21 goals scored over 4 games

11 different scorers

All the forwards bagging 3 a piece

Decent workouts to start the season 

Next couple of games will be intetsting v Dons and Jambos

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, standbydave said:

Alot of pace down the left side tonight, MOM Walsh was everywhere, showed blistering pace and sent in great crosses. Some good goals tonight. Youngsters did well when they came on

Walsh oozed class and was the main creator of chances.  McCart strolled through the game and looked comfortable on the ball, making room and time foe himself when needed.  

This is the first time I have seen most, if not all, of the younger players and none of them looked out of place.  My young MOTM was Kieran Chalmers as he regularly broke up Forres attacks and then started ICT attacks, constant energy and not frightened to put a strong tackle in. Machado wasn’t far behind him as young MOTM. If we can hold on to these players we have a sound foundation to build a team for the future.

I was standing within earshot of JR for the second half and it was encouraging to hear him continually talking to the younger players about positioning and the positive thing was that they listened and obeyed instructions. 

Todorov indicated to JR that he had cramp.  

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, CurrieICT said:

Walsh oozed class and was the main creator of chances.  McCart strolled through the game and looked comfortable on the ball, making room and time foe himself when needed.  

This is the first time I have seen most, if not all, of the younger players and none of them looked out of place.  My young MOTM was Kieran Chalmers as he regularly broke up Forres attacks and then started ICT attacks, constant energy and not frightened to put a strong tackle in. Machado wasn’t far behind him as young MOTM. If we can hold on to these players we have a sound foundation to build a team for the future.

I was standing within earshot of JR for the second half and it was encouraging to hear him continually talking to the younger players about positioning and the positive thing was that they listened and obeyed instructions. 

Todorov indicated to JR that he had cramp.  

Matty Machado has been class in both games, but tbf, most Brazilian footballers are...

Actually glad his dad came to us asking for a trial for him than C*unty, can defo see him being a comparable player to Dan MacKay, and who knows, if he impresses enough he might be following Dan into the Youth Internationals. Just have to make sure the Dons don't nick him once he becomes decent...

• Agree 1

Aye! Great mun…." Looking very promising. If Todorov has a knee problem(s) he may well be dead in the water. My bad left knee skiing injury never healed properly. I needed major surgery but could not take time off work so--I had to  figure out how to live with it and so long as I did not  stretch it stupidly I got by.

Since then I have used only the bike and worked out every other day for years..This has strengthened both legs though and added weight to my left thigh muscle.

Recently, however, I did 4 hours work power-washing (pressure washing )my pathways and afterwards I was in trouble. Why? Because since I am right-handed the weight of the body shifted to the left side because I needed to resist the tremendous water pressure with my left arm and side for maintenance of balance since my right side was fighting the gear. And that did it in although I had no idea that that could happen. My recommendation to anyone with a knee injury is: "do not neglect it, follow the surgeon's advice and have the major surgery if he says so."

Hope this helps because the injury ruined my life sports-wise mostly but in other ways also such as the fact that walking on pavement is now out of the question . Cheers cahppies:    Great results so far...eh?:cheer01:

Was in Wick today and Academy were displaying their next match as being against ICT on the 10th of July. Their website has it listed as ICT XI at 7:30 PM, so I'm guessing it will be youngsters and maybe one or two back from injury. Nothing on the ICT website or the CTO article though. 

• Confused 1

That is a draw I am happy to accept, followed it on twitter, Walsh seemed to be our main threat with  Brad doing his bit at the back post again. Well done our Lads.               Hope our injuries aren't serious

Edited by bughtmaster
addition
  • Like 1

Competed well against a very strong Aberdeen side. Fair result ,although thought we could have nicked a winner at the end as we finished the stronger. Some really good performances out there, in particular from the young guys who never looked out of place against a team who will be pushing for a top 2 finish.

Crowd today was an impressive 2100

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Rooney did his ankle and shouted fuuuuck at the top of his voice as he went down the tunnel, emerging later in crutches. We brought on Coll and the back 4 looked decent for an hour with MacKay performing well behind them. 

We played the first 20 minutes with a lopsided system in which Trafford and Brown held with McGregor hugging the right touchline. On the other side Doran moved up alongside Curry and White whenever we had the ball. Curry was central with White shifting slightly to the right. 

We soon switched to 4-2-3-1 with Curry going wide and MacGregor playing as a 10. Both of them were being coached very intensively by Robbo throughout the game as they struggled to impose themselves. 

Doran came off with a groin strain before half-time - it didn't look serious. Walsh came on and played quite well. 

Todorov came on for Harper and played centre-half with McCart moving to left-back and gave away a penalty before he'd touched the ball. Later in the game he let a straightforward high ball bounce off the top of his head and Aberdeen should've scored. 

Todorov redeemed himself by getting a flick onto a corner for Brad to pop up with his trademark back post tap-in. 

As the subs rained on the game opened up a little and there were chances at both ends. Machado offered more penetration than MacGregor, and Keatings played centrally alongside White when he came on. Chalmers had replaced Brown by this point - we need to get some growth hormones into those boys. 

It was really depressing to see Trafford taking set pieces - there was a gaping Liam Polwarth sized hole in the centre of midfield throughout. 

We desperately need the dynamism of a Sean Welsh to give the attacking players a platform. No sign of him, Carson, Vincent or Tremarco today. 

Edited by Caley Stan
  • Agree 2

Carson was doing some jogging on the pitch at the warm up but did not appear to kick any balls. He watched the game from the stand sat next to tremarco. As far as the game went we could have lost a few goals first half; poor dons finishing and some good saves from mackay.  Penalty was a mix up as todorov had just came on and players were out of position. Overall a good performance against a big strong Aberdeen side. We could have won it late on. 

• Agree 2

Watching the goal in the club website, I see Mckay is number 4 this season. 

In the match report, there is an update on injuries. Carson will be fit for Monday, Vincent is not far away whilst Welsh and Mackay will start training this week. 

51 minutes ago, Robert said:

Watching the goal in the club website, I see Mckay is number 4 this season. 

In the match report, there is an update on injuries. Carson will be fit for Monday, Vincent is not far away whilst Welsh and Mackay will start training this week. 

We were playing 1 to 11 - no squad numbers yet.

Good news about the injuries.

Edited by Caley Stan

On 7/5/2019 at 5:44 PM, Rasczak said:

Was in Wick today and Academy were displaying their next match as being against ICT on the 10th of July. Their website has it listed as ICT XI at 7:30 PM, so I'm guessing it will be youngsters and maybe one or two back from injury. Nothing on the ICT website or the CTO article though. 

I see TM4TJ has updated the CTO article. Still nothing on the ICT site and the match report for the Aberdeen game has Robbo talking about the 3 matches of Aberdeen, Hearts and St Johnstone being scheduled as a step up from Highland League sides before the Peterhead game in the cup.

Has no one told ICT about the game or have Wick got things wrong? 

Was reading the thing for "XI of the Quarter Century" on the club site, and it still mentions about big opposition for a friendly game. Any clue as to when this will be, as it seems we've already got a REALLY tight schedule as is, and it would seem a bit late having it next summer, and doing it in the winter months (like the charity game vs C*unty, 2 years ago) again, seems like a hassle especially depending on who the "big opposition" are...my shot in the dark guesses are either Bolton or Astra. Can't really name any other big teams that would be worth arranging a friendly with that we haven't played a lot, as Celtic are yes, big, but not really a special game...