Out of contract this summer?

SMEE

18 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

This is the type of situation where we should be progressing a few of the fort boys (if they are still under contract), I only saw they against clach but thought the centre half (can't remember his name) isn't far from being ready. MacGregor will hopefully become a mainstay along with Harper.

Macregors a great wee player always looking to go forward hope he gets a consistent run in the team nxt year be happy to start with Harper as well can't beat seeing homegrown young guns come thro

• Agree 1

What a great opportunity to rebuild with some of the players from the youth squad from a couple of years ago plus some of the ones that have been getting into Scotland youth squads. A core of 6/7 seasoned professionals and a load of youngsters would be great to watch. 
This season and the next couple are for surviving and rebuilding. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, FrontRow said:

What a great opportunity to rebuild with some of the players from the youth squad from a couple of years ago plus some of the ones that have been getting into Scotland youth squads. A core of 6/7 seasoned professionals and a load of youngsters would be great to watch. 
This season and the next couple are for surviving and rebuilding. 

Absolutely agree. With the exception of Hearts, every other team in the division is likely to be in the same boat and, if past experience is anything to go by  Hearts might take a while to adjust to the drop.

An opportunity to refresh and renew as well as the very necessary cutting of costs. I feel that we have often been guilty of bringing in fairly average players in the past as the expense of promoting and developing local talent. Now, out of adversity, we might have an opportunity to do just that.

• Agree 1

On 5/18/2020 at 8:41 PM, lizi said:

With a fan like Alan Simpson, I may be encouraged to commit assault with provocation.  

Haha that's the spirit can't beat a bit of football violence eh Iv a stone island jumper might fit you can wear it for the rematch with the half dozen drunk Morton fans who terrorised the main stand! 

What's the expectations for nxt season what are we expecting now wev a few dollars in the bank from the 2nd place money and rid of a bit of deadwood from the squad fans wanting Robbo to stay or a bit of fresh blood? Are we expecting to challenge for the title this year be tough if hearts get a decent manager in ie a Tommy wright they've a good crop of youngsters never got a chance with leveins deadwood ! 

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

What's the expectations for nxt season what are we expecting now wev a few dollars in the bank from the 2nd place money

If we have any sense we will keep it in the bank, or use it to service our debt.   Not the time to lash out on players - nor to fire (and compensate) one manager and hire another.

Survival is the name of the game.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

What's the expectations for nxt season what are we expecting now wev a few dollars in the bank from the 2nd place money and rid of a bit of deadwood from the squad fans wanting Robbo to stay or a bit of fresh blood? Are we expecting to challenge for the title this year be tough if hearts get a decent manager in ie a Tommy wright they've a good crop of youngsters never got a chance with leveins deadwood ! 

I’ve never said this since we were relegated but I think this is our promotion year (that is if there’s no league reconstruction). 
I think we’ve got enough of a core there (especially if we can keep Walsh and keep him fit). 
I’d be quite happy to keep Robbo this season, after all, the only difference between us and 1st place was Shankland.

Need to bring in one or two to make sure we have injury cover and bigger bodies,  can’t rely on the youngsters and still expect promotion.  
My only problem with MacGregor is his size. Great player but seems to be easily pushed off the ball by older, bigger players. 

3 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Praying that Hearts are gash this coming season. All comes down to final day, we need a win to go top, Hearts celebrating thinking they've won the title, we win a last minute free kick on the edge of the box, Aaron Doran steps up, and smashes it top bins to win the game and steal it from Hearts, cue a massive pitch invasion, and Doran is immortalised in club history for all eternity.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

That’s what I like, we can dream, and I will live it if that comes true. 

As others have said, all teams are entering the unknown and we have some good youngsters who need to step up. 

My priority is that the club does whatever necessary to survive and if that means taking a step or two backwards so be it if we can come back stronger. 

What they need us our support through any tough times ahead, even if we have a poor season or two. 

I just hope we get some clarity from the Government as to the way ahead in tomorrow’s roadmap and the club can then start to look at what squad they can assemble. 

Let’s be realistic about where we are: success next season will be a bonus. 

46 minutes ago, Robert said:

My priority is that the club does whatever necessary to survive and if that means taking a step or two backwards so be it if we can come back stronger. 

What they need us our support through any tough times ahead, even if we have a poor season or two. 

Let’s be realistic about where we are: success next season will be a bonus. 

There will be nothing tomorrow that will give us any hope for football next season but i will hope for these points you have made Robert.

