Out of contract this summer?

SMEE

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Pleased with that. The lad can certainly do a job at Championship level and, with another season's experience under his belt, possibly in the Premiership too.

Time will tell with this one, not sure if his future is at full back - imagine McKay and McHattie on either side, doesn't inspire me. Maybe like Chalmers( and Rooney) he can find his feet further forward.

He's no stranger to the premier either, quite a few appearances with hearts and kilmarnock too. Still , 25 is young enough there is room for improvement yet.

McHattie isn't the best and unfortunately made two bad errors in the games against United which cost us goals but he has been pretty competent filling in and provides us with some cheap cover. Content for him to be used as a squad player but wouldn't want him starting too many games.

• 11 months later...
51 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

Anyone got a updated list who is out of contract this summer and who we have signed up?

@hislopsoffsideagain tweeted this earlier and it's as accurate as anything we've got to go on:

ICT apparently have the following out of contract:

• Jack Brown
  • Aaron Doran
  • Daniel Hoban
  • Matheus Machado
  • Cammy Mackay
  • Brad Mckay
  • Shaun Rooney
  • Charlie Trafford
  • Carl Tremarco
  • Tom Walsh
  • Jordan White

We know that Rooney is off to Saint Johnstone, White has signed a PCA with someone (Motherwell) and Tremarco is not getting a new contract (rumours persist that he wasn't offered one as well as him allegedly turning down an offer). 

Of those remaining I hope we keep Walsh and Doran but I fear neither will be with us next season.

• Agree 1

Until there is clarification on any restart, league structure and what income the club may have going forwards, it has to be assumed none of these guys will get new deals for now. Perhaps if furlogh is extended by the government the club may offer to keep players contracts active until such time as there is more clarity allowing them to at least get the government payments - but that may not guarantee they are in the longerterm club plans. Once things are resolved the club may only then revert back to any still local and interested with offers.

On 5/6/2020 at 11:41 AM, Jack Waddington said:

Matheus scarpered off abroad earlier this season, didn't he? Didn't like the lack of game time so has taken to looking for new clubs in Portugal or something...

Matheus was horsed out the door for getting in to bother of the pitch 

• Disagree 1

Mixed bag there eh never seen enough of the young guns to say if any of them are worth keeping would like to keep Walsh but think he'll have a few better offers unless his injuries put people of cant see Doran leaving he's getting on a bit hope he stays still a decent player ! Wonder if Traff will get picked up surely well no be offering him a deal

Tbh Walsh hasn't been close to the level he hit last season, injuries aside it's been rather dissapointing.

If we aren't offering positions to at least a couple of the youngsters then we really have go wonder what our development budget has been spent on...none of the names listed are fresh out of the youths, all have been involved at first team level or out on loan.

IF Trafford leaves who will you sponsor next year Alan ? 😋

• Funny 1

Been told by coaches within the highland league that all our loaneesw to Fort are out of contract as to make their loans work, they were released under the idea they’d all resign. Hence why Kieran Chalmers has already left the club completely. And Matheus is likely off, however some people are saying he’s staying. Hard to take anything about the boy seriously unless the club say it themselves at this point

1 hour ago, Satan said:

Tbh Walsh hasn't been close to the level he hit last season, injuries aside it's been rather dissapointing.

If we aren't offering positions to at least a couple of the youngsters then we really have go wonder what our development budget has been spent on...none of the names listed are fresh out of the youths, all have been involved at first team level or out on loan.

IF Trafford leaves who will you sponsor next year Alan ? 😋

If Traff goes goes I'm sure I'll find some other lame duck to sponsor my man lol

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1

16 hours ago, DanielH8199 said:

Been told by coaches within the highland league that all our loaneesw to Fort are out of contract as to make their loans work, they were released under the idea they’d all resign. Hence why Kieran Chalmers has already left the club completely. And Matheus is likely off, however some people are saying he’s staying. Hard to take anything about the boy seriously unless the club say it themselves at this point

Those out of contract are out of contract having come to the end of their respective contracts. They were out on loan and now their contracts have come to an end. They weren't released to "make loans work".

Whether they resign will depend on if contracts are actually offered to them and like most teams will be dictated by finances.

I'd try and get Calvin Miller and Ricky Foster in bolster up the defence no excuses now we got the wedge for finishing 2nd these guys no gonna cost a fortune ! Loads of players on the old universal credit now a buyers market ! Coop the dugs sniffing out new recruits as we speak! Pretty sure he could bring in a better striker than Robbo Cops yet "unearthed"!

