ICT Feeder Club

dougal

18 hours ago, Fraz said:

What do you suggest the club does to prevent this?

Also did you not say once upon a time you went to County games?

I know Orcs have very low intellect but here goes.

Maybe this has escaped you but we are possibly going to lose our entire defence, Coll to County,  Jamie to Partick and Shaun to Dundee.

These three along with Ridgers are the sole reason we are currently second in the championship and in a play off spot.

To be in this position  is an absolute outrage and the board are 100% guilty of not tying these guys down on longer contracts or at least have them staggered so situations like this can’t happen.

Im starting to question whether the board really want us back in the top flight also the fact that two of the players seem willing to transfer to two of our present rivals at the moment I wonder do the players think so too.

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 2

On 1/9/2020 at 5:10 PM, DoofersDad said:

Robbo's record of finding unheralded players and turning them into players bigger clubs want to sign is way better than his 2 predecessors.  I can't be bothered with speculation about who we may or may not be looking at.  If Robbo thinks they are good enough, then that's good enough for me.

Can't compare Robbos record with his predecessors who managed at a higher level with in comparison a much smaller budget! Besides that's what sites like this are all about rumours my man 

4 hours ago, dougal said:

I know Orcs have very low intellect but here goes.

Maybe this has escaped you but we are possibly going to lose our entire defence, Coll to County,  Jamie to Partick and Shaun to Dundee.

These three along with Ridgers are the sole reason we are currently second in the championship and in a play off spot.

To be in this position  is an absolute outrage and the board are 100% guilty of not tying these guys down on longer contracts or at least have them staggered so situations like this can’t happen.

Im starting to question whether the board really want us back in the top flight also the fact that two of the players seem willing to transfer to two of our present rivals at the moment I wonder do the players think so too.

Dougal

Nice of you to refer to me as an Orc and of low intellect. Not sure where this nonsense comes from but it says a lot about you. Do you still go to Ross County games? Makes your outrage somewhat laughable if you do. 

How exactly do the club make players sign contacts be they staggered or otherwise? Also a ridiculous statement, what club tries to stagger contracts for certain positions? They try to get the best contract they can per player surely.

Regardless, I'm not sure if you realise this but the club can't tie players down to contracts that they won't sign. Simple fact is that if players are offered more money elsewhere than the presumably paltry amount we can then they will likely go. It's hardly a new thing, I don't want to lose these players either but unless we get more money or more fans that won't change. 

Edited by Fraz
  • Agree 6

On 1/11/2020 at 1:41 PM, dougal said:

Without being pedantic, we play a back 4 and that's only 3. Also if you attend games you will know we also play a LB

• 6 months later...

Looking back I was completely justified starting this thread despite being pillared by the usual keyboard warriors.

it is an absolute outrage that Carl Tremarco is yet another in a long line of players travelling north up the A9.

Mark Ridgers being the latest name earmarked for jumping ship. 
County only have Laidlaw after that boy on loan from Chelsea returned.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we hear something in next couple of weeks prior to the SPL starting. 

Dougal

2 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

Swings and roundabouts. When we were on top we took many of their players.

Now they are on top they are taking ours.

Pretty reasonable and simple if you think about it. Only two full time teams in the area. Any other move would require relocation. 

They are only in the premier league for another season as it was cut well short. They wouldn't have survived and would have been in the championship. 

County are extremely fortunate to have a sugar daddy who just write blank cheques to offset their losses each and every season. Throwing money at things is very much "the County way" no matter how much they pretend otherwise. Our losses over the last few years haven't be great but County have lost 50% more money than us in just the last three seasons alone. In the last seven seasons they have lost almost £6 million. If MacGregor wasn't there they'd be absolutely nothing but whilst he is bank rolling them get used to our players happily moving over the bridge some an extra few hundred pounds a week. Not many folk would turn down that kind of offer.

49 minutes ago, RiG said:

County are extremely fortunate to have a sugar daddy who just write blank cheques to offset their losses each and every season. Throwing money at things is very much "the County way" no matter how much they pretend otherwise. Our losses over the last few years haven't be great but County have lost 50% more money than us in just the last three seasons alone. In the last seven seasons they have lost almost £6 million. If MacGregor wasn't there they'd be absolutely nothing but whilst he is bank rolling them get used to our players happily moving over the bridge some an extra few hundred pounds a week. Not many folk would turn down that kind of offer.

Very true but I don't think that too many ICT fans would object to having a 'sugar daddy' as consistently generous with his financial support.

Whilst players moving from county to us generally became valued first team players who improved themselves, our club and sometimes moved onto bigger things - the players moving in the opposite direction haven't  necessarily become first team regulars or stand out performers by any means.

This underlines county's signing policy is part uncle Roy putting his hand in his pockets to weaken us and also a laziness of their scouting network,  ie signing players who are local and roughly what they are looking for rather than working hard to find the right player...although if you are wallowing in cash it's not really that important, you just keep turning them over.

12 minutes ago, Satan said:

Whilst players moving from county to us generally became valued first team players who improved themselves, our club and sometimes moved onto bigger things - the players moving in the opposite direction haven't  necessarily become first team regulars or stand out performers by any means.

This underlines county's signing policy is part uncle Roy putting his hand in his pockets to weaken us and also a laziness of their scouting network,  ie signing players who are local and roughly what they are looking for rather than working hard to find the right player...although if you are wallowing in cash it's not really that important, you just keep turning them over.

Sure I read somewhere that County’s plan this season was to have a big squad and hope that would see them through the season. Quantity over quality?

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think County have done quite well on recent transfers they've sold a fair few players for 6 figure fees and replaced them for relative peanuts! Us on the other hand have not developed any players who took in a sizable fee our recent scouting leaves a lot to be desired to many bench warmers and players made of balsa wood 

3 hours ago, Satan said:

Its been mentioned by SG that our record of losing good players out of contract is incredible, regardless of whether we develop them or not we should be more savvy with contracts and player sales.

Our record on transfers is woeful even under Butcher and the great man Yogi contracts were allowed to run down losing players like Watkins and Tansey usually replacing them with likes of Wedderburn and Trafford who you'd have struggled to giveaway in a lucky bag! Look at county with Jackson Irvine half a mill guy then sold for 7 million I thought he was gash as well

On 7/20/2020 at 6:18 PM, RiG said:

Maybe if the dynamic duo Savage and Bennett put their hands in their respective pockets we could have two sugar daddies !! I suspect the latter will only demand a place on the board and then subsequently a wage from the club for the privilege.    

Edited by Caledonianfc1885
spelling