7 hours ago, Inverwegian said:

I’ve never said this since we were relegated but I think this is our promotion year (that is if there’s no league reconstruction). 
I think we’ve got enough of a core there (especially if we can keep Walsh and keep him fit). 
I’d be quite happy to keep Robbo this season, after all, the only difference between us and 1st place was Shankland.

Need to bring in one or two to make sure we have injury cover and bigger bodies,  can’t rely on the youngsters and still expect promotion.  
My only problem with MacGregor is his size. Great player but seems to be easily pushed off the ball by older, bigger players. 

I do agree with the bit I've bolded but it does just need to be a couple. 

Anyway, I'm thinking, what would our squad look like if we promoted a few of the youngsters that are deserving of a step up. 

GK: Ridgers, Cameron Mackay and Daniel Hoban

DF: Kevin McHattie, Lewis Toshney, Bradley Mackay, Cameron Harper, Jack Brown

MF: Aaron Doran, Tom Walsh, Sean Welsh, Roddy Mcgregor, James Vincent, David Carson 

ST: Nikolay Todorov, Daniel Mackay, James Keatings, Miles Storey and Shane Sutherland. 

That's as far as I've got as I don't know any other youngster capable of the step up. 

Edited by CaleyTennis
Adding more to the post.

From the U18 team two season ago

Jack Brown is a midfield terrier he may be small but so was Billy Bremner

two centre backs aren't a million miles  off it - Harry Nicolson  and Ryan Fyffe, both very good ball players.

Ross Gunn on the wing has a lot of potential along with Roddy MacGregor and Daniel MacKay they played some outstanding football. Be interesting to see if they could get their style of play back

Miller Gamble and Lewis Hyde have been up and around the 1st team squad and in Scotland age groups stuff

that's quite a lot of potential there.. just got to give them a chance....and what better time.

Edit 

This just popped up on Twitter

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/caley-thistle-footballer-named-fort-williams-player-of-the-season-200350/

Edited by FrontRow
  • Agree 4

Guess there's a range of players we can take from the Pars considering they've dumped 17 players

And I'd rather not have Danny back, yes he's one of our cup winners, but aside from that, he's gash, can't remember how many defensive errors he's caused when we've played them...

Meekings on the other hand, pretty sure he's out of contract, I'd take him back in a heartbeat

I thought Devine was ok cover for Warren and Meekings. He was quite young I think so will have matured and developed in the meantime. 

Doubt Meekings will come back north, after that spot of trouble he had, although I’m sure he was found not guilty, but you never know. It would be good if we could attract and afford someone of his quality again. 

Edited by Robert

I think some are struggling to grasp the gravity of the situation a bit. We will be releasing/not offering players aswell, never mind signing other teams released players. There is no potential income into the club anytime soon. As soon as the players have to train they will be on full wages. It doesn't add up. No income, lots of expenditure. It's not a pretty sight

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Maybe slightly harsh on one of our cup final heroes but absolutely agree on Stuart Morrison.

I've never heard of Stuart Morrison, who is he and why would he be such a good signing?

Edited by SteveA

50 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

I think some are struggling to grasp the gravity of the situation a bit. We will be releasing/not offering players aswell, never mind signing other teams released players. There is no potential income into the club anytime soon. As soon as the players have to train they will be on full wages. It doesn't add up. No income, lots of expenditure. It's not a pretty sight

I totally get it and the focus has to be on survival.

However, the time will come (hopefully) when there is a timeline to games starting and at that time there will be players looking for clubs and wage expectations will have dropped. 

Our own out of contract players will be in the same boat. 

Whatever happens, it will probably be a much smaller squad with more need for the youngsters to feature and get decent game time. 

I just hope the club is still alive when games restart. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Doubt Meekings will come back north, after that spit if trouble he had, although I’m sure he was found not guilty, but you never know

In all fairness looking back on that, he can't be blamed for what he did, it's the exact same case with what happened to Foran. Racially abused by some drunkards just because they're not Scottish, the punch ups were totally deserved, and I think it'd be the instigator of the fight that would be scared of Meekings coming back, not the other way round.

2 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Guess there's a range of players we can take from the Pars considering they've dumped 17 

What's happened to promoting youth from within??

If we can't do it now then we truly are up the creek.

That's a very worrying am of players so I really hope that they get clubs as soon as they can because I don't like to see anyone jobless, especially at this moment in time during a crisis. 

I really hope we don't release that many :-(.