ICT Feeder Club

dougal

• 7 months later...

Coll Donaldson is the latest County signing or will be in the next 24-48 hours once again  it reinforces that we are now the official feeder club for County

Sad days 

Dougal

Edited by dougal

11 minutes ago, dougal said:

Coll Donaldson is the latest County signing or will be in the next 24-48 hours once again  it reinforces that we are now the official feeder club for County

Sad days 

Dougal

Why sad days if we can agree a fee for him going let's take their money and get someone in who will provide options for remainder of the season. He hasn't exactly been brilliant has he.

3 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Why sad days if we can agree a fee for him going let's take their money and get someone in who will provide options for remainder of the season. He hasn't exactly been brilliant has he.

It’s sad because County are now extracting the urine out of us as they Lord it up in the league above.
It shows a complete lack of ambition from the so called guardians of our club shame on them.

Doubt you will be so upbeat when you hear who the jobber is that is lined up to replace him.

3 or 4 trialists will be training with us shortly and if the names I’ve heard are correct the future is deeply concerning

Dougal 

• Funny 1

38 minutes ago, dougal said:

Sad days 

Dougal

Lets see how well off they are well uncle Roy eventually pulls out, its not sustainable 

1 hour ago, dougal said:

It’s sad because County are now extracting the urine out of us as they Lord it up in the league above.
It shows a complete lack of ambition from the so called guardians of our club shame on them.

Doubt you will be so upbeat when you hear who the jobber is that is lined up to replace him.

3 or 4 trialists will be training with us shortly and if the names I’ve heard are correct the future is deeply concerning

Dougal 

What names have you heard? 

Remember when Donaldson signed many called him a "jobber" as you put it. He didn't turn out too bad did he? 

Edited by SteveA
  • Agree 1

Robbo's record of finding unheralded players and turning them into players bigger clubs want to sign is way better than his 2 predecessors.  I can't be bothered with speculation about who we may or may not be looking at.  If Robbo thinks they are good enough, then that's good enough for me.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

As far as County are concerned  you can hardly blame them now can you!  ?

It's just all about money and opportunism and I think that  County are trying to do what any other club would do also and that is get access to the best players to purchase at a price that they can afford. Caley is close and active so.....we had better get much larger crowds showing up for every game or things COULD just get worse. 

That or find some alternative source of  income......e.g  a lottery;  or winner take all at Monopoly;  or dancing girls from the USA + half-time entertainment.Whatever! ……..  we can at least TRY IT can't we?

So long as it gives the punters something to stimulate their pulses and earns the club some extra money it can at least be tried in MHO. That means that we must face up to the reality that money must also be spent to bring in half-time entertainment. Please.....remember try , try and try again and you will succeed. Don't try and you may be doomed ..or consumed.

16 hours ago, mikeyrob73 said:

Lets see how well off they are well uncle Roy eventually pulls out, its not sustainable 

I've been saying that for years and it hasn't happened yet. His pockets must be very very deep.

On the subject of players leaving I can hardly blame them to be fair. I've said it before that if we were offered more money for doing the same job we'd bite their hands off. ICT will never be in a position to offer mega bucks contracts. Players will come and go and we have to accept that even if they do want to stagnate across the bridge.

Ross Tokley in the p and j today saying coll will risk the wrath off the Caley fans if he moves. For one I don't care if he stays or go. What I'm more concerned about is if we have the chance of getting some cash into the club for his departure now as he has signed a pre contract to go anyway. Why wait 5 months of playing him? We are not In a position to turn down money for players.  We for to long have kept players and let them leave for free. Let's start making some money for taking these guys on and ressurecting their careers.

Edited by MorayJaggie
  • Agree 1

As I said in the other thread that money is only really useful if Robbo can use it to get a defender in of decent ability so our promotion hunt isn't affected otherwise we're as well keeping Coll until the end of the season. 

• Agree 1

This continuous transfer movement north over the bridge is a deeply worrying trend and in my eyes an absolute outrage. 
Cant believe how many home fans see this acceptable behaviour from the so called guardians of this club.

Maybe it’s time for a name change ICT to ICR would be appropriate as we have basically become Inverness County Reserves.

I don’t even think Donaldson will be that great acquisition for County but he’s far better than the likes of Lewis Toshney who is a proven county reject.

Never have I been more disillusioned  

Dougal

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

51 minutes ago, dougal said:

Cant believe how many home fans see this acceptable behaviour from the so called guardians of this club.

What utter s***e !

Like many before him, the guy is in the death throes of his current contract and has chosen to look further afield as he can make more money doing the same job elsewhere. The 'guardians' of the club as you so derisively call them can no more make him sign a new contract than you could. It is the player's choice, or in some cases, the choice or advice of the player's agent. We have been down this road in every division we have been in, including the premiership and with every board and chairman who has ever been at the helm for more than 5 minutes. 

As for the player, I cant say I blame him ..... The gulf in income between premiership and championship is massive - even before you consider Uncle Roy's deep pockets - so its no surprise that a player would look to go there for a bigger payday in what is a short career compared to other occupations so whilst we may not like it, any sane and intelligent human should be able to understand it.      

• Agree 11
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, dougal said:

This continuous transfer movement north over the bridge is a deeply worrying trend and in my eyes an absolute outrage. 

Maybe it’s time for a name change ICT to ICR would be appropriate as we have basically become Inverness County Reserves.

I don’t even think Donaldson will be that great acquisition for County but he’s far better than the likes of Lewis Toshney who is a proven county reject.

Dougal

You don't get tired of spouting this stuff do you??

The more disillusioned you get the more you seem to post...only happy when it rains.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 1

£200 extra a week (minimum) to play at a higher level and not have to uproot yourself from the area? It's a no brainer really for the likes of Donaldson and Chalmers to move OTB. 

It's absolutely shite to see but as long as we are below County get used to it. 

• Agree 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, dougal said:

Dougal

What do you suggest the club does to prevent this?

Also did you not say once upon a time you went to County games?

Edited by Fraz

Can't blame anybody big mans gotta look out for numero uno Iv jacked loads of jobs for an extra £! Don't think it's a huge disaster Toshney if he's fit be a good signing if Rooney won't resign if imagine if we get an offer he'll be gone as well that's a bigger blow he's 1 of our few attacking outlets! Tough for the club to keep players when your in the lower leagues! I like a change of personnel anyway the squad as it is has never challenged for the league time for a shake up Robbo to earn his wage with a rebuild Holt at livi done it on a lot lower budget!

Not that long ago we were poaching County's best players - Hislop, Wilson, Cowie to name but 3 (The only 3 I can think of at the moment!).

Just the way it goes - a higher division is more attractive and pays more.

The only way we can keep players is by bringing them through our own youth  system and instilling an unfeasible degree of loyalty into them - Inverness boys playing for Inverness - that sort of thing.

Can't see it though!