Out of contract this summer?

SMEE

9 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

The P&J reported the Chalmers move as a done deal.

No surprise it's been all quiet on the ICT Media Front...papers always bang out the information before the club's computer even boots up...either that or they're posting the announcement via Internet Explorer...

Out of contract at the end of the season

Owain Fon Williams

Kevin McHattie

Liam Polworth - Motherwell

Joe Chalmers

Nathan Austin - Kelty Hearts

Out of contact in 2020

Cammy McKay

Brad McKay

Coll Donaldson

Carl Tremarco

Jamie McCart

Charlie Trafford

Aaron Doran

Tom Walsh

Jordan White

Out of contact in 2021

Darren Macaulay

Out of contract in 2022

Daniel Mckay

Sean Welsh

Mark Ridgers

(stolen from another thread - but updated)

Still can't find any info on Shaun Rooney contract. 

Think we should offer McHattie a one year deal. He has done well coming in to cover the Left side on the pitch

• Like 1

It would be good to see Donaldson get an extension on his contract - perhaps with a view to him taking the captain's arm band in due course.  Tremarco will be 34 later this year, and much as I love the guy, he seems increasingly injury prone and I don't think he'll be able to command a regular place in the team beyond next season.

Walsh and Donaldson were offered new contracts a few weeks back along with Ridgers. One of them has signed...

I suspect next season will be Tremarco's last with us and a move into coaching will be next. He was telling folk at the end of season hospitality how much he loves the club and the area so I can't see him moving anywhere else really.

If we don't currently have any targets for LB then I may be inclined to offer McHattie a year's extension.

I'm not sure Robbo and the club will be rushing to offer many of the 2020 players contracts right now and possibly waiting to see what Donaldson and Walsh decide to do but it would be good to see McCart the next player offer an extension.

I suspect they'll wait and see who we manage to bring in before making any decisions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

If we don't currently have any targets for LB then I may be inclined to offer McHattie a year's extension.

I'm not sure Robbo and the club will be rushing to offer many of the 2020 players contracts right now and possibly waiting to see what Donaldson and Walsh decide to do but it would be good to see McCart the next player offer an extension.

I suspect they'll wait and see who we manage to bring in before making any decisions. 

You wouldn't want to sign Doran on a longer contract?

I would certainly want to see how our young 18s develop this season before offering too many of the aging players offers. Certainly Coll and Jamie I would offer new deals as I think they could form a good partnership going forward and I actually see Jamie as a more obvious future captain due to his pedigree and off the pitch standing among the players. He carries himself very well. I love Doran but depending how young Daniel Mackay develops or the young brazilian Machedo, there could be replacements for his production at a cheaper rate. Same with Carlo and young Harper but I would agree about keeping Carl around the club.

1 hour ago, MorayJaggie said:

You wouldn't want to sign Doran on a longer contract?

I would definitely but I suspect they might wait to see how he copes with pre-season and how he starts the season before making a decision.

• Agree 1

Mc ART- - Ideal signing and hopefully he will develop further into a very valuable player who will relish being with the club that offered him the main chance ; and stay a longer time than most of the others.

To build this club back up for a stable future you need quality, resilience, development and the cosseting of these younger players. Also a touch of tough love.  All of which, in turn, should help with the development of their loyalty and their appreciation of what ICT is all about.

I hope.:cool:

• Agree 1

I thought McCart struggled with us in the premier, whether that was partly due to how terrible we were or how young & inexperienced he was I'm not sure.

Probably the wrong club at the wrong time , he still needs a bit more championship football to toughen him up a bit. Should be premier standard in time for the next close season bidding.

Get him contracted up.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Kevin McHattie has signed a new 2 year deal.

Pleased with that. The lad can certainly do a job at Championship level and, with another season's experience under his belt, possibly in the Premiership too.

1 hour ago, Satan said:

I thought McCart struggled with us in the premier, whether that was partly due to how terrible we were or how young & inexperienced he was I'm not sure.

Probably the wrong club at the wrong time , he still needs a bit more championship football to toughen him up a bit. Should be premier standard in time for the next close season bidding.

Get him contracted up.

From what I remember McCart was one of the few who put in an effort that season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

From ICTFC site.

Kevin McHattie has signed a new 2 year deal which keeps him at the club until the summer of 2021. Martin MacKinnon has also signed a two year extension with the club and Daniel Hoban has signed a one year extension. 

Manager John Robertson said: “I’m delighted that all three players have extended their contracts with the club.”

“Kevin played in various positions for us last season and I’m delighted he has committed his future to the Highlands for the next two years.” 

“Daniel was on loan at Forfar last season and didn’t get the game time he hoped. However, we feel he has a great future at the club and, alongside Cammy Mackay, he can put the pressure on Mark Ridgers for the first team jersey.” 

“Martin has been outstanding for the youth team for the past two years, winning back to back titles. He’s a young goalkeeper that Ryan Esson rates very very highly.”  

52 minutes ago, IBM said:

From what I remember McCart was one of the few who put in an effort that season.

Plenty effort but I thought the boy from Motherwell did better ,Laing? 

From what I recall Mccart liked trying the 50 yard Hollywood ball, thankfully he's dialled back on his range these days.