of the problem is that I am convinced referees now seem to be guessing at decisions, possibly as they feel they have to make a decision but so often, they get it wrong and suffer the consequences for it when making a decision only when 100% sure would save them untold grief.

Have to agree, when I see the officials glad handing each other before the game you get the impression they think they are the main participants rather than bit part players. It's clear many of them have never played at any level and some of their decisions are worthy of derision. Some are downright corrupt such as the referee for the Korea v Italy world cup match who had clearly been told by FIFA that Korea were to get through. he was later imprisoned for smuggling drugs possibly set up by the mafia.

• Facepalm 1

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, FrontRow said:

TBH its been my first season down and I enjoyed quite a number of games. Watched a few duff ones but overall there was generally an intention to attack even if the execution wasn't quite up to it in every game. The games against County were pretty barnstorming - particularly the Dingwall scrap around Christmas.

-tive  The atmosphere isn't magic but the difference in watching a game at Highland RFC,  where everyone gets behind and is very positive towards the team, and some of the abuse hurled at home players at ICTFC, was a bit of an eye opener. Yes you pay money and theoretically you can then yell what you want, but offering pearls of wisdom such as "You're sh*te" isn't exactly helpful or funny. Seems like a few grumpy folk winding themselves up even further! Cant be good for the blood pressure. 

+tive Enjoyed a lot of the U18 games. Shame they didn't get more of a run about in 1st team, but if they stick together there's a core who I'm sure can do something good for Inverness.  Don't want to keep harking on about HRFC but out of their team thats just gone to Div 1 18 out of the squad 23 have come through their youth system. Its the way to go. 

And you can enjoy a bevvy and watch from the comfort of the Clubhouse - or so I am informed. :whistle:

12 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Quite a strange season mind the start the defence was rock solid but we couldn't score goals big J improved and Doranstarted scoring the defence began creaking can't win eh!

Aye, we were unbeatable for the first part of the season. Too many draws though, often in games we should have won.

I think we built on the previous season though, and it's all part of a gradual improvement process.

Let's see what next season brings  - I'm optimistic that we'll be challenging for automatic promotion this time round.

2 hours ago, buckett said:

Aye, we were unbeatable for the first part of the season. Too many draws though, often in games we should have won.

I think we built on the previous season though, and it's all part of a gradual improvement process.

Let's see what next season brings  - I'm optimistic that we'll be challenging for automatic promotion this time round.

Oh I no should have won a fair few of that games been needing a good striker for years! Defo improvement on the season before that was brutal till the run in ! I'd like 2 think so bud not 2 far away a couple of new signings freshen things up we shouldn't be 2 far away