Out of contract this summer?

SMEE

As yet there is no announcement and plan in place for lower leagues to return to football and still ongoing how the Premiership will return (even for next season). Football for ICT may will still be months away, might not even be this year - so the club may yet have serous decisions to make regarding ongoing contracts and players. Dunfermline release 17. ICT players on expiring contracts will lapse and I'm sure those remaining will be expected to take significant cuts or leave. All clubs will be looking at financial survival with the idea of putting 11 on the park something to focus on when a definitive restart date is presented - whether its a competitive 11 will be secondary.

Nxt season gonna be nuts think a lot of the other clubs are in an even worse state than us hopefully Robbo will play some homegrown talent for once as well if wev any left seems like a lot are out of contract dunno how good any of them are either they never tore up the highland league! Be interesting to see how many of any of our out of contract players will get offered a deal is defo try keep Doran for another season! Loads of boys out of contract elsewhere can only be good for us need to rebuild the defence and if possible get a decent centre mid in!

Edited by Alan Simpson
Spelling

Ricky Foster - Older than Tremarco. So no thanks. 

Going to have to Google others as I'm not even sure what positions they play. 

Right, now I know.

Sean Kelly - Defender. 

Declan McManus - Forward. 

Lewis Spence - Midfielder. 

Not sure I like the thought of us picking up County fodder TBH.

1 minute ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Ricky Foster - Older than Tremarco. So no thanks. 

Going to have to Google others as I'm not even sure what positions they play. 

Right, now I know.

Sean Kelly - Defender. 

Declan McManus - Forward. 

Lewis Spence - Midfielder. 

Not sure I like the thought of us picking up County fodder TBH.

Ricky Fosters still a good player I'd have him so is Sean Kelly wouldn't bother me if they were realeased by County still way better than what wev got ATM!

45 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Sean Kelly has apparently been a bombscare this season, McManus might be a preferable signing

McManus is terrible just be another striker who can't score in the squad would rather Kelly tbh he's a decent player least he used to be!

Lewis Spence seemed like a tidy player last season for County. I'd like to see him sign.

McManus has bagged loads of goals for Falkirk this season and seems well liked there. I suspect he will end up signing for them though I wouldn't mind us getting him.

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Chances are we'll get none of these players released from county more likely to get another couple released from the mighty Morpeth Town!

And if they are as good and committed as Carson, that’s fine by me. 

• Agree 2

For once I see this very similar to MLS at the end of a season. In MLS there is typically a small core of players under contract to the club at the end of the year with a lot of others being placed on free agency list or contracts and options 'waived'. Many of these re-negotiate their deals and end up back at the club the following season. Not typically how it works in Scotland or elsewhere .. but there will be a tremendously huge player pool this summer and some on that list may end up being re-signed when they either cant find something else or the club has more insight into the path to come out of lockdown and back to football.