Austin to Kelty Hearts?!

26 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

I liked Austin thought he was a decent player when he got the chance look at his goal final game last season belter! Would've kept him before White tbh

?? this is a joke right?

• Sad 1

Very strange.  The move is also reported on the P&J website.  I get that Kelty are an ambitious club and may well be challenging for the lowland league title next year, but it still represents a massive drop in level for him.  I certainly prefer White to Austin in many respects but I always felt that Austin was a more natural finisher and he's had a few very composed finishes for us.  It may be that a drop down the leagues will provide him with the opportunity to boost his confidence with a hat full of goals, but I remain to be convinced that Yngwie's explanation isn't the truth of the matter!

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

I liked Austin thought he was a decent player when he got the chance look at his goal final game last season belter! Would've kept him before White tbh

You must have come to the wrong place for your Sunday fishing trip 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

You must have come to the wrong place for your Sunday fishing trip 

Or Fashing trip...

Glad to see the back of him. He was hopeless. At least you get 100% from big Jordan, even if his second touch is a tackle ?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

A late late contender for the most ridiculous post of the season.

At the beginning,  he looked like he had potential,  but he spends more time falling down than he does on his feet. I really don't think he will be missed. I wish him well for the furure, and maybe he thinks going down the leagues will help his form.

• Agree 3

19 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

Apparently Kelty have some money behind them now and really want to push on in the league. 

Maybe their a Brora of the lowland league

They certainly are. Their sugar daddy finds the players jobs too, as he has a conservatory firm. They’ve spent a tidy sum upgrading their ground, which was probably decent enough for L2 anyway.

21 minutes ago, Satan said:

At least we know what level we are competing with in regards to wages.

Slightly unfair as described above. Also wasn’t it fairly common knowledge that fash wanted a move south?

3 hours ago, Doofer said:

?? this is a joke right?

Why would it be never got a fair crack of the whip where big White started every game Austin has way more about him in front of goal he'll score loads of goals for Kelty good luck to him see they signed Tam o Reilly as well a 1 time decent prospect they'll be good nxt season

Nathan's from down that way so I think its more of a personal move rather than a financial one.

I wish him the best of luck but for one reason or another I don't think it worked out here, I personally thought he would go on to try and get a freekick or penalty as he would go down almost straight away.

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Why would it be never got a fair crack of the whip where big White started every game Austin has way more about him in front of goal he'll score loads of goals for Kelty good luck to him see they signed Tam o Reilly as well a 1 time decent prospect they'll be good nxt season

Was he not getting regular starts over White at the start of the season?

Kelty will be one of the favourites for the lowland league next year but East Kilbride will be there or there abouts as well. I just wish Bonnyrigg were accepted in after winning promotion from the East of Scotland, another side that would have been able to challenge the front runners. Unfortunately as they currently don’t have floodlights they aren’t allowed up, even though they will have them in place for the start of next season and there is currently teams in the same division without floodlights! Thought we had it unfair? 

• Like 1

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1754210/family-came-first-for-ex-caley-thistle-striker-nathan-austin-as-he-moves-to-lowland-league-side-kelty-hearts/

"While he admits the offer from Kelty was a good one financially, Austin has also resumed his old job as a driver/ground-worker."

On 5/20/2019 at 2:22 AM, ICTPAISLEY said:

Kelty will be one of the favourites for the lowland league next year but East Kilbride will be there or there abouts as well. I just wish Bonnyrigg were accepted in after winning promotion from the East of Scotland, another side that would have been able to challenge the front runners. Unfortunately as they currently don’t have floodlights they aren’t allowed up, even though they will have them in place for the start of next season and there is currently teams in the same division without floodlights! Thought we had it unfair? 

I see Darren O Dea has cancelled retirement plans to join East Kilbride.