• Disagree 1

So our current pssible squad consists of

GK; Ridgers
Defence; McHattie, Toshney
Midfield; Vincent, Carson, Welsh, McGregor
Attack: Storey, Todorov, Keatings, Mackay...and Shane Sutherland

Obviously we are in survival mode at the moment, and there probably be a few decent players to pick up, and yes we don't know when the new season will start. I reckon September with no League Cup, and restrictions on crowd. I would still retain Tremarco, but he has had quite a few injuries and that probably determines it (think he could be a decent back room presence though) I would also retain Doran, and I think he would stay. Walsh too, despite injuries last season (he'll have had plenty of time to recover now) Stating the obvious, a lot of work to be done for the defence (to think when I first started coming to games we had a backline of Shinnie, Meekings Warren and Raven)

There's the basis of decent team I reckon (two fast full backs who can cross please!), and with Hearts currently down (awaiting fudged SPL review from Budge) and Raith up, a few decent away days for me.

Tremarco hasn't missed much of the 19/20 season at all. One game in the league due to injury and one when he was just a sub. The more likely reason (allegedly) is cost of keeping him on. Whether that is true or not is another matter...

2 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

GK; Ridgers

Obviously we are in survival mode at the moment, and there probably be a few decent players to pick up, and yes we don't know when the new season will start. I reckon September with no League Cup, and restrictions on crowd. I would still retain Tremarco, but he has had quite a few injuries and that probably determines it (think he could be a decent back room presence though) I would also retain Doran, and I think he would stay. Walsh too, despite injuries last season (he'll have had plenty of time to recover now) Stating the obvious, a lot of work to be done for the defence (to think when I first started coming to games we had a backline of Shinnie, Meekings Warren and Raven)

There's the basis of decent team I reckon (two fast full backs who can cross please!), and with Hearts currently down (awaiting fudged SPL review from Budge) and Raith up, a few decent away days for me.

That's some amounts of "strikers" who can't score in a brothel scary times if wer going in to a league campaign with just that lot up top

• Disagree 1

7 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

GK; Ridgers

Is Harper not contracted for next season too?

Edited by Robert

4 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

That's some amounts of "strikers" who can't score in a brothel scary times if wer going in to a league campaign with just that lot up top

With a fan like Alan Simpson, I may be encouraged to commit assault with provocation.  

• Funny 2

This is the type of situation where we should be progressing a few of the fort boys (if they are still under contract), I only saw they against clach but thought the centre half (can't remember his name) isn't far from being ready. MacGregor will hopefully become a mainstay along with Harper.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Stirling Observer said:

This is the type of situation where we should be progressing a few of the fort boys (if they are still under contract), I only saw they against clach but thought the centre half (can't remember his name) isn't far from being ready. MacGregor will hopefully become a mainstay along with Harper.

Two of the best young players we have and I think we will have to rely on them to make it with the main team.

11 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

To be fair thes guys get paid bugger all for playing, yet Keatings, Storey and Todorov, have all scored more goals than Christian Benteke, who plays for my other team, over the last three seasons, in that time Benteke has been paid, as a conservative estimate, £15million pounds... for 5 goals in three years...he makes Jordan White look positively prolific. As most Palace fans will tell you, CB has only looked like he could give a sh#t in the last dozen or so games since Christmas.

£15million pounds, imagine if Inverness had that to spend on players and wages over three years...the EPL is like on another planet entirely.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

To be fair thes guys get paid bugger all for playing, yet Keatings, Storey and Todorov, have all scored more goals than Christian Benteke, who plays for my other team, over the last three seasons, in that time Benteke has been paid, as a conservative estimate, £15million pounds... for 5 goals in three years...he makes Jordan White look positively prolific. As most Palace fans will tell you, CB has only looked like he could give a sh#t in the last dozen or so games since Christmas.

£15million pounds, imagine if Inverness had that to spend on players and wages over three years...the EPL is like on another planet entirely.

I no eh what happened to Benteke what a player he was at villa and Liverpool just never happened at Palace think he'd thrive with Zaha up front as well! Aye the prems a whole different game ain't it money down there's unreal great standard of football tho and tbf a lot of the English clubs now are taking thro top youngsters including Palace always a good team to watch Palace good attacking side I reckon old Roys seen his last campaign tho hear they're looking for a new manager