Joe Chalmers

WYNESS101

20 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

But I could have told you Vincent, This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you

Starry starry night

Paint your parrot blue and grey

• Funny 2

Decent player not much more. Doesn't score or create much and certainly doesn't put his body on the line for the team. We could easily use his wages to keep more important players. Not a great miss. 

12 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

I'm no oil painting but a troll ffs I'm insulted! Woods no a bad player cheap 2 Roy get him a firewatcher job subsidise his meagre ICT wage

I'm sure you're a very handsome chap but Martin Woods is utter shite. Ask fans of Ross County, Partick and, now, Dundee. A total haddy.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Chance of Premiership football and more money without having to uproot his family for another few years - no brainer really. Did a decent job but by no means a stand out - we may yet see RC having a clear out and see who may be available to take this way.

Its a chance to free up some cash for us and freshen things up with a few new faces into the existing nucleus which is no bad thing, so long as its not Vincent or Woods FFS.

17 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Can they not take Fôn Williams instead. He's a financial burden on our part, and they're looking for a goalie. It's a win win situation...

He's out of contract with us now so no longer on our wage bill.

2 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

The amount of negativity on this board towards OFW is unnecessary. The guy has done nothing wrong other than honour the contractual terms he was given and mutually agreed with the board at the time.

Really. Apart from feining injury Every time he isn't out on loan to an American team.or for playing for Wales.

3 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

The amount of negativity on this board towards OFW is unnecessary. The guy has done nothing wrong other than honour the contractual terms he was given and mutually agreed with the board at the time.

True but, at the same time, he has had over two hundred thousand pounds from the club without offering much at all in return.

Better for all concerned if he moves on. OFW can do what  he's paid for and we can use at least some of the money on someone who actually contributes.

39 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

True but, at the same time, he has had over two hundred thousand pounds from the club without offering much at all in return.

Better for all concerned if he moves on. OFW can do what  he's paid for and we can use at least some of the money on someone who actually contributes.

I'm sure if we could have afforded it we wouldve played him. 

What was he supposed to do meantime, cancel his own contract?

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

His role and capability was to play in goal on a football park, if the management didnt offer that opportunity there really is not much he can give back - and contractually certainly not his salary. So long as he turned up to train and did as asked then he fulfilled his obligations. But I agree its best for both parties he moves on and gets back playing as this last 18 months have just stalled his career.

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

If you read my post you will see that I am not blaming the player.

Yes, I saw there was no blame apportioned to club or player , but stating that he has earned in excess of 200k without offering much in return - tends to give an imbalanced view of the situation. 

Perhaps it's statements like this that are responsible for negativity towards a player who was an important part of the team for a period of time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

39 minutes ago, Satan said:

Yes, I saw there was no blame apportioned to club or player , but stating that he has earned in excess of 200k without offering much in return - tends to give an imbalanced view of the situation. 

Perhaps it's statements like this that are responsible for negativity towards a player who was an important part of the team for a period of time.

Actually, whilst not blaming the player, I do apportion an element of blame to the club.

We were so keen to cash in on the fee from UEFA for his involvement in the Euros that we handed  the player the most lucrative contract in our history when signing on fee, salary and appearance bonuses were included.

I appreciate that it is easier to speak with the benefit of hindsight but that was a mistake which has cost us dearly with very little received in return.

Edited by Kingsmills

23 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Speaking to a County fan the day at work he's raging they signed Chalmers poor bugger near had a heart attack when I told him there sniffing about Trafford as well even amention of not renewing the season ticket lol

Did you ever learn punctuation and spelling at school?  If so, please use it.  These long sentences are a trial.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 3

2 minutes ago, lizi said:

Did you ever learn punctuation and spelling at school?  If so, please use it.  These long sentences are a trial.

I was to kwl for school sister! It's probably an age thing girl don't beat yourself up over not understanding how us young bucks roll!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lizi said:

Given the gulf between what AS thinks we should be spending and what we can realistically afford, I am more concernedabout his grasp of basic arithmetic rather than grammar.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1